Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick

dplunk said:
:lol: Was he playing worse against the good teams or was he playing about the same but the team lost? The team loosing could have nothing to do with the QB play?

dude, i cant stop staring at your avatar, i love it! :up:

thats Kristin Kruek (sp?) from the superman show, right?

LouPhinFan said:
I agree. I think Brohm will end up being a better NFL QB than Quinn.

:yes:

that's the most sensible post i've seen by far.

From the Draft Board:

Brohm is able to hang in the pocket and make all of his throws, Quinn feels pressure way too early and will throw the ball with poor footwork or rollout. Brohm's arm is superior as is his accuracy. If Quinn's not in a comfort zone, he'll throw balls every which way.

If Quinn is thrown out into the fire from day one behind a bad offensive line, he's going to develop some terrible habits...or better yet, continue them.

Shula? Fin Kat? Agree or disagree?

Nick Mangold said:
From the Draft Board:

Brohm is able to hang in the pocket and make all of his throws, Quinn feels pressure way too early and will throw the ball with poor footwork or rollout. Brohm's arm is superior as is his accuracy. If Quinn's not in a comfort zone, he'll throw balls every which way.

If Quinn is thrown out into the fire from day one behind a bad offensive line, he's going to develop some terrible habits...or better yet, continue them.

Shula? Fin Kat? Agree or disagree?

I said it was fine to think Brohm is better than Quinn. I'd have them 1a and 1b in no particlar order probably. I havent seen enough of Brohm though, only a few games over the years, to say that he has a stronger arm than Quinn. I also already said Quinn sees the rush too early and it affects his accuracy.

What I think is funny though is that you say Quinn only plays well against bad teams, when Brohm has made a career off a weak schedule against cupcake teams. I look over his schedule for the last few years and I dont know for sure if he's ever beaten a ranked team.

Also I think Brohm being injured two years in a row has to atleast bring whether he is injury prone or not into consideration.

I'm still waiting for you to explain your Quinn sucks comment though, that should be an interesting explanation.

DonShula84 said:
What I think is funny though is that you say Quinn only plays well against bad teams, when Brohm has made a career off a weak schedule against cupcake teams. I look over his schedule for the last few years and I dont know for sure if he's ever beaten a ranked team.

September 16No. 17 Miami (FL) W 31-7

plus WV in 2 weeks and another ranked team.

psst...look up schedules before posting.

Nick Mangold said:
September 16No. 17 Miami (FL) W 31-7

plus WV in 2 weeks and another ranked team.

psst...look up schedules before posting.

psst I did, he hasnt played WV yet that doesnt count. And like I said I wasnt sure, I was checking on ESPN and it doesnt show the ranking. If you noticed Miami isnt ranked anymore and I wasnt sure if they still had there ranking at that time.

Is reading comprehension a problem for you all the time, or just on this message board? I also like how you ignore most of a post and pick out one thing and fail to mention any of the other points.

FINFAN_4_EVER said:
Quinn isn't worthy
He can't win the big games:tantrum:

And Brohm has? What big game has Quinn lost for his team? Other than Michigan this year. That point has been disproven with his come back wins so you need to do better than that. Not every QB can play for a National Title so if that's what you're judging it by Marino never won a big game in college, neither did hundreds of other QBs who have been successful at the next level.

DonShula84 said:
psst I did, he hasnt played WV yet that doesnt count. And like I said I wasnt sure, I was checking on ESPN and it doesnt show the ranking. If you noticed Miami isnt ranked anymore and I wasnt sure if they still had there ranking at that time.

Is reading comprehension a problem for you all the time, or just on this message board? I also like how ignore most of a post and pick out one thing and fail to mention any of the other points.

I look over his schedule for the last few years and I dont know for sure if he's ever beaten a ranked team.

:confused:

dude, you JUST said you looked at the schedule.

Miami was ranked #17 when Louisville beat them.

I'm not trying to argue man, i just think Brohm will be a better pro.

I think Quinn sucks WHEN he gets hurried and he gets "happy feet" and throws some really UGLY passes.

he's also played well, but IMO not enough to warrant a #1 pick.

it seems like Quinn gets shook to easily.

Brohm has a better head on his shoulders, IMO.

