J-Off's Board V1 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Board V1

Sweet sassafras. Samson Ebukam is incredible.

J-off, you seen him yet?

I'm not even sure what Haason Reddick's got that this kid doesn't. I mean it.

Sweet sassafras. Samson Ebukam is incredible.

J-off, you seen him yet?

I'm not even sure what Haason Reddick's got that this kid doesn't. I mean it.

Wow, yeah, he's a special athlete. I hadn't. I saw him sitting atop the Edge SPARQ ratings and meant to look him up, but this was a good reason to bump him up the order. I like that you're comparing him to Reddick, and I like that he's 11lbs heavier. The 11lb difference shows up on tape. Ebukam has a legit bull rush and caused all kinds of havoc in the Washington St. game (only one I could find - outside of highlights). Given the level of athlete and that he's a bright guy (4-time all academic team for his conference, and he speaks very well), his only question transitioning to LB is his instincts. Depending on the role and position, those can obviously be mitigated, but, yeah, that's the kind of athlete I want running around at the 2nd level, and his relentless nature is clear. I don't know how high he'll climb, but I wouldn't let him fall to far. Currently projected as a 7th on NFL Draft Scout, I'd love to see Miami use one of their 5th RD picks on him. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's off the board when 97 rolls around.

NFL Draft Scout is showing his weight at 240lbs, which would make him just 3lbs heavier than Reddick - 3Sigma showing 248lbs. Either way, he plays like he's bigger than Reddick, and he is taller - though, his arms are a little shorter.

JT Jones is rated as the 554th overall player on Draft Scout, but he doesn't look like an UDFA to me. Not the athlete Ebukam is, but he's pretty good in his own right.

1. Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
2. Jamal Adams SS LSU
3. Leonard Fournette HB LSU
4. Jabrill Peppers DB Michigan
5. Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
6. OJ Howard TE Alabama
7. TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin
8. Gareon Conley CB Wisconsin
9. Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
10. Forrest Lamp OL WKU
11. Reuben Foster ILB Alabama
12. Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
13. Dalvin Cook HB FSU
14. Tim Williams DE Alabama
15. Sidney Jones CB Washington
16. Solomon Thonas DE Stanford
17. Christian McCaffrey HB Stanford
18. David Njoku TE Miami
19. Derek Barnett DE Tennessee
20. John Ross WR Washington
21. Jarrad Davis ILB Florida
22. Malik Hooker FS Ohio State
23. Joe Mixon HB Oklahoma
24. Tre'Davious White CB LSU
25. Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin
26. Budda Baker DB Washington
27. Obi Melinfonwu DB UCONN
28. Haason Reddick OLB Temple
29. Mike Williams WR Clemson
30. Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
31. Tyus Bowser OLB Houston
32. Josh Jones SS NC State
33. Quincy Wilson DB Florida
34. Jake Butt TE Michigan
35. Carl Lawson DE Auburn
36. Cam Robinson OT Alabama
37. Chris Wormley DT Michigan
38. Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina
39. Pat Elflein OL Ohio State
40. Demarcus Walker DE FSU
41. Juju Smith-Schuster WR USC
42. Chidobe Awuzie DB Colorado
43. Curtis Samuel WR Ohio State
44. Jordan Willis DE Kansas State
45. Adoree Jackson CB USC
46. Kevin King DB Washington
47. Evan Engram TE Ole Miss
48. Derek Rivers DE Youngstown State
49. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
50. Dan Feeney OG Indiana

1. Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
2. Jamal Adams SS LSU
3. Leonard Fournette HB LSU
4. Jabrill Peppers DB Michigan
5. Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
6. OJ Howard TE Alabama
7. TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin
8. Gareon Conley CB Wisconsin
9. Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
10. Forrest Lamp OL WKU
11. Reuben Foster ILB Alabama
12. Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
13. Dalvin Cook HB FSU
14. Tim Williams DE Alabama
15. Sidney Jones CB Washington
16. Solomon Thonas DE Stanford
17. Christian McCaffrey HB Stanford
18. David Njoku TE Miami
19. Derek Barnett DE Tennessee
20. John Ross WR Washington
21. Jarrad Davis ILB Florida
22. Malik Hooker FS Ohio State
23. Joe Mixon HB Oklahoma
24. Tre'Davious White CB LSU
25. Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin
26. Budda Baker DB Washington
27. Obi Melinfonwu DB UCONN
28. Haason Reddick OLB Temple
29. Mike Williams WR Clemson
30. Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
31. Tyus Bowser OLB Houston
32. Josh Jones SS NC State
33. Quincy Wilson DB Florida
34. Jake Butt TE Michigan
35. Carl Lawson DE Auburn
36. Cam Robinson OT Alabama
37. Chris Wormley DT Michigan
38. Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina
39. Pat Elflein OL Ohio State
40. Demarcus Walker DE FSU
41. Juju Smith-Schuster WR USC
42. Chidobe Awuzie DB Colorado
43. Curtis Samuel WR Ohio State
44. Jordan Willis DE Kansas State
45. Adoree Jackson CB USC
46. Kevin King DB Washington
47. Evan Engram TE Ole Miss
48. Derek Rivers DE Youngstown State
49. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
50. Dan Feeney OG Indiana

Good to see you around, Sir!

Why so high on Willis and Shaq Griffin?

Since 2010, 4 CB's have 32"+ arms and ran a 40 in the 4.3's: P. Peterson, J. Gilbert, and D. Slay. I like Griffin's physicality, competitive nature, and ball skills. I love his character. He has the tools to be a very good starting CB.

