Is Tannenbaum motivated? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tannenbaum motivated?

I just struggle with drafting a player a t#11 that will, in theory, not play as a starter on our team...

I do see the need for a back up QB...a potential star under center...a "what if" Tannehill can't overcome the injury or gets injured again...but it's unlikely the rookie QB is better than Tannehill from the start so....we draft a back up (in theory) at #11....not a fan of this

If our team needed that ONE piece to get over the hump (maybe like the Jags)...then let it roll....but what we need right now is a competent back up QB with starter potential....if he is better than projected...AAAAALLLLRIGHT MIAMI.....

Draft a defensive starter/play maker at 11...draft your potential QB in round 3 or even 4.....one step at a time...IMO

I think Tannenbaum and Gase are working hard to cut salary and field a competitive unit this season, even with the mess that Tbaum help create, he now seems to be rectifying that problem. The guy isn't doing a bad job right now given the limited resources the team has.

I think the Giants are looking really good right now. Imagine their haul if they trade away the #2 pick. I suspect both the jest and bills will pick a QB. So will the Browns. That just means a better player will drop to us. I hope we pick that player and don't drop back to the 20's. I don't care what else we would receive in the draft. Just keep the picks we have now and get the best player.

If Tannenbaum wants a QB, he may play the game and move up. I would be thinking that it's too costly to move up when Ryan is here.
The only fear I have of TannenGrier is moving back.
If we keep 11, dammit draft a body at 11.

Moving back would get us an extra pick to take a TE AND a 2nd Tier QB in round 2 so it wouldn't necessarily be a bad move. We are one early pick away from where we need to be. Now if an elite talent was clearly there when we pick, and none would be a few spots later I would probably stay put.

If Tannenbaum wants a QB, he may play the game and move up. I would be thinking that it's too costly to move up when Ryan is here.
The only fear I have of TannenGrier is moving back.
If we keep 11, dammit draft a body at 11.

TBaum wanting a QB has no relevance. Does GASE want a QB?

I'm not sure the 11th position is seen as a good spot for a trade back. I could be wrong but I think if teams like one of the quarterbacks which usually would be the motivation for an expensive move into the top 10, they will have to move up before our pic to get their guy.

If all the QBs go in the Top 10, the numbers practically guarantee that a top player will fall to us at 11 that we did not expect AND will be thrilled to get.

Stand pat, NO TRADES and get a future starter quality player right where we are.

If Miami trades up to draft a questionable QB, they won’t have picks in the next few rounds to address TE or a LB of any quality. And quite possibly lose picks early in 2019. This would absolutely kill Miami moving forward to address needs within the draft. Depending on F/A is even worse, because you’d over pay for questionable, if not back up types at positions of need. Big mistake IMHO. Let the draft board fall to you and go from there.

I find it hard to believe 4 qbs go top 10. Hope so so someone drops but i doubt it.

After listening to Tannenbaum on The Audible, I don’t think we will move up. He didn’t specifically address what we will do, but i didn’t sense anything that concerned me. He generally tries to be honest and straight forward in his interviews; however, I think he was blowing smoke on some players we have like that TE we signed last year. If we don’t draft a TE I will be very, very surprised. I’m sure, I mean I am pretty sure, or is that I am kind of sure he has a plan. ;-) ****! I don’t know. I am so confused!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom