Is Tannenbaum motivated? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tannenbaum motivated?

I just struggle with drafting a player a t#11 that will, in theory, not play as a starter on our team...

I do see the need for a back up QB...a potential star under center...a "what if" Tannehill can't overcome the injury or gets injured again...but it's unlikely the rookie QB is better than Tannehill from the start so....we draft a back up (in theory) at #11....not a fan of this

If our team needed that ONE piece to get over the hump (maybe like the Jags)...then let it roll....but what we need right now is a competent back up QB with starter potential....if he is better than projected...AAAAALLLLRIGHT MIAMI.....

Draft a defensive starter/play maker at 11...draft your potential QB in round 3 or even 4.....one step at a time...IMO

I usually lean that way myself, but our FO obviously has no problem doing just that. Last year we took Harris, a developmental guy at DE as our first pick. You do this for a premium position and DE is one of those, QB is hands down the MOST premium position.

IF they feel that one of these QBs is their guy, you make the pick and let him develop year 1.

There is no denying that his approach seems very different than before.

Is that because he realized that it never really worked, or is this Gase's approach now?

I like all their moves so far. The thing is, it annoys me that Greer is not really the GM.

And it REALLY annoys me that t-bomb is basically not held accountable in any way for the cap mess or the Suh mistake.

Moving back would get us an extra pick to take a TE AND a 2nd Tier QB in round 2 so it wouldn't necessarily be a bad move. We are one early pick away from where we need to be. Now if an elite talent was clearly there when we pick, and none would be a few spots later I would probably stay put.
Jay, that's what I'm betting on, that an elite would be there. Smith, James, Edmunds, etc. and hopefully Nelson if Mayfield is gone. I'd rather have one of these guys for 10 years than some lesser talent x's 2.
#11 will be a starter and a producer from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom