Jakeem Grant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
I hope he makes the 53.

some_barry_sanders_stuff_here_yall.0.gif

Made it. Caught all his punts. Likely 5th wr barring package run. Active on game days.

I still think if we keep 6 WRs it will be drew morgan im just not sure I'd keep him.
IDK. Stringfellow is really maing a run for that last spot. It would be the smart move to put him on the final roster and stash Morgan on the PS

IDK. Stringfellow is really maing a run for that last spot. It would be the smart move to put him on the final roster and stash Morgan on the PS

I think think stringfellows so late run tells you that he's more trying to be hidden for p squad. That's my read at least. I'd probably keep 4 WRs but they need a depth slot. Morgan has polish and is pretty smooth but he's pretty meh coming out of breaks. Not a great combo for slot.

I'd inactive him if I did keep him on gameday barring injury

I think think stringfellows so late run tells you that he's more trying to be hidden for p squad. That's my read at least. I'd probably keep 4 WRs but they need a depth slot. Morgan has polish and is pretty smooth but he's pretty meh coming out of breaks. Not a great combo for slot.

I'd inactive him if I did keep him on gameday barring injury
That's my take too; on Stringfellow. But I am worried he's going to get pouched. I'd keep him on the 53. He's got talent to play in the NFL.

I think I'm over Grant. He's fast and makes a decent play here and there, but he doesn't play smart enough to be a consistent playmaker. If he doesn't produce much for us this year I think it's his last one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami gave a quick look at receiver Marquess Wilson next week. He has experience in Gase's offense and has played with Cutler. Would give Miami a veteran reserve to team with Grant and Carroo if the team keeps 6 receivers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami gave a quick look at receiver Marquess Wilson next week. He has experience in Gase's offense and has played with Cutler. Would give Miami a veteran reserve to team with Grant and Carroo if the team keeps 6 receivers.

I'd be interested in that.

This is a kind of a tough one for me.....if our starters (Landry, Still, Parker) stay healthy I would keep Grant. If we get a injury, especially to Parker I would rather keep Stringfellow.

The play he made tonight was almost a mathematical inevitability based on his skill set. All you need to do is give him opportunities.

Remember that in his Miami career he's only been targeted 17 times, preseason included. It's not like he's been getting opportunity after opportunity.

He's produced 162 yards and a TD on those 17 targets...9 catches.

People sold on him too early.

He can be a weapon - his speed is legit. Even just putting him on the field on certain plays, opponents will have to have someone pretty fast to defend him. Gase loves messing with Defensive Coordinators' minds.

The play tonight is exactly what coaches have been talking about since last year. You want to get him out there because any little nothing play can turn into a huge game-changer. That was a simple slant that receivers get open for all the time, but then somehow the 5'6" mighty mite breaks two tackles and out-accelerates a guy that had already reached top speed. That's what the coaches have been talking about. They have been trying to create the conditions for that to happen on screens, and it could happen that way, but it could really happen on any play.

Back
Top Bottom