Is Tom Brady overhyped? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady overhyped?

Is tom brady overhyped?

• Total voters
Tom Brady isn't over hyped, he doesn't get anywhere near the hype that Brett Favre gets. But he should. His performance in recent years and his success merits that hype. He's a bonafied star, married to one of the most beautiful women in the world, and the best at what he does. Yet we hear more about a hasbeen who hasn't done anything significant in about 9 years. Or his loser counter part in Indianapolis who does enough commercials to stay ahead of Tom Brady in recognition, even though he's not half as good a QB.

I agree on all except his wife who I think is very overrated, she's a bit of a butterface. He has done much better in the past.

So now your going to challenge Peyton Manning as a QB?
I think peyton manning is BETTER than tom brady.
As i said, tom brady's team carried him more than brady carried the team.
Tom brady IS overrated.
If you said kerry collins was half as good then i might agree with you.

Tom brady IS overrated.

Tom Brady is not overrated. He is one hell of a QB. One of the best.

Brady has that poise factor that you have to have in an elite QB and my god his accuracy is unbelievable to say the least. To call the guy overrated because he plays for the enemy and because you just don't like him is unfounded. I can't stand the guy either but that doesn't mean I will not tell it like it is.

Ask yourself would your opinion still be the same if he were a Dolphin and had led us to SB wins?

Tom brady IS overrated.

No offense but you are wrong. Manning isn't even close to Brady. I break it down like this, if I want to win a fantasy Championship I take Manning, if I want to win a SB title I take Brady.

Tom brady IS overrated.

If the Colts had stayed in the afc east, he wouldn't be in Brady's neighborhood at all. Add in the advantage of playing in a dome for more than half the games each year and it's not close.

He got to play against basically two expansion teams for most of the past 8yrs, with the texans and either the titans or jags playing like crap. This year, we'll see what happens, with the texans possibly improved enough to challenge for the division and the titans looking good.

Tom Brady is nothing but a System QB, just like most QB's coming out of college. When Matt Cassel can go 11-5 and throw back to back 400+ yard games and hasnt started a game since high school, its the system he plays in. Throwing the ball deep to Moss and throwing bubble screen after bubble screen to Welker doesnt make you a great QB.

Brady is a product of the system, Manning is the system!

Tom Brady is nothing but a System QB, just like most QB's coming out of college. When Matt Cassel can go 11-5 and throw back to back 400+ yard games and hasnt started a game since high school, its the system he plays in. Throwing the ball deep to Moss and throwing bubble screen after bubble screen to Welker doesnt make you a great QB.

In 2008 w/o Tom Brady the Patriots lost 5 more games than the year before- that is a HUGE # especially considering the much weaker sched they faced.

In 2008 they did not make the postseason, under Brady they missed postseason once in 7 years.

In 2008 they did not win the division, under Brady they won the div 6 of his 7 years.

The Pats were a sinking ship when Brady rescued them back in 2001.

1996: 11-5
1997: 10-6
1998: 9-7
1999: 8-8
2000: 5-11
2001: began 0-2 w/o Brady

Noticing a trend here?

Bill Belichick's record without Brady(7 seasons, 113 games):

51-62
ONE playoff app
ONE playoff win
5 of 7 losing seasons

Bill Belichick's record with Brady(111 games, 7 seasons):

87-24
6 Div titles
4 AFC Titles
3 SB Titles
14-3 playoff record
Missed playoffs ONCE in 7 seasons

Tom Brady is the biggest reason for the Pats dynasty, Put him on Indy and they have 2-3 more SB apps. Tom Brady is BY FAR the best QB of his generation and it boggles my mind how people cannot see this as it couldn't be any more clear.

Tom Brady makes a difference lol. You can pretend like he's just a product of the system because we all hate the Patriots because they're a rival but Tom Brady makes a difference.

I often wonder how Tom Brady and Peyton Manning would be viewed by those here on FinHeaven had the Patriots left the AFC East instead of the Colts....

He got to play against basically two expansion teams for most of the past 8yrs, with the texans and either the titans or jags playing like crap. This year, we'll see what happens, with the texans possibly improved enough to challenge for the division and the titans looking good.

Dont really agree with that. The AFC South has sent two or more teams to the playoffs more times than not in the last 5/6 seasons. Especially the last two seasons, the AFC South has probably been the strongest division in the AFC.

how can you not think tom brady is overhyped? that's like saying brett favre isn't overhyped. sure, they're both great hof players but damn. how much media coverage was given to a guy that was out for the season last year? answer - way too much.

