Is Tom Brady overhyped? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady overhyped?

Is tom brady overhyped?

• Total voters

PhinPhan910

Active Roster
Reaction score
Is Tom Brady overrated?

I must start by saying I think Tom Brady is a bit overrated.
He has only an average of 3,778 yards passing a year and 28 td's per year over his 7 years of starting.
Sure he has been to 10,000 super bowls but thats more because his team carried him not him being spectacular.
His one spectacular season came in 07 because his team asked him to throw the deep ball 10 times a game, most ended in completions because he had a top 5 receiver on the other side of the ball.
Another great guy, peyton manning over 11 years has an average of 4,148 yards passing and 30 tds.
Yet people are still calling tom brady one of the best to ever play.
U decide!

Ummm.....is that it?

Have you ever watched the guy play?

The Brady smooze fest exists for a good reason. The hype gets a little ridiculous at times, the same way it does with any star in the spotlight.

He does get that attention though, because he's either the best, or shares that spot with Manning.

I must start by saying I think Tom Brady is a bit overrated.
He has only an average of 3,778 yards passing a year and 28 td's per year over his 7 years of starting.
Sure he has been to 10,000 super bowls but thats more because his team carried him not him being spectacular.
His one spectacular season came in 07 because his team asked him to throw the deep ball 10 times a game, most ended in completions because he had a top 5 receiver on the other side of the ball.
Another great guy, peyton manning over 11 years has an average of 4,148 yards passing and 30 tds.
Yet people are still calling tom brady one of the best to ever play.
U decide!

That is a good point, my friend. Also have to agree with what Iriquois Joe said, although, I'm not really sure you get as much "hype" with other stars, but maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention.

I think Brady and P.Manning are pretty much equal, but it seems to me like there is a lot more talk about Brady.

he's definitely overhyped, but he's not overrated. still hate him.

Tom Brady is a great QB period..... He had a bunch of nobodies to work with most of his career that go to other teams to show how average they were. The one year he actually gets some talent with Randy Moss he throws for 50 TDs, the system is great and he plays great in it.

No.

He is one of the greatest to play the game.

I don't think he is overrated at all. He's def. a HOF. However, I think he's overhyped for the 2009 Season coming off an injury. If Brady goes down, who steps up? It won't matter though in their system. The QB who replaces Brady will be just as good as Cassel, but the sched. will be harder. Cassel benefited from an easy sched. This is why I don't see New England being crowned as the AFC East Champion so early in July. With their defense suspect, it could be a long year for New England if their offense struggles. The AFC EAST title will all come down to the QB position from all 4 teams.

I always compare Brady and Manning to Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez. Brady and Jeter are underrated b/c so many people think they are overrated b/c they don't put up #s like the 2 chokers Manning and ARod. Despite the differences in #s I would take Brady if building a football team and Jeter a baseball team over those other 2 overrated fantasy stars.

I don't question Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but people are putting him in the same sentence as the joe montana's and dan marino's just because he had one great year and a few sbs.
Thats like saying if ronnie brown in 2007 didn't get injured and now was the leader for all-purpose yards in a season, I dont think people should now think he belongs in the same sentence as the barry sanders' and the emmitt smith's.

I don't question Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but people are putting him in the same sentence as the joe montana's and dan marino's just because he had one great year and a few sbs.
Thats like saying if ronnie brown in 2007 didn't get injured and now was the leader for all-purpose yards in a season, I dont think people should now think he belongs in the same sentence as the barry sanders' and the emmitt smith's.

Don't take our words for it. Go with the opinions coaches, former players, media, etc.

Tom Brady isn't over hyped, he doesn't get anywhere near the hype that Brett Favre gets. But he should. His performance in recent years and his success merits that hype. He's a bonafied star, married to one of the most beautiful women in the world, and the best at what he does. Yet we hear more about a hasbeen who hasn't done anything significant in about 9 years. Or his loser counter part in Indianapolis who does enough commercials to stay ahead of Tom Brady in recognition, even though he's not half as good a QB.

Back
Top Bottom