Jarvis Landry 29.7% of Miami's Receptions, SMH No. 1 In the NFL. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry 29.7% of Miami's Receptions, SMH No. 1 In the NFL.

In 2016- Julio Jones had 22% of the falcons passes.
2015- 33.4 %
2014- 25%

In 2016, Odell Beckham had 26.7% of his teams passes

Ty Hilton- 26.3% (ahhh, I see my number is different than the one posted by dylan, I didn't account for the one game luck didn't play- thats how i got my numbers- and idk who started for them that week/rest of a game)

Yeah, I'm not going to sit here and google every single nfl receiver..... but you get the point. Not a big deal.

You spent way more time Googling then I would have brother. In fact I'm just passing through this thread!

Nobody would mind a Jones,Brown, or Beckham getting that % of targets but a slot receiver that rarely runs routes over ten yards is getting targeted more than elite receivers even though we have DVP a legit 1 wr on the team.

The only problem with that is the Phins don't have Jones, Brown, or Beckham. Parker was hurting much of the season, that left Stills and who else to catch the other 70% of the passes? Carroo, Sims and Grant?

Actually, looking at other teams target/reception stats, a main proponent of Landry having that high of a percentage was Miami not having many targets going to the RBs or TEs.

You're looking at Landry's percentage with a closed mind. Tight ends in Miami's offense had a combined 63 targets. Which is behind Landry (131 targets), Parker (90 targets) and Stills (81 targets).

When your offense features three weapons, what do you expect?

Actually, looking at other teams target/reception stats, a main proponent of Landry having that high of a percentage was Miami not having many targets going to the RBs or TEs.

You're looking at Landry's percentage with a closed mind. Tight ends in Miami's offense had a combined 63 targets. Which is behind Landry (131 targets), Parker (90 targets) and Stills (81 targets).

When your offense features three weapons, what do you expect?
I would hope your most skilled receiver DVP would get more targets this year.

I wonder who the all time record holder is for Miami and the NFL.

I'll say it's probably still Landry and then maybe Steve Largent from Seattle in the 80's

Actually, Troy Brown from the pre dynasty Patriots seemed like the only target they had.

Two things:

1) Some people are wanting Landry to get the ball more. Can't have it both ways.

2) Throw to the open receiver. Landry is open. A lot.

Poor topic is poor.

When the OL sucks you have less time to let the full play develop. Landry gets the **** open and has great hands, I feel like this isn't a debatable thing unless you are digging for negatives...

Yes!!! Another thread of misinterpreted data from the OP in order to push a narrative! I so look forward to these! My entertainment for the day.

When the OL sucks you have less time to let the full play develop. Landry gets the **** open and has great hands, I feel like this isn't a debatable thing unless you are digging for negatives...

You're exactly right.

Landry has been RTs security blanket for a few years now because of the poor O-line play.

When Landry gets the ball in his hands, anything can happen. (He's shown he's the best "after contact" receiver)

I don't know why we wouldn't want our best receiver and a top 10 receiver in the NFL getting the ball more often. (And #42 best player overall by his peers which is high praise)

It's up to Parker to step up and get open. (It is not Tannehills fault Parker was lazy his first 2 years and Stills still had 9 tds while having a great running game) We tried to mix it up the best we can.

Slot means nothing in today's NFL. An extra DB (nickel) on the field is probably the most used defensive formation in football now anyways.

Why wouldn't Stills and Parker line up on the outside? They're speed guys.

Landry's a tough grinder like a Hines Ward and Anquan Boldin type but is still one of the quickest receivers in football if not the quickest.

The leader in receiving yds last year lined up in the slot and actually had more yds from the slot than the outside spots..Ty Hilton-745 yds from slot, 703 yds from the outside

I see this as a knock on the other receivers not being able to get separation, then Tannehill checking down to him all the time. But I don't know the play called, it could be plays designed just for him.

Back
Top Bottom