Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick

PhinFan0202

Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!
Reaction score
Ok, we all know that come draft time QB is always a high priority and most of the time go 1st overall. What i'm going to ask is do you guys think he is going to be worthy of the 1st pick in the draft a la Carson Palmer? The comparisons between the two are there but does Quinn deserve to be the best QB in college football or is their anyone else who is more worthy?

PhinFan0202 said:
Ok, we all know that come draft time QB is always a high priority and most of the time go 1st overall. What i'm going to ask is do you guys think he is going to be worthy of the 1st pick in the draft a la Carson Palmer? The comparisons between the two are there but does Quinn deserve to be the best QB in college football or is their anyone else who is more worthy?

Name one big game that Quinn has won?

in one word...no...he is a top ten pick maybe top 5 but he isnot a number 1

phins4gish said:

Michigan last year was pretty big, bringing ND from behind to beat Stanford so ND was BCS eligible on the last drive was pretty big. So was his come back to beat MSU this year. His drive that gave ND the lead against USC was pretty big also, defense couldnt hold on 4 and 9 isnt Quinns fault. Name one big game Cutler won, name one big game Big Ben or Eli Manning won for that matter?

I'm not saying Quinn should be the #1 pick, I dont think any other QB should be taken before him but that's a different issue. Him being or not being #1 though, has nothing at all to do with the question you asked

phins4gish said:

What does that have to do with how well the guy has played and how well he will play in the NFL?

dominizzo said:
Brady Quinn can be the next ken Dorsey or Chris Weinke or Jason White!! System QBS!!

System QBS Stink!!

I might agree with you. His numbers did jump a lot with the arrival of Weis' new system. However, the guy does seem to have all of the physical tools. I have watched every ND game this year and he seems to make all of the throws. Even if he is a system QB, he seems to be able to digest the playbook and run it effectively.

On a side note, do you feel the same thing about Tom Brady? He has only won under Weis' system. Weis obviously knows how to coach QBs and Brady obviously benefitted from havind him as a coach. Would Brady have succeeded as much somewhere else, especially on a mediocre team? Personally, I think he is good, but the reason he has rings is because of the defense he has had, not simply because he is a great QB.

dominizzo said:
Cmon Don Shula!!

You really think brady is good!! let him play in lets say Detoit!! i wonder what he would do!!

System Qbs are no good!! Its my opinion:dolphins:

Yes I think Brady is good. I'd love to know how many ND games you've watched, or to tell me how Brady is like Dorsey. What about NDs system makes you think he cant be successful in other pro systems?

DonShula84 said:
Yes I think Brady is good. I'd love to know how many ND games you've watched, or to tell me how Brady is like Dorsey. What about NDs system makes you think he cant be successful in other pro systems?

I still see ND as a Systme team and I dont think they will succeeed

Back
Top Bottom