Is Feely Really Improved | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Feely Really Improved

These guy were also ahead at this point in time compared to Feely at camp.

I'm sorry Justasportsfan but as a bills fan you're just not up on your dolphins material. Ray Lucas was brought in prior to the 2001 season, and after his poor performances in mini-camp, training camp, and preseason, practically nobody called for him to start. It was prior to the 2002 season that Lucas started to look good in camp and preseason and THAT is when fans (a very very small minority mind you) were saying he should start...and that was mainly because we'd been through 2 seasons of Fiedler throwing interceptions at all the wrong moments so it got to some people who at that point would have made anyone our QB except Fiedler. Those are mostly the same people who thought and hoped Griese would unseat Fiedler in training camp even with him not getting any mini-camps under his belt to learn the playbook.

I'm sorry man, you just gotta keep up with the Phins a bit more if you actually wanna start debating with dolfans who know every move this team has made since like the early 90's.

ckparrothead said:
I'm sorry Justasportsfan but as a bills fan you're just not up on your dolphins material. Ray Lucas was brought in prior to the 2001 season, and after his poor performances in mini-camp, training camp, and preseason, practically nobody called for him to start. It was prior to the 2002 season that Lucas started to look good in camp and preseason and THAT is when fans (a very very small minority mind you) were saying he should start...and that was mainly because we'd been through 2 seasons of Fiedler throwing interceptions at all the wrong moments so it got to some people who at that point would have made anyone our QB except Fiedler. Those are mostly the same people who thought and hoped Griese would unseat Fiedler in training camp even with him not getting any mini-camps under his belt to learn the playbook.

I'm sorry man, you just gotta keep up with the Phins a bit more if you actually wanna start debating with dolfans who know every move this team has made since like the early 90's.
As far as football is concerned I'd say I pretty much have held my own. Whether or not it's fins or bills. Not a lot of finfans have disagreed with me on fins' issues as a matter of fact some agree. Those who can't debate usually drag in "bills suck or drag in the bills because they cannot argue what I've stated about the fins. (you're not one of them though)

My opinion on Griese/Lucas was based on what was said on this board and stems from my main post which was it's the same opinion that was said about them, "start Lucas/ Griese /." You may not have been one of them but your saying "win after win" may not be the same exact words by those who wanted Lucas/Griese to start but it's the same sentiment.

You cannot deny that Feely could end up having the same fate as Lucas/Griese and being at par w/ Fiedler by the start of the season is not enough. Like I said, Fiedler knows the AFCE and has gone to battle with this team for 4 years which would give Fiedler the edge . In time Feely should take the job if there is any progress.

Like I said, I hope Feely start against the Bills. Fiedler knows whats coming, Feely doesn't. If your new OL doesn't hold up, Feidler can scramble, Feely can't.

There is a difference and you can think yourself the most intelligent if you like. You keep missing the point, there has always been a minority MINORITY, that basically would have wanted you to start had you been signed. Where as with Feeley, I would venture a majority want AJ to start. There were not any Wolfs and Fassels out there saying the things they said about AJ. If you knew as much as you think you know, then you would realize the optimism ranges from guarded to full blown excitement about teh kid. You would also know that teh issue has been debated and debated and debated. You would further know the arguments for AJ are diff than Lucas/Griese in that the debate generally focuses on the skills of AJ and not on Jay's lack thereof.
See that was what the argument has always been Jay cant do that or this, Lucas is diff than Jay, Griese went to teh probowl, basically their are not JAY. At least AJ is discussed as his abilities go and compared. He is also not a retread as Griese was. AJ can scramble so you are wrong there, he cannot do it as well as Jay, but he has a good pocket presence based on majority of reports and can get rid of it or get out of teh way. There is a diff between a running qb and a scrambling qb. Jay can run, AJ is not a runner but can scramble. Being on par, this team will go w/ the potential and AJ is teh potential, he is young and has upisde, Jay has peaked, there is the edge. They do NOT want status quo, they will take a risk to upgrade.

