It is just unbelieveable what this team does | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is just unbelieveable what this team does

I agree with the OP. This is 3 times what he made last year in a reduced role with the Pats. We obviously over paid because we'r rhe dolphins. It's difficult to say we didn't overpay when he just made 2 mil last year

I agree with the OP. This is 3 times what he made last year in a reduced role with the Pats. We obviously over paid because we'r rhe dolphins. It's difficult to say we didn't overpay when he just made 2 mil last year
Until we have a winning culture we are going to have to pay market value for players and this deal is not as bad as it was initially reported.
Players take a discount to play for the Pats for a chance at a ring we are far from that.

Which proves what the OP said and that is we overpaid for Amendola.

mando's talking out of his ass on this one. This is a young team with a few vets that the team needs for leadership. At least this year they haven't done any Branch or Kiko type of deals

Ozzy rules!!

I hate the at least talk because at least usually compares something to the worst scenarios. I guess we'll see. I have a feeling the need of leaders will be as successful as us needing Cutler last year. In the end we didn't need Cutler because we lacked talent. We upgrade at QB and OL tremendously but that's about it. If we make the playoffs it will be because of Tannehill and the OL not because of leaders imo. We better make the playoffs or this leader solution will look silly like Cutler last year

If he performs this year and the Dolphins want to bring him back for ‘19, he will cost $6 million against the cap again. If he bombs with the Dolphins this year and the team wants to go in another direction, Amendola can be cut before the start of the league year and cost the Dolphins zero in cap space.

Sounds good to me.

If you sign a free agent your probably overpaying a bit. If we sign them the site bitches about the cap. If we didn't sign anyone the site would bitch about not signing anyone. I'm starting to dislike the off season because I enjoy talking about football not the stupid salary cap which becomes everybody's favorite topic. Everything is cap, cap, cap, overpay, overpay, overpay.

Good luck building your good cheap team. I'm sure it will work out.

His contract is normal for what a veteran gets paid.Lets move on to other spots on the team.

Which proves what the OP said and that is we overpaid for Amendola.

OTOH, it also means every team except maybe 3-4 overpay for players, which means Miami is like almost all teams, thus, not much to complain about. Their doing what they can.

Is it complaining when one doesn't agree with team moves? I see that word used often and that's odd for a place where fans come to share their opinions. Especially in this situation where the complaint is actually true. They overpaid, what other teams pay in free agency is a little less important since I'm a dolphin fan.

This is a very good signing for the Dolphins. Amendola is going to bring a ton of good to this team. He's a very well respected veteran, he moves the chains, he is an ace in the red zone and he'll help in the kicking game. Perhaps the OP would like him to simonize his car also! Give the guy a chance to make some plays for us!!

Back
Top Bottom