Jakeem Grant - good we moved on - fumbled AGAIN - cost Bears the game | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant - good we moved on - fumbled AGAIN - cost Bears the game

I didn’t like the trade then and seemed like Flores’ way of sending a message about ball security to an underperforming team.

Grant was an All Pro returner last year. Not Pro Bowl, but All Pro. Also, having high value players like Waddle or Holland return kicks/punts is STUPID. That’s how Waddle broke his foot in college and he looks like he wants no part returning lol.

“Once again leads to nothing”. Ok. We were 3-2 in games he scored return TDs. He was the reason we won against I believe Cindy last year when he took 3 punts to midfield or better. You’re just hating on the guy because you hate him - ignoring his contributions. And you also admitted last night that you are purposely trying to piss me off - violating the attack the post not the poster spirit of the rule - but hey, whatever makes you feel better. How about doing something productive like helping a brother out who’s lost everything in the tornados in Kentucky. There’s a great thread where you can show some love to a fellow Finheaven fan who’s devastated right now. It will make you feel better about yourself than crapping on others with your “Grant Hill” comments that aren’t even mildly funny. By the way, Devin Hester returned 19 kicks in his career for TDs - the Bears never won anything with him either so I guess his accomplishments don’t matter. What a mentality. I was trying to have an objective discussion - brumdog doesn’t like Grant but at least he’s using stats and comps to make his point as opposed to just spewing baseless garbage, nor is he doing it to anger another poster (you’ve failed by the way - if that was your intent). I see you’ve been on here with good levels of engagement so I’ll ignore this and just assume you really hate the guy and are incapable of giving the player any credit no matter what he does. Like I said, there are more important and productive things to be doing right now. This is so small in the grand scheme of things. We’re both long time fans and know the game. You’re not changing my mind, nor am I changing yours. Time to move on.
Where is this thread? I don't see it.

“Once again leads to nothing”. Ok. We were 3-2 in games he scored return TDs. He was the reason we won against I believe Cindy last year when he took 3 punts to midfield or better. You’re just hating on the guy because you hate him - ignoring his contributions. And you also admitted last night that you are purposely trying to piss me off - violating the attack the post not the poster spirit of the rule - but hey, whatever makes you feel better. How about doing something productive like helping a brother out who’s lost everything in the tornados in Kentucky. There’s a great thread where you can show some love to a fellow Finheaven fan who’s devastated right now. It will make you feel better about yourself than crapping on others with your “Grant Hill” comments that aren’t even mildly funny. By the way, Devin Hester returned 19 kicks in his career for TDs - the Bears never won anything with him either so I guess his accomplishments don’t matter. What a mentality. I was trying to have an objective discussion - brumdog doesn’t like Grant but at least he’s using stats and comps to make his point as opposed to just spewing baseless garbage, nor is he doing it to anger another poster (you’ve failed by the way - if that was your intent). I see you’ve been on here with good levels of engagement so I’ll ignore this and just assume you really hate the guy and are incapable of giving the player any credit no matter what he does. Like I said, there are more important and productive things to be doing right now. This is so small in the grand scheme of things. We’re both long time fans and know the game. You’re not changing my mind, nor am I changing yours. Time to move on.
Sorry, Not reading all that, you've had enough ridiculous support for him. It's just more I'm sure. I don't understand the intense love and desire defending this less than average player in Dolphins history.

Grant is a vet minimum punt and kickoff returner. /thread.

Pretty sure it was Khalil Herbert who fumbled. Jakeem scored twice. THIS loss isn't on him. Stop beating that dead horse. He's not our problem anymore.

Can't help but like Grant as a kid. Very infectious personality. Seemingly always "up." Smiling. Bouncy. Full-of-life type.

But I think his tenure with the Dolphins would be best classified as "frustrating." With all that speed and quicks he just never seemed to be utilized effectively on the O. I assume the coaches were trying to implement some packages for him -- but it just never seemed to really come together. So season after season -- a lot of us were waiting for the "development" that never came.

And bottom line -- he really did look "too small" to be effective.

"Per NFL NextGen Stats, he ran 20.86 miles per hour at his fastest point during the touchdown. ... Jakeem Grant reached a top speed of 21.33 mph on this 97-yard punt return TD, the fastest play by a #Bears ball-carrier this season."

I think you're overlooking the fact that he muffs punts often and drops balls as a WR. The fact that he is making an impact in Bears games shows the lack of talent on their team. I might add, he fumbled a punt for the Bears a few games ago. He is fools gold in the regard and that's why he stayed on our team for as long as he did. I wish him well though...

I have always liked Grant, but I see the same guy in Chicago that I saw in Miami. Explosive plays and inconsistent plays. I hope he can play as long as he wishes, but I'm also glad we moved on from him.

Sorry, Not reading all that, you've had enough ridiculous support for him. It's just more I'm sure. I don't understand the intense love and desire defending this less than average player in Dolphins history.

Grant is a vet minimum punt and kickoff returner. /thread.
You read it. And if you didn’t you really should - not for me, but for a fellow brother who’s hurting right now.

Muff punt, return punt. Miss catch, great catch. Story of Grant since forever, super unreliable and needed to go somewhere else to see if it was just us. Turns out, it was still him. How is this even Fins related though? Isn't there a thread for him already here somewhere as others posted.

I didn’t like the trade then and seemed like Flores’ way of sending a message about ball security to an underperforming team.

Grant was an All Pro returner last year. Not Pro Bowl, but All Pro. Also, having high value players like Waddle or Holland return kicks/punts is STUPID. That’s how Waddle broke his foot in college and he looks like he wants no part returning lol.
I said the same thing at the time. That it was a message being sent. We had four guys who fumbled in that game. Grant was a bit of a scapegoat there to your point though I do think they intended to move on from him at the end of the year given the drafting of Waddle. They just accelerated it to send said message.

Jaylen Waddle may end up being that kind of explosive return guy for us, although I'd really prefer him to be used only as a WR - same goes for Jevon Holland.
Man, I hope not. I do not like nor want either of these returning. Grab an UDFA next year or draft one round 7.

Back
Top Bottom