As far as Drew goes, well yeah ten years ago Drew was top notch, now he is bottom half unless max protect surrounded by weapons. He is still effective in the right scenario. Talking about immobile.

Justasportsfan said:
Mcgahee.

Opinions differ. No way I'd take any of the fins qb over Drew if they were all on the same team.

BTW, Sammy Morris was our emergency qb. I think think he should be in the mix for the top qb spot. He's as qualified as Fiedler :D

Ok Mcgahee is also an emergency Qb. When did this guy play Qb high school? I would be really comforted knowing that.

rickeyrunsover said:
There is a difference and You keep missing the point, there has always been a minority MINORITY, that basically would have wanted you to start had you been signed. Where as with Feeley, I would venture a majority want AJ to start. There were not any Wolfs and Fassels out there saying the things they said about AJ. If you knew as much as you think you know, then you would realize the optimism ranges from guarded to full blown excitement about teh kid. You would also know that teh issue has been debated and debated and debated. You would further know the arguments for AJ are diff than Lucas/Griese in that the debate generally focuses on the skills of AJ and not on Jay's lack thereof.
See that was what the argument has always been Jay cant do that or this, Lucas is diff than Jay, Griese went to teh probowl, basically their are not JAY. At least AJ is discussed as his abilities go and compared. He is also not a retread as Griese was. AJ can scramble so you are wrong there, he cannot do it as well as Jay, but he has a good pocket presence based on majority of reports and can get rid of it or get out of teh way. There is a diff between a running qb and a scrambling qb. Jay can run, AJ is not a runner but can scramble. Being on par, this team will go w/ the potential and AJ is teh potential, he is young and has upisde, Jay has peaked, there is the edge. They do NOT want status quo, they will take a risk to upgrade. .
If "holding my own" means "you can think yourself the most intelligent if you like." that's your interpretation, not mine :D.

You just said the same thing I did but a little longer. I did say you are banking on his potential :D

Feely has not proven he can scramble, not with an OL that Fiedler had, at least.

You also didn't deny that Feely could turn out to have the same fate as Lucas and griese which I stated was my main point.

rickeyrunsover said:
As far as Drew goes, well yeah ten years ago Drew was top notch, now he is bottom half unless max protect surrounded by weapons. He is still effective in the right scenario. Talking about immobile.
Talk about missing points, what does this have to do with Feely and Fiedler?

jesusfreak26 said:
Ok Mcgahee is also an emergency Qb. When did this guy play Qb high school? I would be really comforted knowing that.
In the CFL.

It's was a joke. :rolleyes:

Justasportsfan said:
Feely has not proven he can scramble, not with an OL that Fiedler had, at least.
Interesting point Justa... I like to input my opinion in on this matter... ;)

Point 1- Miami's OL last year (03), gave up 31 sacks, compare to Phili's 43 sacks. In 02 our OL gave up 25 sacks, compared to Phili's 36. Phili's OL has averaged 40 sacks for the last 2 years, and that with McNabb, a scrambler-runner QB...

For the last 4 years, Fiedler has averaged 1 sack/ 17 attempts, with good and bad lines...

00= 1 sack/ 16 att... Offensive # 17th in YPA
01= 1 sack/ 17 att... Offensive # 6th in YPA
02= 1 sack/ 22 att... Offensive # 15th in YPA
03= 1 sack/ 17 att... Offensive # 15th in YPA

Only major improvement was in 02, somehow the OL executed better in pass protection and allowed Jay to pass more easily. It seems last year's OL was no worse for protection than those in 00-01, and the 02 OL made us forget that...

Now for AJ, he has had an average of 1 sack/ 24 attempts in his 6 game career, having 1 sack/ 22 att in his 5 starts in 02. Phili's Offensive ranking was # 18th in YPA in 02...

IMO, AJ might not be a scrambler, but he has enough presence in the pocket, to avoid sacks, and JF has been pretty much consitant in sacks/ attempt in 3 out of his last 4 years...

Back
Top Bottom