I know you are a ND fan, i am a HUGE penn state fan...so we will agree to disagree on this one, fair enough? :cooldude:

Nick Mangold said:
:confused:

dude, you JUST said you looked at the schedule.

Miami was ranked #17 when Louisville beat them.

I'm not trying to argue man, i just think Brohm will be a better pro.

I think Quinn sucks WHEN he gets hurried and he gets "happy feet" and throws some really UGLY passes.

he's also played well, but IMO not enough to warrant a #1 pick.

it seems like Quinn gets shook to easily.

Brohm has a better head on his shoulders, IMO.

I know you are a ND fan, i am a HUGE penn state fan...so we will agree to disagree on this one, fair enough? :cooldude:

Fair enough :D

dplunk said:
You bring up a good point about the media. I haven't seen one Louiville game all year. If Brohm is as good as you guys say, I would like to see him in action. You never know, the Fins might be in a position to take a QB. If he is that good, I think I would be happy with him or Quinn.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to see him in the Fiesta Bowl. Or maybe an outside of outside chance in the National Championship game. The Fiesta Bowl has scouted Louisville 3 times already and is on record as loving U of L. If U of L goes undefeated this season they take the Cards to play whom ever. They probably will still take them with 1 loss as well.

Plus just to stir the pot even more...Notre Dame recruited Brohm really hard, but he still chose U of L over the Irish...:D

All this discussion is for naught. I don't think Brohm will be coming out this year anyway. U of L will finish this year with zero or 1 loss. BCS game is a good possiblity. They don't lose very many of their staters next year from offense or defense. Hell Bush may not even leave, especially if they have a shot at a national championship next year. Brohm would be one of the top 3 Heisman canidates and probably the top QB in the 2008 draft.

Nick Mangold said:
dude, i cant stop staring at your avatar, i love it! :up:

thats Kristin Kruek (sp?) from the superman show, right?

Yeah man that is Kristin Kreuk. Absolutely gorgeous. And I love Smallville, not only is there a lot of hot chicks on it, most noteably Kristin, but its freakin Superman and they do a good job with it.

Back to the topic, I don't think it matters who well all think is better or who will be a better pro. That all has a lot to do with the situation they come into. The surrounding talent, offensive scheme, and coaching have a lot to do with the success of a QB. I think the question of the thread was, 'is Quinn worthy of the top pick?' And I think based on his physical skills he has and his performance on the field, he is worthy of a top pick. He has similar numbers to what Carson Palmer had coming out and is about the same size. What more could you ask for in a QB?

LouPhinFan said:
Hopefully you'll get a chance to see him in the Fiesta Bowl. Or maybe an outside of outside chance in the National Championship game. The Fiesta Bowl has scouted Louisville 3 times already and is on record as loving U of L. If U of L goes undefeated this season they take the Cards to play whom ever. They probably will still take them with 1 loss as well.

Plus just to stir the pot even more...Notre Dame recruited Brohm really hard, but he still chose U of L over the Irish...:D

All this discussion is for naught. I don't think Brohm will be coming out this year anyway. U of L will finish this year with zero or 1 loss. BCS game is a good possiblity. They don't lose very many of their staters next year from offense or defense. Hell Bush may not even leave, especially if they have a shot at a national championship next year. Brohm would be one of the top 3 Heisman canidates and probably the top QB in the 2008 draft.

I hope I get the chance. And just out of curiosity, why do you think he will stay another year? Winning a national championship would be nice, but so would be getting some guaranteed money and the chance to start learning in the NFL as soon as possible. But I guess I could understand wanting to stay in college another year. I just graduation and I really miss it. It must be even nicer when you are the star QB and a big man on campus. Actually, yeah he needs to stay as long as he can.

dplunk said:
I hope I get the chance. And just out of curiosity, why do you think he will stay another year? Winning a national championship would be nice, but so would be getting some guaranteed money and the chance to start learning in the NFL as soon as possible. But I guess I could understand wanting to stay in college another year. I just graduation and I really miss it. It must be even nicer when you are the star QB and a big man on campus. Actually, yeah he needs to stay as long as he can.

I think he'll stay because of the injuries last year and this year. With a full season under his belt, his draft status will rocket. His freshman year he split time with LaFlors. He hurt his knee last year, and then the thumb this year. I just really think he'll pull a Leinert and come back for his senior year.

Back
Top Bottom