Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick

dominizzo said:
I still see ND as a Systme team and I dont think they will succeeed

But you said Dorsey was a system QB but they were successful, same with Weinke and Jason White. And Weis's system has won SUPER BOWLS!! So how ND "as a system" means they wont have success as a team makes no sense. What is a system team anyway? Every team has a system. Just say you dont know what you're talking about and leave it at that.

DonShula84 said:
But you said Dorsey was a system QB but they were successful, same with Weinke and Jason White. And Weis's system has won SUPER BOWLS!! So how ND "as a system" means they wont have success as a team makes no sense. What is a system team anyway? Every team has a system. Just say you dont know what you're talking about and leave it at that.

I agree that every team and QB is a 'system'. Except of course for Marino who was the system, which is why he is the greatest. I think the Weis system is some kind of variation of a west coast offense. I see a lot of similarities between what ND runs and what the Pats ran under Weis. No surprise there. I think that west coast offenses are very QB friendly. They seem to run a lot of short routes that act as kind of a running game. It relies heavily on running precise routes and producing yards after the catch. And given the rules that limit the defenses' ability to cover WRs, it makes it easier to run the west coast style.

I think there are a lot of QBs who can win in the right system. Especially if you are a veteran who knows a lot of verbage and already has a good idea of how different offenses are run and what defenses are going to do. I think to go along with Quinn's physical abilities, which seem to be pretty good, he can digest a playbook and learn a system well enough to be effective. A lot of that depends on what team he ends up with and how they decide to use him. I don't watch a lot of college football so I don't know if there is anyone who is more talented than Quinn at the QB position. Going number 1 depends a lot on the need of the team picking in that spot. But aside from that, Quinns looks like he should be in that discussion.

All I know is that even if Quinn doesn't deserve #1, he is stilla hell of a QB who can make all the throws he needs to, and is definitely as deserving of a top 10 pick as any of the QBs in recent years

dominizzo said:
Brady Quinn can be the next ken Dorsey or Chris Weinke or Jason White!! System QBS!!

System QBS Stink!!

I wouldn't consider any of those guys system Qbs.

Brady Quinn probably isn't worth the number one pick. However, he'll almost certainly go first. Its a new unwritten rule that Qb's go first, not to mention the raiders will probably have that pick. And they'd be ******ed to go any other way but QB.

Saban4prez said:
Brady Quinn probably isn't worth the number one pick. However, he'll almost certainly go first. Its a new unwritten rule that Qb's go first, not to mention the raiders will probably have that pick. And they'd be ******ed to go any other way but QB.

:confused: What happened this year?

Saban4prez said:
the raiders will NOT draft a QB.

phins4gish said:
Name one big game that Quinn has won?

The USC/ND game last year that USC came back to win was not Quinn's fault. ND's defense along with Reggie Bush's push at the goal line was the reason. :cooldude: Brady did everything he could to win - he is being blamed for his team's losses much like Dan Marino is blamed for not winning a Super Bowl. (I AM NOT COMPARING MARINO TO QUINN) but we have to realize that Football is a team game -- he doesn't play defense, he doesn't kick field goals... Anyway, as a Cane fan -- who cares!

dominizzo said:
I still see ND as a Systme team and I dont think they will succeeed
last year i thought quinn was it but this year getting a better look i don't see anything special that would carry over into the pros

Back
Top Bottom