Is Wannstedt finally seeing the light? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Wannstedt finally seeing the light?

this fool should have been doing whats best for the team from day one ran ricky into the ground started feidler and kept him as the starter no matter what .you watch he will not be overtaken by aj this year

Noodle Arm said:
I was watching Sports Xtra and they were showing Wanny talking to the press after camp today. A reporter asked if he's considering changing the offensive gameplan since Ricky bailed. What he said surprised me....he basically said he'll do whats necessary to win, if that means more passing so be it. They're going to take it game to game, if they have a better chance of winning the game by passing then they'll do it. (I'm paraphrasing here..trying to decode "Wanny Speak" isn't an easy task :tongue: )

People have been bashing Dave lately for being too stubborn to change the offense, but after what he said today...maybe there's hope after all. :)

musk said:
holy cow. this is one of the most amazing posts i've ever read on this site. finally someone to step out of the "i hate wandstat" pile of crap that is on this site. good post man. damn good post.
Hey, the Dolphins have been a pretty good team the past 4 years. I'm not sure how much blame he deserves for lack of playoff success. He does deserve some, though.

RichieW13 said:
How has he won 41 games the past 4 seasons if he isn't a good coach?

Jimmy Johnson won 36 in his 4 seasons with Miami.

Shula won 39 in his final 4 seasons.

Looks like Wannstedt has taken the team that was given to him and improved it's regular season success just slightly. Oh, and he did it without the HOF QB that Shula and Johnson had.

Great points, but you're wasting your time with some of these guys, they just don't get it. They talk about how bad Jay is, but Wanny has, as you said, won 41 games with him..that's coaching...we just need a couple of people to see.

16wins4fins said:
this fool should have been doing whats best for the team from day one ran ricky into the ground started feidler and kept him as the starter no matter what .you watch he will not be overtaken by aj this year
Wannstedt DID run Ricky into the ground.

MDFINFAN said:
Great points, but you're wasting your time with some of these guys, they just don't get it. They talk about how bad Jay is, but Wanny has, as you said, won 41 games with him..that's coaching...we just need a couple of people to see.
I think it would be cool if there was a special section on this message board, where you could only get into it if you pass a test that shows that you have some basic knowledge of football in general, and the Dolphins in particular.

Back
Top Bottom