Is Tony getting any consideration for COY? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tony getting any consideration for COY?

Tony lost his starting backfield, one was an nfl mvp runner up, the other orchestrated the wildcat to an efficiency no one else in the league even came close to.

What Pennington did last year has little to do with COY for 2009. Fact is Penny was 0-3 as the starter in 2009 and Henne had over a year to sit on the bench and get ready.

Ronnie is great at running the Wildcat....no doubt about that.....but as great as he was his yards/per carry is 4.4 in 2009. Ricky had the higher average when Ronnie got hurt and is sitting at 4.9 right now according to NFL.com stats. Pretty hard to argue we lost much on our rushing attack.

Hindsight is 20/20 and of course henne looks good, but pennington was tony's starting qb.

We drafted Henne to replace Pennington.....and Henne has played at a comparable level to where Pennington was playing.

Ferguson was our starting nose and a highly respected player in the locker room. Roth was coming off a breakout year. Will Allen was a starter and also respected throughout the league going into the season.

Ferg was splitting time with Solai through much of the year. I have seen no drop-of in our rushing defense. In fact, I think Solai has played just as well as Ferg was earlier in the year. Roth is so good he was released. I think losing Will Allen is right up there with Ronnie as the two big injuries for 2009.

tony lost a little over 1/5 of his starting lineup from an 11-5 division winning team and is playing the toughest schedule in the nfl.

We won the division last year by playing a relatively easy schedule, with very few injuries, and some key injuries to other teams in the AFC East didn't hurt.

Once again, we have not won those tough games on our schedule this year. That is why we are sitting one game over .500.

If he repeats as division champion how can he not get consideration? Do you think Payton and Caldwell could do the same if they lost their best players on offense?

I think the Colts have certainly had some injuries to deal with. Losing Bob Sanders, Marlin Jackson and Anthony Gonzalez off the top of my head. I know the Saints lost Jamal Brown and some others.

It's a shame he didn't beat two teams no one else has found a way to beat either.

The shame is not in losing to the Colts and Saints. It is how we lost. COY candidates do not blow 24-3 leads and dominate teams with 45 minutes of possession only to lose the games.

We drafted Henne to replace Pennington.....and Henne has played at a comparable level to where Pennington was playing.

We drafted Henne months before Pennington was even released from the Jets.

As well, Ronnie Brown had much more to do with our offense then the numbers indicate. Watch a game, and see Ricky absolutely drained by the 3rd quarter.

Not going to disagree with the Roth stuff, he did not play worth a damn after he was reinstated from a "injury" or "illness" he lied about. Ill disagree with Ferg not being that big of deal, and while Solai did well against the Jags iffy line, his biggest test comes this week against the Titans offensive line. Will Allens injury was a big deal, but Vontae has more then stepped up, he might miss a play from time to time but he has show great potential and play making ability.

Bob Sanders is always out(he's never played a full season), which could very well lead to his release. Marlin Jackson might have been an upset, but Gonzalez was not as disruptive as we've had, even losing Gonzalez doesnt account for the 2 former first round running backs/1 other former first round receiver(one of the best wideouts in the league)/and former first round tight end they have still on the roster....i think Manning has been fine(and those are only the former 1st round picks).

We played the Colts and Saints to the wire, we held the knife against their throat. The fact that we were 1-15 not 2 years ago and accomplished that is testimate to the time and effort that Sparano puts into this team.

When we played the Bills during week 4 we were 0-3, they were 1-2.
When we played the Jets during week 5 we were 1-3, they were 3-1. .
When we played the Jets during week 8, we were 2-4, they were 4-2.
When we played the Bucs during week 10, we were 3-5, they were 1-7.
When we played the Panthers during week 11, we were 4-5, they were 4-5.
When we played the Patriots during week 13, we were 5-6, they were 7-4.
When we played the Jags during week 14, we were 6-6, they were 7-5.

Outside of the Colts and Saints-the only two UNDEFEATED teams in the league(and we did hold them closer the anyone save for the patriots/colts game), it seems your logic is flawed that we havent won the tough games(yes, the Chargers and Falcons did win their games, dont act like we got games handed to us the rest of the season). And outside of Buffalo/Jags, all those teams had winning records the season before. As well, only the bucs has a worse record then we did the week we played them.

Just this decade?

Yeah, no ****.

Peyton is one of the best of ALL TIME.

If he wins the super bowl this year, he, at least in my book, is the BEST to ever play the game.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

alot of good points made in this thread,

to accurately derive the coy from this thread you've atleast condense those points to one reply

team: coach's impact

cinci- a deprived team last year; with a porous defense- lost their #1 receiver, had an 11-4-1 record last year 9-4 as of now.

denver- rookie coach to a new team, departure of their franchise qb, revamped defense, addition of several high level draft picks, qualming of disgruntled elite wr (whose gone on to a record setting year.) 8-8 last year 8-5 as of now

indy- lost 2 players who were expected to be key contributors, new/rookie coach- other key leadership changes. 12-4 record last year 13-0 as of now

miami- lost several key players 3 of which were key contributors. one of which being starting qb another being starting rb, playing in what was recorded as leagues toughest scheduale. 11-5 last year, 7-6 as of now.

New orleans- no vast changes in personel, but a much advanced progession of a coaches plan, last year 8-8 record, 13-0 as of now.

now i know these are condenced versions, but you get the drift. as of now no coy can be concieved without seeing how these teams finish.

if denver finishes with 10-6 then you could make an arguement for a vastly improved team given their loses.

cinci needs to finish atleast with an equal record as last year to be concidered as they didnt lose that much/ had that much to overcome.

Indy is a tough call- perenial winners but huge management changes- can you really fault the coach for sticking with a winning equation of having manning do what he does, if they win out you've got to give him much respect for doing what no coach has done since 1972, it is a big deal.

miami- several key losses, but cannot finish better than where he left off last year. the losses do give way to a game or two leeway- if they make it into the playoffs- if they do make it to the playoffs then you do have to give much attention to the fact that they've replaced much personal at many key positions.

new orleans- No real road blocks to overcome, but to go from 8-8 to 13-0 is an amazing feat, regardless of level of competition. if they win out its the same evalution as indy.

as of right now if everyone wins out NO takes the lead, as they made the most improvement with no other reason- other than coaching. For the detratcors you entitled to your opinion, but keep this in mind- yes miami has made huge strides, but new orleans arent perrenial winners either. so what they are doing is mainly because of coaching and front office as well...

Back
Top Bottom