Jarvis Landry 29.7% of Miami's Receptions, SMH No. 1 In the NFL. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry 29.7% of Miami's Receptions, SMH No. 1 In the NFL.

I see Landry getting more than 5 tds this year easy. Even with our weapons, Landry should be more of a threat in the red zone based off his physicality alone

Lol! How many of those receptions are screens? And who is responsible for such a large amount of screens being called? And why would that person call so many screens?

None of the answers for the questions above involve the QB...

Ya I can see the OC getting blamed but Tannehill is doing what he's told and Landry can take a screen to the endzone any given play.

Most of his big plays involve him running after the catch.

He's had multiple chances to get more tds just to get stopped within the 5 yd line.

I don't like all the screens but Landry is dangerous with the ball in his hands. (Chiefs use it as their primary offensive receiving play)

He led the league with yards after contact for a receiver and led the AFC in broken tackles for a receiver (22)

Tannehill and Landry are just doing their jobs. It's very smart to get the ball into a guy like Landry's hands.

Landry has willed his way to first downs so much we/I take it for granted.

I guess blame Gase for wanting our best Offensive player for having the most chances to make plays.

PHINS UP!!!

I see Landry getting more than 5 tds this year easy. Even with our weapons, Landry should be more of a threat in the red zone based off his physicality alone

I can see Thomas opening up the middle in the red zone for Landry to run a drag routes right into the endzone.

He'll have 8-10 this year unless Parker and Thomas play up to their ability. (Win-Win)

Landry is a monster that cannot be tamed.

What a steal we got!!! Face of our franchise, top 10 receiver, and changed the Miami Dolphins into winners again.

PHINS UP!!!

It is like a broken record with some of this crap! What do you not get about the O-Line issues that are bad enough when our starters are healthy and get even worse when the likes of Pouncey, Albert, and James go down (and Tunsil last year) that have happened every year Tanne has been in the league. Didn't he also lead the league in passes over 20 yards in the air? Gase specifically said he wants the ball out in 2.5 seconds. Tunnel vision much?

29% Leads the league so it is outrageous because Landry doesn't play more snaps than other elite receivers.

Again, please post the statistics for the rest of the league in this. Wouldn't be surprised if #2 is like 27% or something and you're just trying to spin this as something negative

Of course you're going to throw it to the open receiver, which Landry tends to be open, and was also used a lot on screens.

The notion Tannehill is afraid to throw beyond the sticks is just ridiculous

More throws will go to Julius, Ajayi, and Parker this year - we finally have the talent now. Stills will get the same amount of catches as last year.

Tanny had no one but Juice and Stills last year, his options were minimal...DVP was still hurting/slacking mentally; Gase rarely if ever(basically never) threw Ajayi the rock, Grant wasn't even considered; and we had no legit TE threat to throw to (although I think Gray can be a beast).

In 2016- Julio Jones had 22% of the falcons passes.
2015- 33.4 %
2014- 25%

In 2016, Odell Beckham had 26.7% of his teams passes

Ty Hilton- 26.3% (ahhh, I see my number is different than the one posted by dylan, I didn't account for the one game luck didn't play- thats how i got my numbers- and idk who started for them that week/rest of a game)

Yeah, I'm not going to sit here and google every single nfl receiver..... but you get the point. Not a big deal.

Landry FIRST at 29.7% - TY Hilton is TENTH at 24.7% - just for some context....

and yea i can't believe gase wants an offense that's balanced - what a nutty concept, must be because we have a crap qb :roflmao:roflmao

this stuff gets old so quick but regardless i can guarantee landry's % of our team's receptions will NOT be that high in 2017

This guy is pushing a narrative

He's #1 by a whopping 1.6%, but tied for 12th for average receptions per game started 17% difference than #1 in that category.

See for yourself. It's a friggin fantasy football site....

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/reports/2016/w17/pass-reception-workload-report

thanks for posting, I just started looking up receivers and googling them. What a joke of a thread. This is a prime example of just looking super hard for something to critique

Jarvis Landry has 29.7% of Miami's Receptions in 2016, which is the highest percentage in the NFL. As long as Tannehill settles for the easy throw we will remain a bottom ranked offense. Its stuff like this that makes you wonder why Gase is so adamant about running the offense through Ajayi and limiting pass attempts.

My God more petty stuff.

Maybe he just has 29% of our receptions because he catches better than everyone else?
You're trying to spin this into a negative, when the reality is that Tannehill enjoyed the best year of his career while getting us to the playoffs.
So Landry catching 29% of those completions that led us to the playoffs is a negative? Or maybe Tannehills and Landry just have a connection that works.

If passing to Landry 30% of the time gets us the playoffs, why are we complaining?

3rd and 7 and throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage or for a couple yards is getting old. But hey a completed pass is a good stat even tho the play was a failure to compete.

This had me checking to see if this was a 2016 thread/post - because this was maddening, but my recollection is that the old WR screen to Landry every 3rd down tapered off last year...in other words it was getting better last year

This guy is pushing a narrative

He's #1 by a whopping 1.6%, but tied for 12th for average receptions per game started 17% difference than #1 in that category.

See for yourself. It's a friggin fantasy football site....

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/reports/2016/w17/pass-reception-workload-report

Nobody would mind a Jones,Brown, or Beckham getting that % of targets but a slot receiver that rarely runs routes over ten yards is getting targeted more than elite receivers even though we have DVP a legit 1 wr on the team.

Back
Top Bottom