Is Feely Really Improved | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Feely Really Improved

FinSinceBirth

If you aren't a gator, you're gator bait
Reaction score
New member here and i have a question for all of u that have been to the qp camps and following what's going on. Has Feely really improved? It has appeared so but then others have said no. What's ur honest opinion of his performance.

Here's to hoping he's the starter this year:up:

Today's camp report on the news ticker said Feeley is having a hell of a time learning the offense. I would like Feeley to start, but the news is not looking good. I fear there is a good chance we are in for another year of Fiedler.

by the way, welcome to the forum

o god not another year, i cringe everytime he throws that long ball, plz god let feely kick some A**

From what I've been reading, he was horrid in the beginning, but he's improving and now he is closing the gap on Fiedler. It's still early! We haven't even started training camp yet.

I agree, there have been back and forth reviews on Feeley. Just today, I read an article that said Feeley is confident and ready to run the offense come training camp. Another article says that Feeley isn't used to the Florida heat and is strugling. The fact is, you can not really assess Feeley until Training Camp and Preseason. You could send two different people to these mini camps and one would say the Feeley looks like the best QB ever and lightyears better then Fiedler and the other person could say that Feeley look horrible and Fiedler is guanteed to start. Just wait a month. I personally think Feeley will get the nod Week 1. They are not saying this, but the fact is that the starting job is Feeley's to lose.

One thing we have to remember is that Fielder has had a four year head start over Feeley. I wasn't expecting Feeley to be blowing our doors off from day one, but I was expecting alittle more than what I've seen....

He's obviously still learning, and he's obviously struggling in the process. He's still got plenty of time to improve before the season gets underway, but he'll need to close the gap very quickly, and be the "clear cut starter" before we end up actually starting him....

Right now, my money is on Fielder. He's looked better, and more confident than ever under Trestman IMO. The addition of a new OL, and WR D. Boston doesn't hurt either.... :D

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

u know, i respect fiedler, u has a great heart and will, but the reality is that he's proved to be a mediocre starter. hell if he can take us to a superbowl w/ all these additions let him be the starter, but i just don't think he can do it

FinSinceBirth said:
New member here and i have a question for all of u that have been to the qp camps and following what's going on. Has Feely really improved? It has appeared so but then others have said no. What's ur honest opinion of his performance.

Here's to hoping he's the starter this year:up:
I would have to say, that at the very least in out Division (that has some pretty good QBs), by the start of the season, he should be better then at least Bledsoe. :D :tongue:

bledsoe grrrreat :shakeno:, there was a time that comparing a qb to him was a compliment. but it seems bledsoe is on the decline of his carreer, seems more of an insult now

The year that Feeley came in for the Eagles and performed phenomenally, he actually was cut prior to Week 4 and put on the practice squad until Week 7, and had trouble beating Tim Hasselbeck out for a roster spot in training camp. BTW for those people who still insist that Feeley was 3rd string in 2003, and refute the argument that Koy was too valuable as a holder for them to list Feeley as the #2 on any given sunday, because you insist that no coach is that stupid...the Eagles rostered only 2 quarterbacks during that 3 week stretch where Feeley was on the practice squad. For two games, the emergency quarterback was...well, god only knows who it was probably like Brian Mitchell or Artis Hicks or something. So you tell me where Andy Reid's priorities are.

Anyway judging from how Feeley was actually cut, and had trouble beating Tim Hasselbeck, then came in for 5 games and performed admirably, I think this is a guy whose talents will manifest themselves during real live action, not during practice.

Make your judgement after you see him in live fire preseason situations. My guess is that if Feeley doesn't blow us all away in preseason games, Fiedler will start, and he'll get injured (as usual) and Feeley will come in and lead us to victory after victory until Fiedler never sees the light of day again.

ckparrothead said:
Fiedler will start, and he'll get injured (as usual) and Feeley will come in and lead us to victory after victory until Fiedler never sees the light of day again.
Sounds like the same thing said during Lucas' time and then Griese last year. You better hope that Spielman has a better eye for talent than Wanny.

FinSinceBirth said:
o god not another year, i cringe everytime he throws that long ball, plz god let feely kick some A**
Don't worry yourself Fin, even though Feeley has not yet impressed enough to take the starting job, he is improving with each camp. If he continues to improve (I have no doubt he won't, with all the help he is getting, and the hard work he has put in), he will sooner or later take it.

Of what I have read so far, he seems to make tough passes look easy, and has a very good deep ball, but seems to lose concentration with the easier passes. This shows that his problem is not as much talent, as it is learning the terminology, and learning to stop thinking so much, and react better...something that will become easier for him once Preseason starts.

You can't teach talent, proof, look as Fiedler, he has reached his full potential, and he will not get any better then this, while Feeley does still have loads to learn, yet right now he could be considered as good as Fiedler, with the advantage, that he has a much better deep pass.

Once Feeley is comfortable in this system, he will no longer be thinking as much, but instead just reacting on instincts, and once he starts working on that, I am very sure that people will start to feel more comfortable with him as the starter. :cooldude:

Justasportsfan said:
Sounds like the same thing said during Lucas' time and then Griese last year. You better hope that Spielman has a better eye for talent than Wanny.

Are you kidding, Spielman has a very good chance of having had a very good off-season when all is said and done....

Feeley- Many experts have said that this move was a very good one, and Ron Wolf (a man who knows about QBs) said Feeley is a QB that is worth taking a shot on.

Boston- 1st they said it will cost too much for Miami to trade for him (A lower draft pick) , then they said he would not lose the weight Miami wanted (He is on schedule, if not already there, on losing 20+ pounds), they said he would be difficult, and have problems with his teammates or coaches (Other then one rumor that was said to be untruthful, no problems), Finally they said he would not be the same player after he dropped a few balls in the 1st camp (has dropped very few after that, while showing the great speed we were hoping for).

Jeno James- So far has impressed, and has been already taken the title of leader of the offensive line. Has been said that he could be a quicker version of Nails.

Draft- Got himself an Offensive lineman that is a monster, and should start very early, another quality Corner, a few good backup Offensive linemen, and two very talented players that will be standouts on the special teams (one of which (Bua) has shown such good potential, he could be starting on the defense very soon.

I can't imagine anyone said that about Lucas. Some misguided fans who were fed up with Fiedler wanted Lucas to start the 2002 season, but that was an "anyone but Jay" thing. Probably the same people that have wanted Sage to start.

As for Griese, come on, the dude arrived here after June, got injured for training camp and the first part of the season, was in a new offense with new personnel and a playbook he didn't understand, and someone expected him to come in and lead us to victory after victory? Some people, sure. But when Jay Fiedler is your QB, some people will ALWAYS think that. I dunno I've seen Feeley play, I know what kind of playbook he was running that offense out of (the full McNabb playbook, not scaled down at all) and I like the guy. If he's a little uncomfortable in a new situation, that is to be expected...and for him that kind of stuff comes out in his practice play. When he's in the game he handles the offense like a vet.

Way too early to compare Spielman's additions with Wannstedt's...plus we don't know what Wanny additions in the past were Spielman calls etc. I hear Taylor Whitley was a Spielman call.

Back
Top Bottom