Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick...

he gets burnt solidly every time in coverage. he has to play close to the LOS because every time i see him in coverage the receiver blows by him everytime.

exactly what i meant by him being a LB. hes not a safety. he plays LB.

1. Miami Dolphins - Long, Jake, OT Michigan
The Tuna will carry the biggest stick when it comes to which players are acquired for the Dolphins. Since he basically invented the "Planet Theory" (There are only so many big, strong, athletic guys on the planet, so when you find one in the draft take him) I'm sure he won't mind taking an OT with the first overall pick. C. Long is a possibility, but Parcells has historically prefered bigger DE's in his 3-4 (usually college DT's), so we'll wait and see how C. Long does in his workouts to see if he weighs in closer to 300 lbs. That also opens the debate for G. Dorsey, but he isn't worth the 1st pick until he proves in workouts that he is the same player he was before last season's injury. Players will shift positions a lot in my draft between now and late April, but J. Long won't fall out of my top five. There isn't a player available this year who is in a league of his own, but I think J. Long is the best player available. I love the aggresive attitude he plays with with. When I watch him play he doesn't just prevent his guy from reaching whoever has the ball; he dominates him. He always holds his ground on pass D and pushes guys all over field on running plays. V. Carey has not been the answer since he was drafted in '04 and should be moved back to RT or OG. J. Long is the first step in righting this team's offensive mess.​

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/2008_nfl_mock_draft/Bryan_Pinkston/501/1a
I would love for us to get Jake Long. The fact that we didn't get a LT last year really, really irritated me. Heck I wanted us to draft Joe Staley with the #9 overall pick last year even though people said he was a reach at that pick. Good LT's are really hard to come by. You can't usually get them in FA as they don't come available all that often. LT is like star QB or CB. When you get an elite level player available to you at that position take him. You might not get that chance again for a decade.

I would love for us to get Jake Long. The fact that we didn't get a LT last year really, really irritated me. Heck I wanted us to draft Joe Staley with the #9 overall pick last year even though people said he was a reach at that pick. Good LT's are really hard to come by. You can't usually get them in FA as they don't come available all that often. LT is like star QB or CB. When you get an elite level player available to you at that position take him. You might not get that chance again for a decade.

Yeah, and IF Jake Long projected as a Left Tackle we would be in good shape taking him :up:

ROFLAMOUA....

Rolling
On
Floor
Laughing
At
My
Own
Ugly

Sorry for being sooo dum folks. I think its the moon or something...

Yeah, I wouldnt touch Roy "Let me yank you down from behind" Williams either...
Although, regardless of them creating a rule in his honor, he really is a VERY stand up guy...

But yeah, no thanks

wolfman-1.jpg

it remains to be seen whether or not jake long will be a LT or RT... as you can see everyone and there dog on these boards already has him as a bust, and at the very least a failure at LT.

draft Long + sign Faneca = A very good line

Lets say he isn't a LT and Carey is better.
LT - Carey
LG - Faneca
C - Satele
RG -whoever Sparano feels is the best(Don't sign Hadnot)
LT - Long

I wouldn't care if Faneca is the only FA we sign. We need him.

We wouldn't have to worry about the line for a few years.

My question is this and it's not meant to refute anyone's belief here. I really am just curious.

It seems that this is the only place that has a problem projecting Jake Long as anything but a Left Tackle. I've seen where there is talk of his slide step/technique (or lack thereof) - but I haven't read anything about the need for him to switch to the right side from any of the other so called "experts" and/or draft pundits.

My only time watching him play was against Florida in this year's bowl game and to me he looked pretty darn dominating.

How certain are we that he can't play the left side?

My question is this and it's not meant to refute anyone's belief here. I really am just curious.

It seems that this is the only place that has a problem projecting Jake Long as anything but a Left Tackle. I've seen where there is talk of his slide step/technique (or lack thereof) - but I haven't read anything about the need for him to switch to the right side from any of the other so called "experts" and/or draft pundits.

My only time watching him play was against Florida in this year's bowl game and to me he looked pretty darn dominating.

How certain are we that he can't play the left side?
We aren't. We won't know until he is on the field. I don't know where the experts around here get there info from. But, it doesn't really matter. If he isn't good enough, put him on the right side. Carey is fine on the left side. I'm sure Sparano could figure out who is better on what side.

there is no SAFE PICK in the NFL draft u never know who is going to be good most people look at who is the best player in college at a postion they need and if he is supposed to be a #1 pick we would probly take him thats what i liked about Cam i am glad we didnt take Quinn i think ginn will be a much better player if we can get someone in there to get him the ball

We aren't. We won't know until he is on the field. I don't know where the experts around here get there info from. But, it doesn't really matter. If he isn't good enough, put him on the right side. Carey is fine on the left side. I'm sure Sparano could figure out who is better on what side.

If you're using the 1st pick in the draft on him, you better be sure he's a left tackle.

there is no SAFE PICK in the NFL draft u never know who is going to be good most people look at who is the best player in college at a postion they need and if he is supposed to be a #1 pick we would probly take him thats what i liked about Cam i am glad we didnt take Quinn i think ginn will be a much better player if we can get someone in there to get him the ball

Agreed.

Plus for every Joe Thomas at LT in the draft you can easy end up with a Robert Gallery.

If you're using the 1st pick in the draft on him, you better be sure he's a left tackle.

I don't think I would take him at #1 overall, but perhaps if we traded down to somehwere in the 4-10 range, I would certainly consider it.

clear.gif

I feel sorry for #18
Dude is a beast
or a freaking Kurgan

Back
Top Bottom