Issac Asiatta on Sirius NFL radio today..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Issac Asiatta on Sirius NFL radio today.....

i have been reading about Asiatta today & one of the major reasons he fell was because he will be turning 25 years old through the season otherwise he could of been a 2nd round pick.

Tannehill was 24 before his rookie season started, so it's not really a big deal to be 25. That's still 5 seasons before he turns 30

His age is fine...just more mature...you can tell listening to him..he's ready for business!

He went on 2 year mission...which shows character.

I'm expecting him to start. He is our most talented guard the moment he steps into camp. In fact, if he can't beat out Bushrod and Larsen ... something is wrong with him. As long as he checks out physically, the only question should be which guard spot do the want to play him in? I'm guessing left because he would be sandwiched between Tunsil and Pouncey, two good pass protectors, and it allows him to pull to the right to blast open holes. But physically he looks more like a right guard ... I just don't know about putting him and James on the same side handling stunts and twists.

I'm very glad we got him. And I'm wondering Bluefin, is your apprehension over this draft class changing somewhat?

he's our gem of this draft imo

I sure hope so. I am excited about a lot of our picks, but this is the guy I really wanted for one of our OL picks. I was hoping for another OL, but I am not going to complain. We needed help at DT, too.

We need more Samoans on the team! It's just him and Koa now, right?

He agrees

hqdefault.jpg

Just like with our DTs, it looks like we can rotate our OGs....to have fresh players out there. Larsen and Asiata, then Bushrod and Urbik. As of right now we have 4 decent OGs, none of them are pro bowlers. But I do expect Asiata to be a starter, with Larsen.

Another guard in round 4 next year and we are in good shape unless we also have to draft a center

I hope he doesn't start this season, because if a 5th round guard is starting on your team then you've got some injury and depth issues on your offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom