7. Tyler Guyton - Oklahoma
8. Javon Foster - Missouri

9. Christian Jones - Texas
10. Patrick Paul - Houston

76-100

11. Walter Rouse - Oklahoma
12. Kingsley Suamataia - BYU

Last edited:
Seems like in most mocks Mims is right around Miami's pick. Fautanu is interesting as he could play LG for a year if Armstead comes back.

Guyton has so much ability, but is also more like Austin Jackson in that it may take him some time?

Some really nice options here for the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Seems like in most mocks Mims is right around Miami's pick. Fautanu is interesting as he could play RG for a year if Armstead comes back.

Guyton has so much ability, but is also more like Austin Jackson in that it may take him some time?

Some really nice options here for the Dolphins.

Yeah, very tough to rank 6-10, and I think your assessments are correct. Fautanu would be the 2nd or 3rd IOL, but the draft value - for me - ends up being about the same for OT8 - due to the difference in positional value.

He looks really promising. Curious to see how early he can start. Anything outside of Top 20 (overall) for OT is typically a developmental player, but he might be able to start earlier than anticipated. Plays with good strength and balance.
I think he could be an option at #55 if Miami goes in a different direction in round one.

Anyone of the remaining Centers, Foster, Beebe and Amegadjie and hopefully Paul are the guys I think have a chance to be available at #55 along the OLine. With Paul rumored to have already met with Grier.

In a lot of mocks, I see Mims right near Miami's pick. That would be an excellent choice if he's actually available and a great way for Miami to start the draft.

Guyton should be there. Obviously, he has impressive movement skills and everything you look for physically, but might need some time. Also, he played RT.

Paul strikes me as a 2nd rounder, but maybe he moves up?

We now get the combine coming up to reassess a bit.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone tests so badly they fall. Kind of like the IOL, there's a thick Tier 3 (6-10, maybe 6-12). None of these guys are bad. Even 13 and 14 are interesting developmental OT's. So, if a guy disappoints in the final phase, there's obviously room for movement.

Really excellent OT class. Great at the top, great 2nd tier, great 3rd. I feel like the Top 5 should be off the board at 21. If Mims or Latham are there, I don't think you can pass on that. If the Top 5 are off the board, Powers-Johnson and an OT at 55 is more appealing than it'd be in other classes.

Excellent write ups and thanks for doing these. I am not a college guy, so these really help me.

I have been doing a lot of mocks haha.

I have been struggling between Mims at 21 and say Van Pran at 55.
Or
JPJ then a guy like Paul at 55.

But reading up, it appears either scenario works.

If the top tackles are gone JPJ excellent choice. If a tackle makes it to 21 run that card up so fast lol, then go get Frazier or Van Pran at 55. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom