James Mcknight / Giants | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Mcknight / Giants

iceblizzard69 said:
McKnight had good speed. People on here gave him less credit then he deserved. McKnight had some big plays for us last year. He did drop too many balls, but at times he was huge for us.

How about the playoff game against the ravens 3 years ago where Fiedler put the ball right into his hands.....CLANG off his shoulder pad at the goal line and into the hands of the ravens' d-back for the clinching INT. That's all I needed to see of him.

midwest_phinfan said:
How about the playoff game against the ravens 3 years ago where Fiedler put the ball right into his hands.....CLANG off his shoulder pad at the goal line and into the hands of the ravens' d-back for the clinching INT. That's all I needed to see of him.

Name one outside of that glaring one. I can remember one fumble after that that was costly. Outside of that his hands were fine. He just never got the oppurtunity to show it again after that first year. Even though he made the most of his oppurtunities afterwards.

VanDolPhan said:
Name one outside of that glaring one. I can remember one fumble after that that was costly. Outside of that his hands were fine. He just never got the oppurtunity to show it again after that first year. Even though he made the most of his oppurtunities afterwards.

How about the home game against the Jets in 2001? McKnight had about three drops, a fumble, and bobbled a ball right to Aaron Glenn who ran it in for an easy score. Arguably the worst game I've ever seen a receiver play.

Bodzilla29 said:
Actually McKnight didn't drop half as many balls as people on here let on, BUT he did drop passes at critical times.

Those few critical drops, coupled with a penchant for fumbling has gotten McKnight a worse rep around here than he deserves. And hoping he fails miserably in NY? You people who wish this are classless punks, seriously. He may not have been a starting quality WR but he is a good man, and a decent football player.

Some people really make me sick.

I agree here. He may have had suspect hands. But good lord, some people are just clueless and/or classless.

Wish the man good luck. Because at the end of the day, he's still a man.

He wasn't reliable - but I tell yah when he made them big plays I sure was happy. That reverse play against the Giants had me grinning nonstop all week, and still does occasionally because my dad is a huge Giants fan. :D

I also remember that 80 yard catch against the Redskins, it was an awesome play.

But see, two good plays I can remember are outweighed by all the times he blew plays. He coulda been a good reciever on the team, now he gets to go to the G-Men and have that puppet Manning throw to him.

McKnight had me pulling my hair out on numerous occasions, and I have been critical of his play at times, but I certainly wish him well with the Giants. I'm glad he's out of the AFC and on the Giants so he won't have a chance to torch us with one of his big plays this year.

im pretty sure james had the two longest plays last year for the dolphins and i agree he was not used as much as he should have been but the line probally had alot do with that,as far as the rep of dropping passes i totally disagree,i see so many fans that(claim)he drops alot of passes,i have every game on tape and i review the games for different reasons,one of the reasons was to (dont throw stuff at me)defend jay and what i found was mcknight had a total of 8 dropped passes in 2003 and 3 of them was against the jags.8 drops in a season is hardly enough to tag a guy with the name mcdrop.anyway it really dont matter much now that he is a giant and i will not be surprised if he is in the top 10 recievers in the nfc.thanks for the the brief thrills james and best of luck to ya.

VanDolPhan said:

Last year on against the redskins, when griese threw the INT inside their own 20, McKnight got alligator arms cause he was afraid he was going to get blasted. The DBack picks the ball off and takes it to the 5 or so.

Also on the road against NE in foxboro. It was either him or chambers, I think it was him, on the play bruschi picked off and took to the house from about 5 yards out. Same demonstration of aligator arms.

That Jets game when the ball hit him in the facemask, and Aaron Glenn took it back for a TD was brutal. He made some big plays for us no doubt.... but it won`t take much upgrade over him.

midwest_phinfan said:
Also on the road against NE in foxboro. It was either him or chambers, I think it was him, on the play bruschi picked off and took to the house from about 5 yards out. Same demonstration of aligator arms.

That was Derrius Thompson IIRC.

Adios McKnight, don't let the door hit you in the *** on theway out and better get on A-train to New York....nice knowing ya!

Some people...

...are really jerks. Despite the fact that I think he would have easily been the 3rd best WR on our team this year, that much isn't important to the way many have reacted to his departure in this thread, wishing him the worst in New York. Have some class, and grow up, people.

Back
Top Bottom