Is Tua Better than Any Quarterback Prospect Since Luck? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua Better than Any Quarterback Prospect Since Luck?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins must really like the 2020 and 2021 draft prospects to make the recent trades of Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. But, more specifically, I have to think the front office absolutely loves Tua or perhaps a couple of the quarterback prospects in 2020. I'm not sold yet on Herbert and I'm not convinced (yet) that Fromm will be special either.

The question I wonder is if Tua is a better prospect than what we've seen over the last few years? To my eye, I'd say he's better than any of the prospects over the last two drafts. I know he has an advantage with the talent around him etc. but the same thing was said about Brady when he came out. Just want to put it out there to see what others think.

It definitely seems like this entire rebuild is about positioning the franchise to draft Tua.

Tua is absolutely the best qb prospect since Luck. I hear a lot of people say that they prefer Trevor Lawrence who is an elite prospect as well. But amongst scouts, there is no difference between Tua and Lawrence. This entire rebuild is about getting Tua whether he comes out this year or next.

Not even close.

Avg Arm
interesting family psychology
Short
Results against top defenses is not where it should be at considering the talent around him.

Far too many limitations and questions to be considered special.

Not even close.

Avg Arm
Short
Results against top defenses is not where it should be at considering the talent around him.

Far too many limitations and questions to be considered special.
Do you think Herbert is an elite caliber quarterback? Could he be Miami's target? Obviously, Miami must really like this quarterback class. Maybe one of two of them anyway.

I've always leaned towards the prototypical QB in terms of size. But the league has changed to a degree, where it's become applicable for shorter more mobile QB's to have success. You can thank all the rule changes over the years, that favor the offense. But the change in Offensive Philosophy has also been, a huge reason Smaller QB's are dominating the league. I'm not a huge fan of either Tua, Herbert or Lawrence. But do understand all the hype surrounding these kids. I like Ridder, Love and others, more, because of the prototypical size and added mobility they offer an offense. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I've just had a vision of the future and of every lazy draft preview between January and April. SURE THIS KID HAS TO TOOLS BUT CAN HE REALLY BE A GREAT NFL QB WITH SUCH AN INTERESTING FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY.

I can't think of a better prospect since Luck, and I'd be interested to hear who someone feels otherwise. That said, if I were an evaluator, I would have to look really close at how well they think a guy like him will be able to deal with the tight windows and heavy pass rush of the NFL after coming from Alabama.

I've always leaned towards the prototypical QB in terms of size. But the league has changed to a degree, where it's become applicable for shorter more mobile QB's to have success. You can thank all the rule changes over the years, that favor the offense. But the change in Offensive Philosophy has also been, a huge reason Smaller QB's are dominating the league. I'm not a huge fan of either Tua, Herbert or Lawrence. But do understand all the hype surrounding these kids. I like Ridder, Love and others, more, because of the prototypical size and added mobility they offer an offense. Just my opinion.

Geez -- Herbert and Lawrence are certainly "prototypical" in terms of size, arm, yes????

Or are you referring to the Herman Munster prototype?

JK.

BTW Rosen fits the mold, yes?

Back
Top Bottom