J-Off's 2024 OT's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
No way guys like Fautuna and Morgan go ahead of Mims.

Guyton maybe but not those guys.

Norgan is a borderline 1st rounder and Fautanu is a G.

Mims is a Bill Parcells "Not Many Like Him Walking The Earth" OT I don't care how little he has played.

Great list.
I'll always support the Ivy League guys, but Amagadjie is higher on this list than any others I've seen.
I agree about not passing on Mims or Latham, but I think Fautanu, Barton, JPJ, or others (Morgan? even Fuaga?) might contribute more next season. I don't like overly all-in on 1 (or 2) seasons, but it seems like that's what many think/want.
Would posters who love Mims take him at 21 above a really decent trade down offer (to later 1st, or to early 2nd with more compensation)? Obviously FA and combine factor in -like just about any opinion currently.

I think most of us agree that we need to address the OL and I feel this is THE best draft in years to be able to do so (TE to a lesser extent, but perhaps more on that later).

I know it takes two to tango, but I would be doing all I could to trade down and pickup an extra pick here and there, even if I lose a little bit on whoever's trade value chart we go by (does anyone still use Jimmy Johnson's?).

In any case, the OL class is SO good, especially at tackle, that we can trade down, address both a tackle/guard and a guard/center (there are a couple worthy of both positions) AND still nab a very good TE in the process. We don't NEED a Brock Bowers, just someone to be an improvement over Smythe in a few regards. Here's to hoping Julian Hill continues to project favorably.

This is the year Grier can't/mustn't screw it up. He has been miserable building an OL via the draft for the vast majority of his tenure. Time to change that narrative for the better.

Trade down a few spots and pick up a 3rd. Then go JPJ in the lower first round and Amegadjie in the 2nd?
I would sign up for that right now if they could pull it off.

You get a plug and play IOL and a green OT with big upside who you can slow play a little bit behind Armstead.

I would love to double up on the OL early.

Sounds good. Like above, not sure JPJ will last, and not sure trade down offer will be there.
It's a risk. I love JPJ, but we need more picks, IF we are smart enough to focus on our OL. This draft had deep OL talent and that is our primary need. I would use 3 picks on OL. I would even be willing to trade a pick from 2025 if needed, to position ourselves. But only if its for the OL!

Back
Top Bottom