It is just unbelieveable what this team does | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is just unbelieveable what this team does

Is it complaining when one doesn't agree with team moves? I see that word used often and that's odd for a place where fans come to share their opinions. Especially in this situation where the complaint is actually true. They overpaid, what other teams pay in free agency is a little less important since I'm a dolphin fan.

OK, not addressing you specifically, but 'some' here. I have no problem with disagreement. Some don't like RT17, some do. Some don't like most signings, some do. Personally, I wanted Landry, but no more than $12-13mm. Some advocated "just pay the man." My problem isn't differing opinions, it's opinions based on little connection with reality. 'Pick a QB every year til the team gets an ELITE QB.' I get the frustration, but a VAST majority of teams every year DON'T do that. I get the opinion. I get the frustration. I DON'T get how people can knock on Miami for not doing what every other team doesn't do. Or, how about "draft pure BPA." No NFL team has that as a philosophy nor does any NFL team use that method every year for every pick. That 'opinion' is fine, but not based on reality. In this case, 28-30 teams have to pay market value just as Miami does. That's reality. We can HOPE Miami gets to that "so good players will give them a discount,' but for now reality is 'pay what the market demands. We can knock that all we want, but 'the market' (what competing teams will pay) IS important. Not paying 'the market' (for 28-30 teams) means getting no one.

My issue with the Amendola contract is that we don't really need another slot WR.

Better use of the money:

Backup QB: example Teddy Bridgewater signed a 1yr $6M contract

DT depth: Logan or Hankins might've been a better use for the money

FS: even though Honey Badger isn't quite a FS, he only signed a 1yr $7M deal

LB: haven't thought of who but we need one more LB but I'm fine with finding one in the draft

TE: since there are no experienced TEs on the roster, maybe an Ebron

K: no kicker on roster

We didn't need Amendola and now there's hardly any money to sign anyone to one of these NEED positions.

Amendola is just somewhat expensive depth. I guess I might be able to buy into the fact that he adds more leadership and experience to the team. The Dolphins WR corps is still very young so having a seasoned veteran with Championship experience might help.

Last edited:
OK, not addressing you specifically, but 'some' here. I have no problem with disagreement. Some don't like RT17, some do. Some don't like most signings, some do. Personally, I wanted Landry, but no more than $12-13mm. Some advocated "just pay the man." My problem isn't differing opinions, it's opinions based on little connection with reality. 'Pick a QB every year til the team gets an ELITE QB.' I get the frustration, but a VAST majority of teams every year DON'T do that. I get the opinion. I get the frustration. I DON'T get how people can knock on Miami for not doing what every other team doesn't do. Or, how about "draft pure BPA." No NFL team has that as a philosophy nor does any NFL team use that method every year for every pick. That 'opinion' is fine, but not based on reality. In this case, 28-30 teams have to pay market value just as Miami does. That's reality. We can HOPE Miami gets to that "so good players will give them a discount,' but for now reality is 'pay what the market demands. We can knock that all we want, but 'the market' (what competing teams will pay) IS important. Not paying 'the market' (for 28-30 teams) means getting no one.
I just want to discuss the team on a fan page. Not complain about people complaining about people complaining, like I'm doing now lol.

You do understand what the market bears right - everyone in the NFL is making insane money because the salary cap keeps going up up up. This is cheap for a veteran WR. Only $6 million is guaranteed
Excellent point about his guaranteed money.

Not overly excited about paying him, but we got him for what he brings .... if healthy, he shows up in big moments. But more importantly, he can show our other receivers how to be successful - and he will likely instantly be able to execute Gases’s offense .... and that I believe was priority #1!

It would seem that our current stable of WRs either can’t understand or execute what Gase wants .... he is here to show them how.

He does have speed and understands the game very well.... Landry did not have either of those characteristics...

Click on thread

Same complaining/much to do about nothing content

Leave thread

This is where thread titles come in handy. You usually can tell if it's a thread you want to read before you ever open it, so this is really on you.

Let this man be mad, stop trying to Dr.Phil him, maybe venting on this site is one of the ways fans cope with their frustration. Do we tell the perpetually Valium people to stop being so optimistic about every move?

When will you people learn there must always be a balance, a message board with 100% negativity or 100% positivity is no bueno.

Who would you have signed for the 6 million? If you don’t like the move give us an example of a sure handed reciever who is a company guy, has helped his teams win in the regular and playoff season. Who is available at or near that price, who would you take and why?

Back
Top Bottom