Is Feely Really Improved | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Feely Really Improved

I've actually had a little closure on the qb deal. If everything is fair the best player will start against the Titans. Then hopefully that player will come around and win games for us. Then should his game decline we can replace him with the other guy who regardless whether its Jay or AJ is a proven winner too. It could be worse. We knew Griese was pretty crappy for some years before we signed him. We also knew Lucas was a step beneath Fiedler.

I'm not saying Feely will bust but Lucas and Griese (probowl) has had more experience than Feely. These guy were also ahead at this point in time compared to Feely at camp.Some epople here were screaming for Lucas to start. Yet , they didn't unseat Fiedler which leads me to believe it would take more than camp for Feely to beat Fiedler and I doubt he could just waltz in a lead the fins to victory, after victory. Wolf may have been a good judge of talent but is not infallible.

Justasportsfan said:
Sounds like the same thing said during Lucas' time and then Griese last year. You better hope that Spielman has a better eye for talent than Wanny.

Wow, I agree with a Bills fan. That's a first! :roflmao:

Justasportsfan said:
. Yet , they didn't unseat Fiedler which leads me to believe it would take more than camp for Feely to beat Fiedler and I doubt he could just waltz in a lead the fins to victory
that maybe so, but i dont' think feely rly has to beat out fiedler, considering what miami spent to get him i believe he pretty much has the starting job, as long as he can prove that in fact he's not a bust

As others have said before and i agree "THIS IS FEELY'S JOB TO LOSE"

Justasportsfan said:
Sounds like the same thing said during Lucas' time and then Griese last year. You better hope that Spielman has a better eye for talent than Wanny.
I put this on the other post the FOX one sportsfan I am much happier about my Qb situation then I would be if I were a Bills fan. Whos gonna come in for you guys if Bledsoe goes down? LOSEMAN?? TRAVIS BROWN?????? GREG ZOLMAN???? WHO???????? I feel much better about our QB position.

Justasportsfan said:
I'm not saying Feely will bust but Lucas and Griese (probowl) has had more experience than Feely. These guy were also ahead at this point in time compared to Feely at camp.Some epople here were screaming for Lucas to start. Yet , they didn't unseat Fiedler which leads me to believe it would take more than camp for Feely to beat Fiedler and I doubt he could just waltz in a lead the fins to victory, after victory. Wolf may have been a good judge of talent but is not infallible.

No offence but the last sentence sounds a little like wishful thinking to me. It would no take much more than camp for AJ to start if it is his job to win. That is if teh organ wants him to win it, as Wanny obviously did with Jay in 2000. Huard played all preseason and yet Jay still won the job after a single game where he threw 3 ints. Basically he was handed the job. AJ will start if he shows he has a grasp on teh offense and is comfortable. JMO

Remember Fletcher?Guess who scouted him and recommended him to Dave.Yes it was Rick who was so proud of his pick that he still has his picture on his office wall.

Dave is a poor judge of talent but many of the picks made were recommended by his Chief Scout Rick.We all know the exception of course when Dave overrode Rick and selected the undersized LB over the WRs who everyone had next on their list.

yea, but it seems rick has covered himself a bit by trying to go and get all this new offensive talent. imo if wanny still had control, we'd still have fiedler w/out any competition. remember it's jmo

Yeah everyone is wrong at times. Can anyone deny that? To use that (the fact everyone is fallable) as an argument before the fact against Feeley is negligible and stupid. Wolf has been right waaaaaayyyyyy more often than he has been wrong, it is too early to say with Rick. I like his approach, I like the things he has said, it hopefully will transpire on the field.

yea, it's funny weren't some ppl screaming rick was an idiot when he went after boston, "boston isn't a team player" "weight issuses" "never get back to is arizona performance". look what's happened how boston has been doing great, he's down to 213 pounds from the 230 he walked into camp and it seems like he's getting prepared for a stellar year. who knows maybe rick is the gm we've needed since jj had the reins, only time will tell

FinSinceBirth said:
yea, it's funny weren't some ppl screaming rick was an idiot when he went after boston, "boston isn't a team player" "weight issuses" "never get back to is arizona performance". look what's happened how boston has been doing great, he's down to 213 pounds from the 230 he walked into camp and it seems like he's getting prepared for a stellar year. who knows maybe rick is the gm we've needed since jj had the reins, only time will tell

213????? not a chance bro. Try he's down to 230 from 240+.........

Maybe it's all part of A.J.'s plan. Appear to suck, then come out firing. Please let it be so....:pray:. If not then we'll hafta settle for Jay (whom I don't really mind), better him then another Lucas. :shakeno:

Uh what are you talking about? AJ looked uncomfortable and was tentative based on reports I have read. He made some mistakes because he didnt know where he was supposed to go and what each receiver was doing, it is called learning a new offense and a whole new terminology. Ever heard a qb w/ a new team say when asked how he is adjusting, say that it was going really well cause the terminology was similar? For Aj it is night and day to what he was used to, you dont think there should be an adjustment period?

jesusfreak26 said:
I put this on the other post the FOX one sportsfan I am much happier about my Qb situation then I would be if I were a Bills fan. Whos gonna come in for you guys if Bledsoe goes down? LOSEMAN?? TRAVIS BROWN?????? GREG ZOLMAN???? WHO???????? I feel much better about our QB position.
Mcgahee.

Opinions differ. No way I'd take any of the fins qb over Drew if they were all on the same team.

BTW, Sammy Morris was our emergency qb. I think think he should be in the mix for the top qb spot. He's as qualified as Fiedler :D

Back
Top Bottom