Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick...

just looking at that pic in the sig a few posts ago.

what a freak. damn that dude is just humungous.

is that pic touched up?

clear.gif

Caption: Thou Shall Not Pass!

I don't think I would take him at #1 overall, but perhaps if we traded down to somehwere in the 4-10 range, I would certainly consider it.

IF we could trade down to about 6-10 and pick up a couple of more first day picks... I would be ALL over getting Jake Long. Ronnie could run behind that guy all day long...

IF we could trade down to about 6-10 and pick up a couple of more first day picks... I would be ALL over getting Jake Long. Ronnie could run behind that guy all day long...
No matter how crazy trades can come on draft day, but there's no way Jake Long can be there at 6-10 ...
I mean, he's on the top five of every rational draft board.
So please stop smoking that thing :bong2:

No matter how crazy trades can come on draft day, but there's no way Jake Long can be there at 6-10 ...
I mean, he's on the top five of every rational draft board.
So please stop smoking that thing :bong2:

Yeah, well so are

Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long
Sedrick Ellis
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Vernon Gholston
Ryan Clady

Let me know how many in the top 5 you have there then come on back and talk :up:

I'd like Jake Long, but only if it was in the mid 1st round (if we got the 5th pick from the Chiefs I'd do it). However, Jake Long is probably #1 on their draft board.

Again, I think Glenn Dorsey or Chris Long are the best players in the draft. I don't see what's wrong with keeping the pick and taking one of those players.

right now I would bet a lot of money jake long doesn't make it past #4.

I just don't see it happening. WE have to be SUPER in love with a guy to keep the 1st pick, because if we trade down, imo...it's gonna be in the twenties somewhere.

but we will get multiple picks in return. so that would be a huge plus.

Jake Long Scouting Report

Position:OL School & Year/Status:Michigan - SeniorHeight & Weight:6'7 - 315 lbs.Ranked #4 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Jake Long of Michigan, despite a poor showing in the season finale against Ohio State, is without a doubt the top offensive lineman in this year's draft. Long is the centerpiece of an offensive line that has led Michigan to a 164.9 yard a game rushing average as a team. Besides being an absolutely mammoth tackle at 6'7" and 315 lbs., Long possesses elite speed and footwork for an offensive lineman. The Michigan O-line has allowed just 28 sacks under his leadership in 13 games this season, even though their quarterbacks are not exactly fleet of foot. According to ESPN, Long himself was only beaten for a sack once this season by Vernon Gholston of Ohio State. Jake Long is probably best known for his excellent pass blocking, but don't mistake Long for a finesse tackle. As good as people believe he is, his run blocking may still be underrated. He blocks with a real mean streak. Long does a terrific job of taking on (and running over) a D-lineman and moving into the next level to flatten a linebacker as well. Michigan is averaging 4.0 yards per carry this season and tends to find those tough yards behind Long on the left side. This 2 time All Big Ten performer is experienced on both the left and right side of the line, making a versatile option for an NFL team. Jake Long's years of experience blocking top notch Big Ten ends will serve him well in his professional career. Long should find himself a new home no later than the fifth pick of this year's draft.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1195

so he gets beat one time by a very good DE, and he gets the rep for being a bad pass blocker???

by some of the other stuff I have read on here, you would think the guy is a cluts with horrible footwork. glad to see the other side of the story, I was beginning to think that maybe I have been watching the wrong guy the last few years.

I get a lot of michigan games being from the midwest, and I don't see much wrong with this dudes game.

I really don't think he will bust.

I dare you to throw that "safe pick" moniker to Parcells. he he he he!

I think the guys we are looking at are Long, Long, and Ryan.

Because the money we would have to pay and because Parcells likes OL (thank god). The problem here is that this draft is loaded with LT's and we could get one in the second round with #57 that is good who is the sleeper of the top bunch.

He also loves guys with all-the-time motors who make big plays and who you can build a defense around. That is Chris Long. The guys character and instincts and versatility and athleticism following his dads footsteps are essential to what Parcells will look for.

Ryan because he is a QB and would be well worth the money we spend if he produces and grows and knows defenses and all that good jazz.

I dare you to throw that "safe pick" moniker to Parcells. he he he he!

I think the guys we are looking at are Long, Long, and Ryan.

Because the money we would have to pay and because Parcells likes OL (thank god). The problem here is that this draft is loaded with LT's and we could get one in the second round with #57 that is good who is the sleeper of the top bunch.

He also loves guys with all-the-time motors who make big plays and who you can build a defense around. That is Chris Long. The guys character and instincts and versatility and athleticism following his dads footsteps are essential to what Parcells will look for.

Ryan because he is a QB and would be well worth the money we spend if he produces and grows and knows defenses and all that good jazz.

Chris Long #1 and Cherilius #32 would be fine.

Chris Long #1 and Cherilius #32 would be fine.

...and then if we could get Flacco at 57 would be the bomb! But i think Flacco will rise fast and we would have to take him at 32. Chris Nick and others are showing some stuff at OT and there are others who can be had at 57 too and I am sure if we do not go Jake Long at 1 that BP will be searching for someone who we could take at 57, or top of the third or maybe even top of the fourth!

The real interesting thing about this year is the draft now is only 2 rounds on the first day! that means many many good players will be on the board overnight and who picks next? WE do!!!!

Think we trade down in the third? I would bet on it!

...and then if we could get Flacco at 57 would be the bomb! But i think Flacco will rise fast and we would have to take him at 32. Chris Nick and others are showing some stuff at OT and there are others who can be had at 57 too and I am sure if we do not go Jake Long at 1 that BP will be searching for someone who we could take at 57, or top of the third or maybe even top of the fourth!

The real interesting thing about this year is the draft now is only 2 rounds on the first day! that means many many good players will be on the board overnight and who picks next? WE do!!!!

Think we trade down in the third? I would bet on it!

Flacco threw the hell out of the ball at the QB challenge and looked quick and mobile, too. I'd be happy with Henne at #57 or the top of the 3rd. I'm not sure that we need him, though, if Green is coming back. Too many other needs, maybe a NT or S.

so he gets beat one time by a very good DE, and he gets the rep for being a bad pass blocker???

by some of the other stuff I have read on here, you would think the guy is a cluts with horrible footwork. glad to see the other side of the story, I was beginning to think that maybe I have been watching the wrong guy the last few years.

I get a lot of michigan games being from the midwest, and I don't see much wrong with this dudes game.

I really don't think he will bust.

I was watching him get absolutely owned against Illinois as well.

He IS going to be a very good Tackle, but he is HUGE and doesnt have the greatest footwork. Those things can be worked on (I really wish Hud Houck was still with us), but I at this point, he really looks like a road-grading Right Tackle

Back
Top Bottom