It appears that the Cutler era has ended at last | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It appears that the Cutler era has ended at last

I admit I drank the Cutler kool-aid when the season began. It wasn't sweet at all.

I figured Gase could have salvaged a career underachiever, but nope. I'll borrow a quote from former President Obama - you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Gase tried to put Homer Simpson's makeup shotgun on Jay Cutler and just ended up with a big mess.

This season should be declared a wash. I still have faith in Gase.

Its been awful hasnt it, from preseason til today, if something could go wrong? It did.

With the exception of the crazy pats game
And even that game didn't matter in the end because NE still has home for the playoffs....:(

Ozzy rules!

btw, if we had lost to the pats we'd be drafting 7 instead of 11

And even that game didn't matter in the end because NE still has home for the playoffs....:(

Ozzy rules!

btw, if we had lost to the pats we'd be drafting 7 instead of 11
What if we had lost to either the Chargers, Jets, Falcons or the Titans. Ones we almost lost. Sadly, those wins do not help the long term health of the team, but only helped to secure jobs for some people next season.

What if we had lost to either the Chargers, Jets, Falcons or the Titans. Ones we almost lost. Sadly, those wins do not help the long term health of the team, but only helped to secure jobs for some people next season.
Right but the reason I said the pats is because we thought we didn't have much of a chance to win that one. Of course losing just one more game to any team would have given us the 7 spot and probably several teams wanting to trade with us which we can really use the picks or we could have stay and draft an elite talent

Ozzy rules!!

When Gase digned Cutler I figured Cutlers job was not to loose games, bring at least a mediocre passing game to the table while handing the ball off to Jay Ajayi. Well that went up in smoke when opposing teams shut down Ajayi, forcing the fins to rely Cutler which didn't work and then the defense later collapsed after game 5. Then we trade Jay Ajayi for basically a early 5th round early pick to the Eagles that just proved Gase and Company were not really serious about winning this year. Glad its over. I certainly not as optomistic now as I was at this point last year about Gase. We shall see.

Miami has to shed some salary to cope w the bad deals they have still. I hope that shed can lead to more players in crucial positions we need help in. This isnt about winning 10 games in 2018 and floundering. It is about sustainability.

@JasonLieser: Adam Gase says "it's pretty obvious" Jay Cutler wouldn't be willing to come back to the Dolphins next season with Ryan Tannehill returning as the starter.

ee794b4eb4f623564d8fce8eb0125afd.jpg

Glad it's over, but at the time, it did give fans "some" hope. There weren't a ton of other viable options out there due to how late the injury occurred. As far as bad moves, I'd say what we gave up for the LB from NO was worse, and although I'm fine with the current RB situation, I still feel we got far too little for Ajayi considering his age and accomplishments. We need an upgrade at D Coordinator and we should be a completely different team if Tannehill is able to come back healthy. The problem which persists, however, is the fact that Gase only believes viable options come from his former stomping grounds.

Eh, this season needed all the cards lined up perfectly for success. Most of us new that from the onset. Unfortunately it was the perfect storm. Poor coaching, undisciplined players, out of date qb, coked up ol coach, injuries, offense as a whole was a mess, defense wasn't ready(as many of us said before season) etc, etc. No other available qb would have fared better. We gambled and over paid but Gase wanted his guy and he got him, I doubt he has much regret other than depending on key offensive players picking up the slack this year.

Back
Top Bottom