Willis compares to D. Ware and V. Beasley as an athlete. Since 2010, Willis is the only DE/Edge to weigh 250lbs+ and run a 40 in the 4.5's and post a 3-cone in the 6.8's. Think about that. No one else over that time span has his combo of size, speed, and agility. He was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and PFF's highest graded Edge. His hands are solid, and he can turn the corner in a blink. 2 sacks and 2 FF at the Senior Bowl - South's Most Outstanding Player. He's a Blue Chip talent with A+ work ethic and maturity.

Since 2010, 4 CB's have 32"+ arms and ran a 40 in the 4.3's: P. Peterson, J. Gilbert, and D. Slay. I like Griffin's physicality, competitive nature, and ball skills. I love his character. He has the tools to be a very good starting CB.

Willis compares to D. Ware and V. Beasley as an athlete. Since 2010, Willis is the only DE/Edge to weigh 250lbs+ and run a 40 in the 4.5's and post a 3-cone in the 6.8's. Think about that. No one else over that time span has his combo of size, speed, and agility. He was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, and PFF's highest graded Edge. His hands are solid, and he can turn the corner in a blink. 2 sacks and 2 FF at the Senior Bowl - South's Most Outstanding Player. He's a Blue Chip talent with A+ work ethic and maturity.

How would you compare Garrett to Willis? I mean obviously Garrett is better but how much?

giphy.gif

I had all these good things to say about Storm Norton (LT), but then I saw that he put up 15 reps. ****. Currently rated as a 6th RD pick, he'd be worth grabbing with one of the 5th RD picks. He's very talented, and he reminds me a lot of a weaker, less physical Jack Conklin. He gets his job done consistently, and to his defense, he has 35" arms and an 85" wingspan; the arm length makes the bench more difficult; the wingspan is just impressive. Also, Cody Whitehair put up 16 reps with 32 3/8" arms, and he had a good rookie season.

Anyway, I'm highlighting him, because he's the ONLY underrated OT I've found in the 2017 Draft. If I had to guess, he'll go earlier than the 5th. He's more refined than L. Clark was - not quite as big, long or athletic - but I could see him going in the 3rd. Legit OT's are hard to find. Norton looks like one.

First of all J-Off, a hearty THANK YOU for all of the work you have done here, it has been very insightful!

I've recently come back to this site after some time away, the trolls had overrun this site a few years back, nice to se things are running more smoothly here now.

I would be very happy for the Dolphins to draft any one of these players at #22; Willis (position value, tape, athletic ability), Reddick (think his best football is ahead of him) or Peppers (versatility, just a "football player", always liked DBs that have return ability), I know you are high on Willis, but how do you think those players rank in terms of specific fit with the Dolphins?

Also, I'm a big fan of players that have "that dawg" in them, do you know if any of the guys listed above, or any other targets at #22 are know as that type of player?

Thanks again J-Off, also thanks to guys like CK, Slimm, KB and Hoops that are always very informative on draft issues, GO PHINS!!

First of all J-Off, a hearty THANK YOU for all of the work you have done here, it has been very insightful!

I've recently come back to this site after some time away, the trolls had overrun this site a few years back, nice to se things are running more smoothly here now.

I would be very happy for the Dolphins to draft any one of these players at #22; Willis (position value, tape, athletic ability), Reddick (think his best football is ahead of him) or Peppers (versatility, just a "football player", always liked DBs that have return ability), I know you are high on Willis, but how do you think those players rank in terms of specific fit with the Dolphins?

Also, I'm a big fan of players that have "that dawg" in them, do you know if any of the guys listed above, or any other targets at #22 are know as that type of player?

Thanks again J-Off, also thanks to guys like CK, Slimm, KB and Hoops that are always very informative on draft issues, GO PHINS!!

Thank you! FH has some outstanding posters - just have to ignore, or deal with, the BS. I'd add more to the list, but I'm sure I'd forget someone.

Of Willis, Reddick, and Peppers, specifically for Miami, I would rank them:

1. Willis

2. Reddick
3. Peppers

Willis, for my money, is THAT dude. I'd also be thrilled with Watt or Bowser.

I'd say that Corn Elder, TJ Watt, Nate Gerry, Jarrad Davis, and Blair Brown stand out in my mind (know I'm forgetting some good ones but will revisit) as players who have an extra nasty. I'd throw in Cunningham as someone who is underrated in this regard. When he gets to throwing around OL, it's a thing of beauty.

Thank you! FH has some outstanding posters - just have to ignore, or deal with, the BS. I'd add more to the list, but I'm sure I'd forget someone.

Of Willis, Reddick, and Peppers, specifically for Miami, I would rank them:

1. Willis

2. Reddick
3. Peppers

Willis, for my money, is THAT dude. I'd also be thrilled with Watt or Bowser.

I'd say that Corn Elder, TJ Watt, Nate Gerry, Jarrad Davis, and Blair Brown stand out in my mind (know I'm forgetting some good ones but will revisit) as players who have an extra nasty. I'd throw in Cunningham as someone who is underrated in this regard. When he gets to throwing around OL, it's a thing of beauty.

Thanks for the info buddy, a couple of follow ups:
The more I research Willis, the more I like him, he's a physical stud with big time production. Why do you think he's not going higher in most mocks? Also, if you had a choice between Willis and Barnett at #22, which would you take?

I've seen Corn Elder linked to Miami in many places; where do you think he will end up going in the draft? (not which team, but draft position)

I was not aware of Blair Brown until reading your posts (thanks for the heads up!), but when I read "he plays like he hates your family" in one of the posts, I was immediately intrigued. Most of what I've read about him peg him as a better fit as a 3-4 ILB versus the 4-3 due to his size, do you share the same belief?

Thanks again J-Off, GO PHINS!

Back
Top Bottom