In 2008 w/o Tom Brady the Patriots lost 5 more games than the year before- that is a HUGE # especially considering the much weaker sched they faced.

In 2008 they did not make the postseason, under Brady they missed postseason once in 7 years.

In 2008 they did not win the division, under Brady they won the div 6 of his 7 years.

The Pats were a sinking ship when Brady rescued them back in 2001.

1996: 11-5
1997: 10-6
1998: 9-7
1999: 8-8
2000: 5-11
2001: began 0-2 w/o Brady

Noticing a trend here?

Bill Belichick's record without Brady(7 seasons, 113 games):

51-62
ONE playoff app
ONE playoff win
5 of 7 losing seasons

Bill Belichick's record with Brady(111 games, 7 seasons):

87-24
6 Div titles
4 AFC Titles
3 SB Titles
14-3 playoff record
Missed playoffs ONCE in 7 seasons

Tom Brady is the biggest reason for the Pats dynasty, Put him on Indy and they have 2-3 more SB apps. Tom Brady is BY FAR the best QB of his generation and it boggles my mind how people cannot see this as it couldn't be any more clear.

That year they also played in the WORST division in football that year.
1-15 Miami
4-12 Jets
7-9 Bills

So if Tom Brady was healthy last year, you would have went 16-0 again since he is that much better than Cassel??

Brady is coming off of injury and now his offense cordinator is gone, they have an aging defense and NO ONE capable of backing him up if he goes down. That "dynasty" is one sack away from being gone for good.

Im not saying Brady isn't a good QB, infact, he is Great in that system he plays in. Probably no one in the league would run that system better and more effective then he could.

There is no way that he is better then Manning tho. Manning basically runs that entire offense by calling his owns plays and running hurry up offense to keep the defense on there toes. Remember the play where he made cromartie look like a moron? Brady would have never been able to do that, never would have even thought about it.

Theres no denying how good Brady and the Pats have been this decade, 4 SB appearances and 3 titles says alot about your team. But i think Cassel would of had the same success if he was the starter for that long.

And its not hard to win football games when you video tape the other teams walkthroughs and know everything there going to do against you that day. If that didn't happen and they didn't cheat, would they still have won 3 Super Bowls???:baghead:

That year they also went into the season with the most difficult schedule ever, based on the records the season before.

This is Bradys offense as much as the Colts is Mannings. A change at OC won't make him miss a beat. The plays come in from the sidelines for both qb's, and each are given the ability to change the play on the fly depending on what they see coming out of the huddle.

We've seen how Brady has played with jags at wr. he won sb's with them. Last year was the first time Manning had to do it and it took him half the year to adjust, and even then didn't look like anything special.

Brady has run the offense with little or nothing at rb at the same time he had guys like Brown and Patten at wr. Last season was the first time Manning had to do the same, except he had Reggie Wayne on one side.

1-15 Miami
4-12 Jets
7-9 Bills

So if Tom Brady was healthy last year, you would have went 16-0 again since he is that much better than Cassel??

Brady is coming off of injury and now his offense cordinator is gone, they have an aging defense and NO ONE capable of backing him up if he goes down. That "dynasty" is one sack away from being gone for good.

Im not saying Brady isn't a good QB, infact, he is Great in that system he plays in. Probably no one in the league would run that system better and more effective then he could.

There is no way that he is better then Manning tho. Manning basically runs that entire offense by calling his owns plays and running hurry up offense to keep the defense on there toes. Remember the play where he made cromartie look like a moron? Brady would have never been able to do that, never would have even thought about it.

Theres no denying how good Brady and the Pats have been this decade, 4 SB appearances and 3 titles says alot about your team. But i think Cassel would of had the same success if he was the starter for that long.

And its not hard to win football games when you video tape the other teams walkthroughs and know everything there going to do against you that day. If that didn't happen and they didn't cheat, would they still have won 3 Super Bowls???:baghead:

1-15 Miami
4-12 Jets
7-9 Bills

Our division stunk but their non-div sched was brutal. They played 10 non div games and 7 of them were against playoff teams. For comparison sakes that is 7 more playoff teams they played than the 1972 Miami Dolphins.

I'm not a Pats fan so I wouldn't have went anything but NE would have been a 13-3, 14-2 type of team last year w/ Brady.

Just look at the #s of BB w/ and w/o Brady.

no way brady is one of the best qbs in the league and in the history of the league as much as i dont like saying that i think he is a top 10 qb of all time easy

Brady is one of the greatest QB's in NFL history what the real question is here is if Bill Belichick is over rated and the answer is YES. And nyjunc answered that question with his statics.

Back
Top Bottom