jake long is not joe thomas | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jake long is not joe thomas

it's 3rd and 10, down by 11 in the second half. everyone in the stadium knew it was a going to be a pass. makes it a little easier for the rusher, don't you think?

I'm saying if he was as slow as you make him out to be and only a RT, he wouldn't be picked in the top 5 of this draft. where do you predict he will go?

So you speak to the teams? They have all told you that he is going to be picked in the top 5?

Point being if you watch the film of the guy, you see the problems he has with speed and secondary moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yot9ClPvZDg

Illustrates my point exactly.

How does that illustrate Long's problem with speed and secondary moves? It's one play where Jake took too wide a drop and Vernon came underneath.

One short clip does not a film make.

He wasn't quick enough with his feet to get himself back into position, which is what many scouts predict will be his problem as a LT against speed rushers.

How does that illustrate Long's problem with speed and secondary moves? It's one play where Jake took too wide a drop and Vernon came underneath.

One short clip does not a film make.

He was so worried about the outside speed rush he got into an outside pass pro in a hurry. Gholston went inside and Long didnt have the quick feet to adjust and the balance to stay on his feet.

Your right a short clip does not make a film but Gholston is the type of speed Long is going to see at the NFL level.

Did I say Thomas was stronger than Long? Nope sure didnt. Good for Jake Long that he was faster in shorts and a t shirt. Ill watch the actual football film and see that Joe Thomas has better feet. You can put all the stock you want into the combine though if you like.
I said Thomas is weaker than Long. then you said he isn't weak. he's still WEAKER

it's 3rd and 10, down by 11 in the second half. everyone in the stadium knew it was a going to be a pass. makes it a little easier for the rusher, don't you think?

I'm saying if he was as slow as you make him out to be and only a RT, he wouldn't be picked in the top 5 of this draft. where do you predict he will go?

Actually it was 2 and 10 and they were showing a replay of what just happened. So throws your theory out.

I have no idea where he will go. I dont talk to the teams. Do I think he is a top five pick? I dont think so. I think he should go top ten.

He was so worried about the outside speed rush he got into an outside pass pro in a hurry. Gholston went inside and Long didnt have the quick feet to adjust and the balance to stay on his feet.

Your right a short clip does not make a film but Gholston is the type of speed Long is going to see at the NFL level.

so, he guessed wrong on that one play... yep, must be a career RT

It's not just that one play that make him questionable as an elite LT but it illustrates what people say is his problem. If he had quicker feet which is important for a LT he would have made the play, not that hard to understand.

Well there is plenty more film on it showing his lack of foot balance and trouble with speed. Plus why do they have Mike Hart back there to help out if needed? Or is it just one play?

It's not just that one play that make him questionable as an elite LT but it illustrates what people say is his problem. If he had quicker feet which is important for a LT he would have made the play, not that hard to understand.

it's easy to find a play or two to illustrate your point. everybody gets beat once or twice. when you look at the entire 4 year body of work, it shows he is an elite tackle.

it's easy to find a play or two to illustrate your point. everybody gets beat once or twice. when you look at the entire 4 year body of work, it shows he is an elite tackle.

so again, why is it so many people question his ability to hold up at LT then? Every scouting report I read last year said joe thomas was a franchise LT. Seems like almost everything I have read questions the same thing over and over again about Long and his feet and balance.

Your also looking at the stats and not the film. There is a big difference between the two.

what film? you showed one play. can you post film of the other 100 plays against all the "speed rushers" he faced during his career? yeah, the plays where he dominated guys that have been and will be first day(round) picks?

Don't keep arguing with this guy... obviously rent this space knows more than every scout that questions Jake Long's athleticism and foot speed.

Back
Top Bottom