Is there a Consensus Top 5 in the 2017 Draft Yet? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there a Consensus Top 5 in the 2017 Draft Yet?

No clue, top 5 without Fournette though?

PS whats that painting all about?

Depends on how they prioritize positions. May not feel RB is as important as MLB, and I can see that point of view.

Sig is just a painting by Ralph Steadman. It's kinda how I feel when I open some threads. :lol:

Depends on how they prioritize positions. May not feel RB is as important as MLB, and I can see that point of view.

Sig is just a painting by Ralph Steadman. It's kinda how I feel when I open some threads. :lol:

It reminded me the election. I like it though.

Disagree about leaving rbs out of the top 5 based on position though. Thats insanity to me. I don't even look at the position. IMO fournette is the best offensive player in the draft. That makes him worthy of top 5.

It reminded me the election. I like it though.

Disagree about leaving rbs out of the top 5 based on position though. Thats insanity to me. I don't even look at the position. IMO fournette is the best offensive player in the draft. That makes him worthy of top 5.

Didn't say I agree, just that it may be their reasoning. I think it answers the question in the subject of the thread though. No, there isn't a consensus :lol:

And you probably do look at the positions to an extent. I'm guessing no kickers or punters are in your top five. I doubt a strictly OG or C ever makes it (except for the Phins).

Amazing play. Allen was on my radar for Miami at 8 before he decided to return. He's not an ideal fit for Miami, but I think you can play him at DE on base downs, then shift him inside for passing situations. Myles Garrett would be the obvious perfect fit at DE, but Miami may also want to look at an athletic LB that would put his hand on the ground for passing situations. Ryan Anderson would be a fit there. This looks like Alabama's best front 7 of the Saban era, particularly with regard to translatable NFL talent. Anderson is probably more of a 2nd RD player - unless he tests as a top-tier athlete. Allen, though, is all but locked in as a top-10 pick.

Amazing play. Allen was on my radar for Miami at 8 before he decided to return. He's not an ideal fit for Miami, but I think you can play him at DE on base downs, then shift him inside for passing situations. Myles Garrett would be the obvious perfect fit at DE, but Miami may also want to look at an athletic LB that would put his hand on the ground for passing situations. Ryan Anderson would be a fit there. This looks like Alabama's best front 7 of the Saban era, particularly with regard to translatable NFL talent. Anderson is probably more of a 2nd RD player - unless he tests as a top-tier athlete. Allen, though, is all but locked in as a top-10 pick.
Easily the best front 7 we've had. Anderson actually has been just as productive as Allen and Foster, if we could get Allen or Foster 1st round and Anderson 2nd. That'd be a pretty nice haul

What if we switch to a 3-4?

I still think that's the long term plan. We didn't bring in anyone on defense long term that cant fit into a 3-4 and if it's true that's what Joseph prefers I believe the switch is coming next off season.

But I honestly think after the last 2 weeks this roster is getting better and we won't be in range for him.

But yeah that play by Allen is some real grown man ****, dominating 3 players in the timespan of a few seconds, like they were children.

J-Off and xXwar --- great point on going to a 3-4. Lot easier to find pass rushers for that defense IMO.

Look at all the smaller, quicker guys that are essentially 3-4 outside linebackers. Seems like there are a handful of those every year.

Not many of those bigger guys with that explosion to fit a 4-3. Allen to me, though, would fit a 4-3 no? Also Malik McDowell from Michigan State and a few others.

Did you watch LSU vs ole miss yesterday?

Hard to imagine anyone saying that after watching what he can do for a team. I think at one point he was up to 175 yards or so with only like 8 carries. His blend of speed and power, is game changing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOIe205Wp4&sns=em

Whoever gets him will have an instant impact player. I think he could have the biggest initial impact of any player in the draft similar to what Zeke has done in Dallas.

Let's put it this way even with the way Jay Ajayi is playing Miami would have to strongly consider Fournette if he was there when they are on the clock.

Back
Top Bottom