Is Tony getting any consideration for COY? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tony getting any consideration for COY?

Rick Cartman

It is what it is
Reaction score
This is hypothetical, but if we make the playoffs wouldn't Tony need to be a front runner for COY? Loses his starting QB,NT,CB,RB,OLB, and patrick cobbs for the season. Throw in if we win the division again with the league's toughest schedule and Media Slurpfest Tom Bunchen back. He would have to win don't you think?

Jim Caldwell will probably win it, but I'm rooting for Tony.

Not sure how Caldwell can't win it, but Tony should at least be in the conversation.

Whooptie damn doo that Caldwell is undefeated with Dungy's players.

Sparano "rallied the troops" from a dysmal and embarrassing 1-15 season prior to him being hired as HC. He implements his own philosophy into a team experiencing rebuilding mode in which he stresses patience and within the third year of the rebuild we'll be competitive.

The learning curve was accelerated IN YEAR ONE by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East division. Now in year 2 having experiencing the most unfortunate of circumstances being bitten by the injury bug we're still competing with the NFL's toughest schedule ( a lose-lose situation I'm sure the media proclaimed). With all that said we're only 1 game out of first with 3 games to go in the regular season.

Since Tony Shades got hosed in winning the award last year when he rightfully should have it isn't even discussion worthy HE BETTER WIN IT THIS YEAR!!!

Whooptie damn doo that Caldwell is undefeated with Dungy's players.

Sparano "rallied the troops" from a dysmal and embarrassing 1-15 season prior to him being hired as HC. He implements his own philosophy into a team experiencing rebuilding mode in which he stresses patience and within the third year of the rebuild we'll be competitive.

The learning curve was accelerated IN YEAR ONE by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East division. Now in year 2 having experiencing the most unfortunate of circumstances being bitten by the injury bug we're still competing with the NFL's toughest schedule ( a lose-lose situation I'm sure the media proclaimed). With all that said we're only 1 game out of first with 3 games to go in the regular season.

Since Tony Shades got hosed in winning the award last year when he rightfully should have it isn't even discussion worthy HE BETTER WIN IT THIS YEAR!!!
This. The Colts go 12-0, 13-0 every year it seems. There's nothing impressive about the Colts doing it yet again. If Sparano wins out and makes the playoffs, I really see no way he can't win it after being snubbed last year.

Would say Payton is more deserving than Caldwell considering that Saints team was 8-8 last year.

Lewis of the Bengels also deserves a mention, but I dont think Sparano will get a consideration.

This. The Colts go 12-0, 13-0 every year it seems. There's nothing impressive about the Colts doing it yet again. If Sparano wins out and makes the playoffs, I really see no way he can't win it after being snubbed last year.

The fact that they do it every year is even MORE impressive. Are you kidding me? Manning is just amazing and he deserves every good thing that comes his way. His is a true professional in every way.

Now as far as COY...ya I think Sparano > Caldwell

too many other candidates this year... Caldwell, Payton, Lewis, Childress... it would be tough for Tony though if we made the playoffs winning out our final 5 games im sure he'd get some consideration

too many other candidates this year... Caldwell, Payton, Lewis, Childress... it would be tough for Tony though if we made the playoffs winning out our final 5 games im sure he'd get some consideration

Those are the top 4 candidates and IMO in voters minds, those are the only 4 that are REALLY gonna get consideration.

U can also say that McDaniels and Norv Turner are probably going to get more votes.

In my opinion, Lewis probably has done the best job. That Bengals team was horrid last year, and he has done wonders with the defense.

Who cares, awards don't compare to winning games, I don't care who gets the stupid trophy, the only thing I wanna hang on my wall is Miami Dolphins Superbowl champs t-shirts, free with the purchase of a Sports Illustrated recap DVD!

Caldwell has the easiest coaching job in the league... With Manning as a QB, who needs a head coach-for the offense at least.

Wouldnt say Caldwell is as much a lock as Sean Payton or even Marvin Lewis. While Tony will get overlooked again, if he can somehow get our team 10-6 or 9-7 it will be nothing short of brilliance.

Last year, he lost partially because of the stigma that this is "Parcells team". It seems he will be underappreciated for the job he's done for quite awhile, yet i seriously doubt that bothers him in the least. He seems more concerned with winning football games then gaining credit, which i completely approve of.

Peyton Manning should win CotY. We all know 13-0 has been so much more about him and his leadership than Caldwell's.

Tony will be considered but he wont win. A great case can be made for the guy in Tennessee actually. What a turnaround. Fins have regressed a bit.

Back
Top Bottom