Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins

Bottom line...a veteran NT was worth more in half a year than a vet OLB/DE was.

You also don't know what effect developmentally it had on the players already on the team, or anyone that is drafted.

Your hangup has to do with a behavior issue....that is not issue here.

How is a vet NT only playing half the games then a possible starting OLB. what ferguson did is try to cheat but thats no big deal to this regime

How is a vet NT only playing half the games then a possible starting OLB. what ferguson did is try to cheat but thats no big deal to this regime

It isn't a big deal to this regime. Its not the Rooneys running this team dlocks, you know that.

A solid NT will come in handy at the end of the season. The FO must see people in the draft that will fill their OLB issue comfortably, besides who is on the team already....I imagine they didn't see the same at NT.

It isn't a big deal to this regime. Its not the Rooneys running this team dlocks, you know that.

A solid NT will come in handy at the end of the season. The FO must see people in the draft that will fill their OLB issue comfortably, besides who is on the team already....I imagine they didn't see the same at NT.

well we have two holes at OLB and only one at NT, just saying how would resigning JT hurt the team in anyway, he was not asking for big money

well we have two holes at OLB and only one at NT, just saying how would resigning JT hurt the team in anyway, he was not asking for big money

If it were me...I would have signed JT as a situational lb, and draft the rookie to come in.

They have other plans...and maybe, his diva attitude was a detriment to the team in the FOs eyes. Just guessing there.

If it were me...I would have signed JT as a situational lb, and draft the rookie to come in.

They have other plans...and maybe, his diva attitude was a detriment to the team in the FOs eyes. Just guessing there.

I think this is the issue too. If Ricky Williams was willing to negotiate directly with Parcells, why does JT have a problem with it?

The jests are our competition. He KNOWS this, but he is asking the front office to get back to him before the draft to be considerate with the jests!???

I think Rex & JT's agent basically made JT their little jail cell hoe. They just double teamed the dancing queen. :ponder: :chuckle:

Ohh come on calm down he's still one of the greatest players in dolphins history. You are all saying all he had to do is wait another week ok so what if the Dolphins decide they don't want him, now hes stuck not playing cuz the jets drafted a pass rusher. Yes it sucks that he's playing for a rival but the Dolphins don't have any loyality and neither should they have to. Its about winning and maybe they felt Jason Taylor wasn;t going to help them do that, hes what 36? Having him on the roster just takes away from one more player being developed.

It is the way it is.Thanks for the good times....
As the saying goes-"Whats the barber say?"
Reply;"Next"

Are you serious!? They didnt sign the contract in Nov now did they? They signed in March. Your telling me JT didnt want to stay here? He wait mad long for the Phins to just offer a contract! You think he wanted to go to the Jets? No but hes got to go where hes wanted and where theres work. Hes got kids, and a wife, he has a mouth to feed and a roof over their heads. I would have done the same thing. Screw Parcells

WOW!!! I never looked at it that way, I mean Jason and his family are obviously one snap away from being Destitue and Homeless. I realize now that top money for 10 years in the NFL equates to just above the national Poverty level. Well Jason I hope this saves you from having to sell all your dolphin stuff for food. Go into the HOF as a JET, because you don't deserve to go in as a dolphin anymore.

This is a business, the NFL, not a freakin sorority. He's not a "member", he's an employee of a company. The boss tried to re-hire him in November and he passed.
Now they told him they would consider rehiring him after they see how the draft plays out. He decided to take another company's offer. If he wanted to WORK for the Dolphins he should have waited a few more days.
He didn't - he decided he would work elsewhere while he had the chance to do so.

Why is this so hard to comprehend? He is not owed anything - he made millions and became famous here. He was given an opportunity here and if he was patient, he might have gotten another one.
Instead, he jumped on another offer. This isn't about the money - he doesn't need another million he'll never spend. It's about his ego.

He got what he wanted - a chance to play.
If he wanted to be in Miami so bad he would have waited. He's the one without the loyalty - not Parcells. He could have sat tight a couple more days and saw how things played out. If the Jet's offer dried up, another would have materialzed before the season.
Sorry JT - I loved you as a Phin, but now, I will hate you as a Jet.

This is a business, the NFL, not a freakin sorority. He's not a "member", he's an employee of a company. The boss tried to re-hire him in November and he passed.
Now they told him they would consider rehiring him after they see how the draft plays out. He decided to take another company's offer. If he wanted to WORK for the Dolphins he should have waited a few more days.
He didn't - he decided he would work elsewhere while he had the chance to do so.

Why is this so hard to comprehend? He is not owed anything - he made millions and became famous here. He was given an opportunity here and if he was patient, he might have gotten another one.
Instead, he jumped on another offer. This isn't about the money - he doesn't need another million he'll never spend. It's about his ego.

He got what he wanted - a chance to play.
If he wanted to be in Miami so bad he would have waited. He's the one without the loyalty - not Parcells. He could have sat tight a couple more days and saw how things played out. If the Jet's offer dried up, another would have materialzed before the season.
Sorry JT - I loved you as a Phin, but now, I will hate you as a Jet.

U mention parcells and loyalty. Parcells is one of the least loyal people in the entire NFL. he has quit on countless teams sabotaged a current coach then backed out of an agreement to be a coach. parcells and loyalty should not be in the same paragraph lol

That's a bunch of bull**** and you know it. Using that argument to defend him is pointless. Do you realize how much money this guy has made over the years? He's a multi-millionaire!! All he needs to do is invest it properly and he's set for life!

He's lucky that he doesn't have to worry about living paycheck to paycheck like a lot of families in the US.

JT's the only greedy guy in the United Sates? He should be locked up...

U mention parcells and loyalty. Parcells is one of the least loyal people in the entire NFL. he has quit on countless teams sabotaged a current coach then backed out of an agreement to be a coach. parcells and loyalty should not be in the same paragraph lol

All that's immaterial. What's relevent is that he's the boss and it's his prerogative on how to handle JT. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill's diva opinion of JT rivals that of TO, but still he offered a contract - even before knowing who we'd pick up in the offseason or draft -and that showed a reasonable amount of good faith. It was summarily rejected. End of Story. Sorry, can't fault Parcells on this one.

?

You're idea of loyalty is pretty broad. You can't be loyal to everybody. :d-day:

He is famous for bringing his coaches, his employees and his players to each franchise that he has gone to.

Look at the other Jason. Fergeson has been with Parcells at 3 different teams. Look at Henning or Pennington or Bledsoe or Billichik for that matter.

JT obviously was never someone he really wanted around. The way he is constantly leaking info to the media is obviously the exact opposite of what Parcells is known for.

Funny he mentions Dwayne Wade, as if there is any comparison. One guy actually steps up his game in the playoffs and single handedly gave the Heat it's 1st (and only) NBA championship.

Back
Top Bottom