Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick...

I'd like Jake Long, but only if it was in the mid 1st round (if we got the 5th pick from the Chiefs I'd do it). However, Jake Long is probably #1 on their draft board.

Again, I think Glenn Dorsey or Chris Long are the best players in the draft. I don't see what's wrong with keeping the pick and taking one of those players.

lol....10 out of 10 times,the Cheifs will take him with the Number 1 pick...he wont be there at 5.If we got the 5 overall pick i will be shocked if its anyone other than Vernon Ghloston.

Jake Long Scouting Report

Position:OL School & Year/Status:Michigan - SeniorHeight & Weight:6'7 - 315 lbs.Ranked #4 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Jake Long of Michigan, despite a poor showing in the season finale against Ohio State, is without a doubt the top offensive lineman in this year's draft. Long is the centerpiece of an offensive line that has led Michigan to a 164.9 yard a game rushing average as a team. Besides being an absolutely mammoth tackle at 6'7" and 315 lbs., Long possesses elite speed and footwork for an offensive lineman. The Michigan O-line has allowed just 28 sacks under his leadership in 13 games this season, even though their quarterbacks are not exactly fleet of foot. According to ESPN, Long himself was only beaten for a sack once this season by Vernon Gholston of Ohio State. Jake Long is probably best known for his excellent pass blocking, but don't mistake Long for a finesse tackle. As good as people believe he is, his run blocking may still be underrated. He blocks with a real mean streak. Long does a terrific job of taking on (and running over) a D-lineman and moving into the next level to flatten a linebacker as well. Michigan is averaging 4.0 yards per carry this season and tends to find those tough yards behind Long on the left side. This 2 time All Big Ten performer is experienced on both the left and right side of the line, making a versatile option for an NFL team. Jake Long's years of experience blocking top notch Big Ten ends will serve him well in his professional career. Long should find himself a new home no later than the fifth pick of this year's draft.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1195

Left Tackles are are required to be excellent pass-blockers,so why do people say he will only play RT?As you can see and look for yourself,Jake Long can do it all from either left or right

Right Tackles are known as the Run-Blocking Tackles,which Long does a great job also.I would hate to miss out on the next great Tackle.

Jake is our guy here,he will only make us better,and if Left Tackle isn't working in his favor,then he is still a top-notch right tackle.

...and then if we could get Flacco at 57 would be the bomb! But i think Flacco will rise fast and we would have to take him at 32. Chris Nick and others are showing some stuff at OT and there are others who can be had at 57 too and I am sure if we do not go Jake Long at 1 that BP will be searching for someone who we could take at 57, or top of the third or maybe even top of the fourth!

The real interesting thing about this year is the draft now is only 2 rounds on the first day! that means many many good players will be on the board overnight and who picks next? WE do!!!!

Think we trade down in the third? I would bet on it!

Apart from the Senior Bowl and a You Tube video, how much of Flacco have you actually seen to make you think picking a shotgun QB in R2 would be the right way to go when you've only allowed a better QB 3 and a half games under center.

Left Tackles are are required to be excellent pass-blockers,so why do people say he will only play RT?As you can see and look for yourself,Jake Long can do it all from either left or right

Right Tackles are known as the Run-Blocking Tackles,which Long does a great job also.I would hate to miss out on the next great Tackle.

Jake is our guy here,he will only make us better,and if Left Tackle isn't working in his favor,then he is still a top-notch right tackle.

I am not comparing them or anything but didnt we all say that about Gallery? Gallery has been a hell of a .........bust

Back
Top Bottom