It is just unbelieveable what this team does | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is just unbelieveable what this team does

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
First they sign a 32 yr old, oft-injured WR. Now we find out that they are going to pay him $6 mil/yr. Amendola is not worth $6 mil/yr!

The contract for receiver Danny Amendola is in and, honestly, it begs questions.
Amendola got a two-year deal from the Dolphins for $12 million with $6 million fully guaranteed.
Amendola didn’t get a signing bonus but he got a $3 million guaranteed roster bonus, a guaranteed $2.95 million base salary and a guaranteed $50,000 workout bonus this year.
So Amendola is golden in 2018.
He’s costing the Dolphins $6 million in hard dollars and his cap number is $6 million.
Next season, Amendola is not so golden. He is scheduled to get a $5.95 million base salary and another $50,000 workout bonus.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article206153639.html

He's completely cuttable next offseason. He's insurance if Albert Wilson flops or gets hurt at slot and he'll return punts. Overpaid for 1 year? Sure, but it's an insurance policy and he's a consummate professional, unlike our last slot receiver...albeit he was far more talented and younger.

It's a good signing if for no other reason than he can maybe teach Parker how to run a route and keep his head in the game and keep our RB from having to return punts/kicks.

all guaranteed money is in the 1st year. I don't get why some of you or so concerned about the salary cap or how much a player makes, let's be more concerned with the talent or lack thereof on the field.

These multiple threads daily with people whining about how we suck at this or that get really old really fast.

I don't get the hate for what they did this offseason...I loved Landry and it was awesome having Suh take on multiple blockers...Pouncey, eh...never practiced b/c of his hip, missed a lot of time, was good when healthy...time to move on...overall I'm good with what they did. I wish all 3 of our big name players nothing but the best but not whining about losing any of them to be honest...

Miami has to do these things bc they aren’t winners. Everyone always talks about how the Pats usually sign guys for cheap and why Brady can take a lower salary. They win.

Tim Duncan did the same for years in SA. Other players came to the team to win a title and on the cheap.

Winning teams don’t need to overpay.

Winning teams don’t need to overpay.
I’m not sure I agree with this.The Patriots usually sign lower profile players in free agency. The difference between the Patriots and other teams is that they win with lower profile players, other teams don’t.

Two examples:
1) When the Patriots go after a high profile player like Gilmore last year, they have to pay market value.
2) The last time they signed Amendola no other team offered him a better contract. Now that the Dolphins offered him more than the Patriots did, he left.

i would rather have amendola at those numbers than landry at his number. don't get me wrong, i'd rather have landry but his price was way too high

Back
Top Bottom