"Jason Taylor........Dinner Is Served" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Jason Taylor........Dinner Is Served"

JT was all over Brian Griese in the Denver game. He was on him as much as any DE has ever been on a QB. Griese finished with 335 yards and Denver totalled 446 yards of offense.

Those stats would also signify JT's presence wasn't felt.

Stats can be deceiving. You really need to watch the games.

MUCK - love the sig dude, that is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Classic cult flick.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Stats can be deceiving. You really need to watch the games.

MUCK - love the sig dude, that is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Classic cult flick.

i do, and jason taylor didnt have an impact on that game...we ran and passed to every conceivable side with relative ease...
im not dissing JT, he's great, but he's not the second coming of christ fellas....btw, where were JT's sacks in the New England game when it was all on the line?....i seem to remember him saying after the viking loss, "new england is all that matters, win and were in"...he's a top 5 DE no doubt, but he's not flawless either

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

i do, and jason taylor didnt have an impact on that game...we ran and passed to every conceivable side with relative ease...
im not dissing JT, he's great, but he's not the second coming of christ fellas....btw, where were JT's sacks in the New England game when it was all on the line?....i seem to remember him saying after the viking loss, "new england is all that matters, win and were in"...he's a top 5 DE no doubt, but he's not flawless either

Who ever said he was flawless?

A great season for a DE is 15+ sacks.

That total means that there will be games that they don't get any sacks at all. Even during his record setting season Strahan went sackless in a few games. So, the fact that JT did not get any sacks in the NE game does nothing to take away from his terrific season.

Also, nobody cares about the Buffalo game.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Who ever said he was flawless?

A great season for a DE is 15+ sacks.

That total means that there will be games that they don't get any sacks at all. Even during his record setting season Strahan went sackless in a few games. So, the fact that JT did not get any sacks in the NE game does nothing to take away from his terrific season.

Also, nobody cares about the Buffalo game.

i agree he had a terrific season, all i'm saying is that great players show up for big games...hey, Ricky did his part

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No one says that JT is flawless.....and top 5....so generous. Many around the league would say THE TOP, mostly TOP 3 at worst. JT also spends much of the time double and even triple teamed.

As for the Buffalo games, well poor coverage, and bad breaks (at least on that tipped ball) went a long way towards many of the big plays, so JT can't be held responsible for those. Henry racked up most of his yards due to bad perimetre containment (like I explained before with Taylor being a little too quick out of the blocks) this was mainly due to Madison's/Freeman's poor tackling, and Greenwood and Rodgers running themselves out of the play most of the time. The Bills also used draw plays, which turned Miami's over persuit against them. The Bills OC called two good games.

The difference this year is that Miami have upgraded the weak areas of last year (apart from Madison....who needs to step his game up). Just as Buffalo made some big additions to stop Ricky, the Phins solidified the D.

As Muck said, Bruce Smith was Richmond Webb's bitch for much of his career, but that doesn't mean that Bruce wasn't a great DE does it. Football is a team sport, so even if an individual does excell, that doesn't always translate to a TEAM success. Heck, Ricky steamrollered the Bills, and yet it wasn't enough.

i have no problem putting JT in top 3....but I'd like Strahan #1, Rice #2, and then JT...also, a healthy Kearse is a "freak"...on the flipside though, blaming an individual for a loss in a team sport is the same

i have no problem putting JT in top 3....but I'd like Strahan #1, Rice #2, and then JT...also, a healthy Kearse is a "freak"...on the flipside though, blaming an individual for a loss in a team sport is the same

Well I can't argue with an opinion. I would only say that IMHO Rice is over rated, as he feeds off a lot of single coverage due to Sapp and McFarland occupying blockers.

btw, are u phinphan1227(something like that) on ganggreen.com?

Nope, thats not me. I was a little silly in using the name 'phinphan' because everyone and his dog seem to be some derivative of it. I think the 1227 guy does use this board though.

I thought Rice and Brooks were the mvps of the defense...sapp actually had a bad year, and rice was forced to be doubled in many games cause of his quickness...seemed like he had a ff in every damn game

i agree he had a terrific season, all i'm saying is that great players show up for big games...hey, Ricky did his part

Circle, so by your logic, none of the early 90's Bills players wre great right? I could point out a few great players, that just wouldn't show up for big games.

Originally posted by MarinoFan

Circle, so by your logic, none of the early 90's Bills players wre great right? I could point out a few great players, that just wouldn't show up for big games.
tou-che

Back to the thread, the Texans will (as some have mentioned) slide protection to Taylors side, then it'll be up to O-Gun and the rest to put on the pressure. If they can then the Texans will have no choice but to even out the protection.
If (when) Houston slides the protection to JTs side I'd like to see Bates blitz the OLB and CB now and then to force the Texans to even it out.
Either way Houston will have problems protecting Carr.

,blaming an individual for a loss in a team sport is the same

I agree for the most part, but when it's an idividual player that handles the ball alot like QB RB and WR then yes they can lose the game by themselves.
I've seen teams play great all game long and have seen QBs throw ints for TDs or that lead to TDs, I've see WRs drop TD passes and 3rd down passes to keep winning drives alive. And I remember RBs fumbling on goal lines. I've been watching football religously since I was eight years old which is 28 years. And yes individual players CAN lose a game for a team.

The premise that other players on the team should pick up the slack is asking them to be mind readers and predict the outcome of the game. I beleive that all or most players play as hard and as best they can all game long and do everything they can to win the game.

Lets look at the AFC championship game Denver at Cleveland in the 80s, great game both teams gave it their all and Kosar had the browns near the goal line, and the RB fumbles the ball. and the Browns lose.
As much as Bills fans say we use excuses for the 1st loss to the Bills last year on Lucas, is hypacritical because they ran Norwood out of town after the SB loss to the Giants. Well surely BILLS FANS down blame just Norwood for that loss? Or should they? IMO the Bills out played the Giants in that game, the Bills IMO were the better team, they held the Giants close enough to win the game, Kelly and Thomas and gang drove them down the field and got them in FG range and the game was all theirs to win, but Norwood shanked it wide right. The Bills as a team drove down the field to give them the best chance to win with what time they had left and NORWOOD lost the game.
I always said that the Giants didn't win that game as much as Buffalo (Norwood) lost it.

A QB that throws 6 ints some for short TD drives or TDs themselves can be held to blame for a loss.
It's a team game no doubt but it's individual efforts that make them function AS a team.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant say he didnt show up for big games. You didnt know what games would be big and what wasnt until the end. The only one you could really claim that was he didnt was the NE game.

Look at the Raiders and Broncos games. Both situations where it was considered a likely preview of the AFC Championship game, against the other best team in the AFC. Combined 5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 14 tackles. He made Gannon twitch.

Texans tackle Boselli makes retirement official

Texans tackle Boselli makes retirement official
Boselli counted $7.55 million against the Texans' salary cap last year, but he initiated negotiations to lower his base salary to $655,000 in 2003. Consequently, he will count only $3.05 million against the cap this season and $3.05 million more in 2004.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom