"Jason Taylor........Dinner Is Served" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Jason Taylor........Dinner Is Served"

Heh, it should be noted that Chester Pitts was the LT all of last season. :)

I really feel bad for David Carr. He's going to have the body of a 75 year old by age 35.

I'll be watching OGun. If he can't get some good pressure and pick up at least one sack in that game I'm going to be worried.

Texans will slide protection towards Taylor............he will not get 5 sacks :rolleyes: It will be like VanDolphan sez, a few other players will need to take advantage of the attention paid to Taylor. However, it's interesting to note that Taylor was invisible in both Bills games last year and he was one on one with second yr LT Jonas Jennings and RT Marcus Price. Hmmmmm..........

Actually, Clumped, he had 2 sacks...Which is about average over 2 games for him..

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Texans will slide protection towards Taylor............he will not get 5 sacks :rolleyes: It will be like VanDolphan sez, a few other players will need to take advantage of the attention paid to Taylor. However, it's interesting to note that Taylor was invisible in both Bills games last year and he was one on one with second yr LT Jonas Jennings and RT Marcus Price. Hmmmmm..........

This nothing new for JT..he's received doubles, slides and nicks all last year, as for Buf...he was never 1 0n 1 you guys always double or put a back on him..but more so this should be a good game for Ogun to really show his stuff.

Richmond Webb shutout Bruce Smith for what.....the first five years of his career?? Hmmmm........

Has nothing to do with anything. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I think JT will have a great game but there is no way the Houston coaches will not double team JT. I say he gets 2 sacks. Houston will try to do the early release and stay away from Taylor.
Having said that...Ogunleye (SP) should have a good game also. The Phins should walk away from the game having sacked Carr at least 5 times.
:bandwagon

I seem to remember JT bursting through the Bills line with such regularity, that most of the time he over ran plays, meaning that rather than being squished in the backfield, Travis Henry had no DE to face on Jason's side. If you go back and watch the games, it certainly wasn't great pass protection that limited his play, it was Jason being a little too quick for his own good. Don't expect that luxury this year.

Originally posted by phinphan
I seem to remember JT bursting through the Bills line with such regularity, that most of the time he over ran plays, meaning that rather than being squished in the backfield, Travis Henry had no DE to face on Jason's side. If you go back and watch the games, it certainly wasn't great pass protection that limited his play, it was Jason being a little too quick for his own good. Don't expect that luxury this year.

and I seem to remember the Bills rushing and passing with ease...first game you guys held Bledsoe in check, but Henry ran for 132...second game Henry rushed for 151, and Bledsoe passed for 306 yards 3 tds, and 0 picks....so whether taylor was overruning or not, we were great on the ground and through the air

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

and I seem to remember the Bills rushing and passing with ease...first game you guys held Bledsoe in check, but Henry ran for 132...second game Henry rushed for 151, and Bledsoe passed for 306 yards 3 tds, and 0 picks....so whether taylor was overruning or not, we were great on the ground and through the air

This is getting way off topic.

The post is about JT.

Why are you talking about the Bills game?

IMO JT, and the rest of the defense will feast on the Texans.
Taylor and OGUN should combine for three sacks.

At the beginning of the year defenses are usually more ready to play than offenses anyway. I believe that will be particularly true in this matchup, with a veteran, highly talented Miami defense, going against the Houston offense.

It should be very similar to the Detroit game last year.

Seemed like our offense was hella ready against Houston last year.

As far as JT not doing anything against Buffalo, guys forget, he was nursing an injury and still managed to rack up two.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Seemed like our offense was hella ready against Houston last year.

As far as JT not doing anything against Buffalo, guys forget, he was nursing an injury and still managed to rack up two.

I'm not saying JT didn't do anything, i'm just saying our offensive statistics show that his presence wasn't felt

Back
Top Bottom