Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick

305TillIDie said:
Calvin Johnson goes #1

if not, top 2

:yes:

definitely, no doubt.

Brady Quinn is so not worth the #1 pick, its almost funny.

Calvin Johnson is the most complete prospect i've seen in years, def worth #1 more than anyone, IMO.

you put Quinn behind a suspect line....oh wait just watch him this year..he sucks.

phins4gish said:
I'm just saying that ND has been losing big games. Do you want a choker on your team?

I just don't think you can blame losses and credit wins squarely on a QB.

UF Fin Kat said:
put any QB behind a bad line and watch.

Yeah I agree that any QB will not look good behind a bad oline. And watching every ND game this year, I have noticed Quinn getting a little happy feet in the pocket after being under some pressure. And after that, even when he had time, he was inaccurate and just seemed a little rattled by pressure. That was at the beginning of the year and he seems to have played better. But they have played weaker opponents recently. When they start to play good teams again, pay attention to him if he gets pressure.

phins4gish said:
I'm just saying that ND has been losing big games. Do you want a choker on your team?

Other than Michigan this year where he played horrible what game has he ever choked in? Like was said leading your team to come from behind wins isnt something a lot of college QBs do (not many are in the position to though) yet he has done it almost every time he's been given the opportunity. That isnt a choker, that's clutch.

Nick Mangold said:
definitely, no doubt.

Brady Quinn is so not worth the #1 pick, its almost funny.

Calvin Johnson is the most complete prospect i've seen in years, def worth #1 more than anyone, IMO.

you put Quinn behind a suspect line....oh wait just watch him this year..he sucks.

Wow, 1600+ yards, 63.5 comp% 17 total Tds and 4 int, yeah he really sucks. I wonder if people watch him play before they make really stupid and ignorant comments. Watching the Michigan game then bashing him and his career off that is a joke

dplunk said:
Yeah I agree that any QB will not look good behind a bad oline. And watching every ND game this year, I have noticed Quinn getting a little happy feet in the pocket after being under some pressure. And after that, even when he had time, he was inaccurate and just seemed a little rattled by pressure. That was at the beginning of the year and he seems to have played better. But they have played weaker opponents recently. When they start to play good teams again, pay attention to him if he gets pressure.

He had 1 bad game in the beginning of the year, Michigan. PSU he dominated, MSU he dominated and I think people realize now that GT is a much better team then preseason rankings gave them credit for and he still had a pretty good that day.

It's like it has become the trendy thing on this board to say Quinn is a system QB he isnt very good blah blah blah, but no one can really back up the claim

DonShula84 said:
Wow, 1600+ yards, 63.5 comp% 17 total Tds and 4 int, yeah he really sucks. I wonder if people watch him play before they make really stupid and ignorant comments. Watching the Michigan game then bashing him and his career off that is a joke

yeah, he sure has played a lot of tough teams too, you're right. :rolleyes2

dude, i think your the one not watching the games since your alone on your theory.

have you seen him play this year?

Nick Mangold said:
:lol: yeah the biggest domer homer on this board hasn't watched him play. i imagine he's watched him MUCH more than you.

there's always going to be someone saying the #1 QB prospect sucks. there were plenty saying it with leinart, there are plenty saying it with quinn, etc. you're just another one of those guys.

UF Fin Kat said:
:lol: yeah the biggest domer homer on this board hasn't watched him play. i imagine he's watched him MUCH more than you.

oh, he's a ND fan?

that makes sense on why he's alone.

Nick Mangold said:
yeah, he sure has played a lot of tough teams too, you're right. :rolleyes2

dude, i think your the one not watching the games since your alone on your theory.

Alone? Should I link every draft site that has him ranked as the #1 QB?

I'd compare NDs schedule to OSU any year. GT could win the ACC, Michigan is playing for a national championship birth, PSU isnt great this year but still a solid team, MSU is a rivalry so it's always tough. That's a pretty difficult opening to a season. You cant say he sucks, then say well he has good numbers because he has played bad teams. It's one or the other.

And I havent missed an ND game since he's been at South Bend.

Like I said earlier in the thread I'm not arguing that he should be the #1 pick, I'm arguing with fools who think he sucks.

Nick Mangold said:
oh, he's a ND fan?

that makes sense on why he's alone.

I'm so alone :lol:

http://www.nflreport.com/mock1.htm

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/rankedSeniors.cfm

And check Kipers big board and every other analyst or draft site I've seen has Quinn as a top 5 pick and the #1 QB.

I have no problem with people even saying that Brohm should be the #1 QB, or that Quinn shouldnt be the #1 pick but to say Quinn sucks is an indefensible position

FWIW - I don't think Quinn is the best pro prospect out there; it's Brohm out of Louisville.

UF Fin Kat said:
i don't care. there's absolutely nothing he's done that can make you or anyone think he has ANYTHING on brady at ALL. that's just wild speculation and wishful thinking.

it could be wild speculation but as a dolphin fan its definitely NOT wishful thinking. he'll be a free agent soon. belichik is going to have to decide between him and brady. p.r. wise he's gotta take brady. who knows maybe cassell becomes a dolphin. if that's the case then yes it will be wishful thinking also

adamprez2003 said:
belichik is going to have to decide between him and brady.
:sidelol:

there's been a lot of ridiculous things said on this forum, but THIS takes the cake.

Back
Top Bottom