Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins

Jason Taylor- "I tried everything to skip offseason activities but that Parcels guy said I had to!"
"This Rex Ryan guy obviously understands not working out."

I just thought I'd throw this out there, not sure if anyone has yet or not. But let's not forget Parcells was a Patriot and a Jet long before a Dolphin. I still don't like this though, but I won't be burning anything over it, just going to shove the jersey in a box.

All that's immaterial. What's relevent is that he's the boss and it's his prerogative on how to handle JT. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill's diva opinion of JT rivals that of TO, but still he offered a contract - even before knowing who we'd pick up in the offseason or draft -and that showed a reasonable amount of good faith. It was summarily rejected. End of Story. Sorry, can't fault Parcells on this one.

He offered him 1 mil and made the offer on a post it sticky note, the same as he did with Ricky. AND he asked Taylor to cut his agent out of the negotiations, same as he did with Ricky.

WTF is that? It's bizzare........................

All that's immaterial. What's relevent is that he's the boss and it's his prerogative on how to handle JT. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill's diva opinion of JT rivals that of TO, but still he offered a contract - even before knowing who we'd pick up in the offseason or draft -and that showed a reasonable amount of good faith. It was summarily rejected. End of Story. Sorry, can't fault Parcells on this one.

So he was offered basically a minimum salary less than Charlie Anderson will make so he should have just jumped on that. Thats as silly as me saying Ronnie Brown is disloyal because he hasnt signed his tender yet

?

You're idea of loyalty is pretty broad. You can't be loyal to everybody. :d-day:

He is famous for bringing his coaches, his employees and his players to each franchise that he has gone to.

Look at the other Jason. Fergeson has been with Parcells at 3 different teams. Look at Henning or Pennington or Bledsoe or Billichik for that matter.

JT obviously was never someone he really wanted around. The way he is constantly leaking info to the media is obviously the exact opposite of what Parcells is known for.

Parcells has not been loyal to like his last three employees or the team that agree to fire thier coach and hire him. So loyalty is only about dealing with your friends and not the teams u work for. So in that case why are people calling Jason taylor disloyal

So he was offered basically a minimum salary less than Charlie Anderson will make so he should have just jumped on that. Thats as silly as me saying Ronnie Brown is disloyal because he hasnt signed his tender yet

It was a 1.5MM deal, the same kind of informal offer that didn't work out too poorly for Ricky who repaid BP's good faith with his own - and ultimately got rewarded for it. It was also JT's opportunity, meeting directly with Parcells to redeem himself in The Boss's eyes for the previous year's nonsense and maybe even for diva like activities behind closed doors we may not be aware of. Instead, he chose to involve an agent the FO obviously had little use for and the die was cast. Again, giving any contract to and tying up a roster spot for a 36 year old situational player, even before the offseason FA signings and the draft, was a gesture of good faith that could have gone far in rehabilitating JT's image with the FO. But he didn't, he deferred to his PITA , lying agent and dug his own hole.. Oh well.

.. and if you think Ronnie is an apples-2-apples comparison, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I can let you have cheap. :chuckle:
Ricky is a much better analogy

It was a 1.5MM deal, the same kind of informal offer that didn't work out too poorly for Ricky who repaid BP's good faith with his own - and ultimately got rewarded for it. It was also JT's opportunity, meeting directly with Parcells to redeem himself in The Boss's eyes for the previous year's nonsense and maybe even for diva like activities behind closed doors we may not be aware of. Instead, he chose to involve an agent the FO obviously had little use for and the die was cast. Again, giving any contract to and tying up a roster spot for a 36 year old situational player, even before the offseason FA signings and the draft, was a gesture of good faith that could have gone far in rehabilitating JT's image with the FO. But he didn't, he deferred to his PITA , lying agent and dug his own hole.. Oh well.

.. and if you think Ronnie is an apples-2-apples comparison, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I can let you have cheap. :chuckle:
Ricky is a much better analogy

i said calling Taylor disloyal as silly as that which it is. there is no reason or relationship between him and our front office to be loyal to. This is about taylor and the FO not Jason and the dolphin fans. Seriously u are saying with Cameron Wake, erik walden, Quinton Moses and Charlie anderson as our OLB's we would be hurting the team by signing Jason taylor to a roster spot. Some people are the same people that always support whatever the coaches and front office do and judge the players however they like. The FO is doing their own thing but does not mean they handled this right. In fact I have no problem with the front office I see a problem with fans blasting a player for signing with a team that tryed to sign him over a team that did not. its that simple. He was offered less money than a much lesser player was making at the same position so I dont blame him one bit for taking a real offer.

This really is a mess. JT and Zach Thomas became liabilities in Miami. I know that both players are HOF players, and will go down in Dolphins history as some of the best to play in Miami. But there is a current team and a current way of doing things. JT is at the end of his career. He didn't want to allow the Dolphins the authority over him. It's a business. It's about trust, and he didn't trust Parcells and Co.

Miami needed to reduce JT's playing time and get guys to take over at OLB. They also needed to save money before signing his deal. JT would have been on his way out had he waited and signed with Miami after the draft. But he didn't want to go that way, even at 35. He wanted to try and keep his own dreams alive. No one can fault him for that. And he wants to try and control them, even if that means going to his arch-rival. It happens though. Look at Brett Favre. Look at Chad Pennington.

I think it is best that he is off the team at this point. He will always be a Dolphin. And for now, Miami needs to forget about JT and move on quickly. Let's hope JT loses both games against Miami this season. And I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booed at home when Miami plays the Jets. But I bet the same people that boo him that day will cheer for him when he gets enshrined in the Dolphins Ring of Fame. But that's for another time.

Jason did "everything" but what the Dolphins asked him to do - Wait until after the draft to talk.

He followed the money to the Redskisn for one year and how did that turn out? - We won ELEVEN games WITHOUT him and he did NOTHING for the Redskins.

He came back and we won SEVEN games WITH him and he pretty much did nothing again. I love Jason, but he's past his prime.

If he had been patient and waited, I believe the Dolphins would have resigned him. He owed them something, to - loyalty goes both way. . As it is, I am sick and tired of his whining. Now, he's with a team of whiners (JETS).

He has betrayed his fan base not once, but twice. I wish he'd finished out his career in Miami, but I'm done with him. Adios, Jason.

Whole point of having JT wait is because they're looking to replace him and he's an option in a worst case scenario that they can't get anyone like last year. To disregard the reasonable options available to him now that probably won't be there in the coming days is the choice you want him to make and you guys say you're fans of his? Please.

Back
Top Bottom