It's official... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's official...

We were a team who relied on Ricky way too much IMO. I always thought we were pretty predictable and I think it bit us in the butt last year. My silver lining in all of this is that some players who may have spent time watching Ricky will now step up. I don't think we really know what we have with Newsome, and everybody is so down on Thompson, but he had a good year in Washington. Let's see what he does this year with an opportunity, then we can trash him if he chokes. One bad season doesn't make a career. (Although i'm pretty sure i'm in the minority with this opinion).

Every other team in the AFC East and every other team on Miami's schedule for that matter, is salivating in anticipation of the week that Miami comes to town (or vice versa).

Let's all be realists and face facts---

Feeley is unproven, young...and bound to make mistakes (and Fielder just plain sucks). These mistakes will be accentuated by defenses keying on the pass now that Ricky is gone. With Ricky, Boston, Chambers, Randy, Konrad, etc...he would have had a lot of targets and a very versatile offense. But now that Minor and DT have supplanted Ricky & Boston, it's going to be a different story.

Ricky was the center of our offense---Ricky was single-handedly responsible for all offensive production last year.

Chambers will get double-teamed often and early---when Chambers is taken out of the game in the early going, he disappears---he needs to be involved at the outset for him to find his groove---he's a rhythm guy...so 2-teaming him early-on is going to give him fits.

Travis Minor is NOT Ricky Williams---he might be a decent replacement...and I've always liked him, but I don't think he's the answer---and I honestly think he's the best of the platoon that we have now.

DT is not good. Plain & simple. He sucked last year, and there's no reason to think he won't suck this year.

For years, Miami's defense has carried the team...but it has never been enough to get them over the top. This year, it finally looked like they might've gotten all of the pieces together. Better O-line, QB with potential, Ricky & another star-caliber WR to keep defenses honest.

But alas, that is all gone...hope has left South Florida. The best part of this coming NFL season is seeing how low Miami will finish and how good of a position they will be in for the draft.

P.S. - I am NOT a Miami-hater. I'm a die-hard fan...I love the Fins, I just can't see the light at the end of this tunnel. Hopefully Miami proves me wrong...hopefully.

Like ,most of the people who who are lost they give in to dispare and die. Hope is not to be abandoned when times are tough. That is the sign of a sure loser.

Code:
CaptianObvious said:
ya know what. I STILL HAVE FAITH. it'll be tough, but one...in this case..two players dont make a team.
but they can make an offence...hence i think well finish right around .500

It cant be no worse than the last 30 seasons, or would you rather get to the SB and lose? I will still watch & cheer my boys on

Also if we do go say 4-12 and get somebody who knows how to draft well............................you cant get better with no high draft picks and the Phins never pick high.

Back
Top Bottom