Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins

Who cares? Jason is only about 70% of his former ability and we never won anything with him. I think he burned his bridge when he went dancing. Let's get younger and faster and let the Jets get older.
remember what happened when Keith Byars went to the pats? remember how well that turned out for us? We now officially have to change calls and signals for those 2 games

JT's not that good anymore. The Jets will figure that out real fast. Parcells is not an idiot.

JT's not that good anymore. The Jets will figure that out real fast. Parcells is not an idiot.
if they can win 2 games vs us this year base on knowledge of our calls he is worth the money...

if they can win 2 games vs us this year base on knowledge of our calls he is worth the money...

Oh man!!!! The Jets now own the Cardinals/ Phins/ Chargers/ Steelers etc etc.... No wonder why they keep taking 1 player from every team.

They aren't gonna gain any knowledge from JT that will win them any games.

It's like the whole bulletin board material. 90% of the time someone talking trash to another player and they still win the game. The 10% they talk trash and lose the game all of a sudden "You shouldn't have gotten RAY RAY upset... How could you give Brady bulletin board material?" What about the other 90% where it didn't make a difference?

It's a non-factor until it's convenient to say that's what hurt them.

This is your argument? Don't let JT go because he might tell the jets some plays in his one year with BP's Dolphins? This would be a bigger issue with a lot of teams if true. But ok...keep it up with the Byars controversy from years ago.

I think our play calling will change some.....esp with Marshall here.

You never know about his financial situation. Look @ Nicholas Cage, he's made over 100million dollars in his career and yet he's file for bankruptcy due to poor money management (and his manger screwed him).

So basically it doesn't matter how much money you make, it's about how you invest it. So that argument can be thrown out the window

Jason Taylor tried everything to stay with the Dolphins...except wait a couple of days.

Not sure why he should have waited any longer. Did they ask our suspended nose tackle to wait until after the draft. we had nothing to lose by signing jason taylor he had everything to lose by waiting.

Not sure why he should have waited any longer. Did they ask our suspended nose tackle to wait until after the draft. we had nothing to lose by signing jason taylor he had everything to lose by waiting.

He didn't have to wait.....why that concerns any other player is questionable.

I don't know why he couldn't just wait like 5 more days to see where things stood with the Dolphins. They told him they would address it after the draft.
I think he jumped the gun and now finds himself on the outside looking in.

So long JT - it was fun while it lasted.

Not sure but maybe Taylor thought that the Jets may get someone in the draft and not want him anymore. That's the only reason I can come up with.

Yea, they offered him practically the vet min in NOV and yanked the offer less then 30 days later. WOW, the FO really tried to sign him after he played well above what he was getting payed.

Now, they want him to wait after the draft to see of they can get someone to fill his position while the Jets offer a contract that is more then double what he made last year. Are you really that dense???? What happens to him if he waits till after the draft the the fins tell him to take a hike they got someone to replace him???? The Jets are not going to wait till after the draft, they need to plan for the future as well.
So, he can either get payed more then double what he made last year or probably not get payed @ all.........easy decision.

To blame him for not waiting around for Parcells and company to decide whether or not they want him is not JT's fault. If you can't understand that then you really are lost. :rolleyes2:

If this was about money, he should have stayed with the Redskins, who were paying him 3 times the amount of cash the Jets are and wanted to keep him(but he kept asking for a release...pattern?). What this was about is JT feeling unappreciated and wanting to host the "Jason Taylor ego memorial fundraiser featuring U2".

Yes, you are absolutely correct, we offered him a contract and when he turned it down we moved on to other things(kinda like...the draft, you know, the thing we kept telling him we had to deal with first before his drama).
As a Bills fan, i can understand how you might consider me dense, seeing as how i agree with our front office not running around like a chicken with its head cut off, signing players, then offering them a key to the city while they host there own MTV special(clearly solid football decisions right there).

Again, if he is that insecure, then i have no problem with him running to the best offer. Heck, i dont even have a problem with him turning down the contract we offered. What i do have a problem with is his continued mexican stare down with our front office every offseason when we have always been clear and honest with him about how the situation is. What i have a problem with is him running to the media with a hurt ego whinning about how we didnt make an offer when we did make one.

We gave him a chance, when he didnt take him we laid out how we were going to handle the situation, we followed it to the letter and JT just didnt like it. We have been nothing but honest and upfront with him. No one is bigger then the team, no one is irreplacable, and they will NOT be bullied through the media or popular opinion by players. Jason Taylor put Jason Taylor in this situation, and now as his reward he can go play for a coach that cries in front of a podium when they have a losing streak.
JT can take all his frustration onto the field when playing us and try and vent them against Jake Long. We'll just wait and see how that heart to heart works out for him.

He was handed a offer for 2 more years, handed to him personally by BP. he turned down the offer because he wanted to wait until after the season. the dolphins granted him that wish, so the team wanted to wait until after the draft, jason the whining dancer would'nt give the team the same respect... I hope he's happy in new york cause he can never be embraced by the miami community again...

Speak for yourself. Jason was a great player for us and one of the best defensive players we have ever had in a uniform(u could argue the best and i would have no problem with that) we will have another dolphin hall of famer when he retires and i will applaud him when he makes it. This has always been about jason and this front office, nothing to do with the fans. We have no clue what has gone on between these guys but yet we always side on the way of the front office. Dan Marino got royally screwed by this organization so lets not even bring up so called loyalty. Im still confused why people think Jason should have took the minimum offer in november. I mean im sure Ronnie Brown will play for the same amount as his tender next year because he is so loyal

He didn't have to wait.....why that concerns any other player is questionable.

Just pointing out he is the only player we made wait. We gave more respect to a a guy that was banned again for steroids than a guy who is one of the all time dolphin greats. We have a huge hole at OLB and it would have not hurt the development one bit of any player to resign him to a reasonable contract. To resign him to make less than Charlie Anderson is not reasonable.

Just pointing out he is the only player we made wait. We gave more respect to a a guy that was banned again for steroids than a guy who is one of the all time dolphin greats. We have a huge hole at OLB and it would have not hurt the development one bit of any player to resign him to a reasonable contract. To resign him to make less than Charlie Anderson is not reasonable.

Bottom line...a veteran NT was worth more in half a year than a vet OLB/DE was.

You also don't know what effect developmentally it had on the players already on the team, or anyone that is drafted.

Your hangup has to do with a behavior issue....that is not issue here.

Are you serious!? They didnt sign the contract in Nov now did they? They signed in March. Your telling me JT didnt want to stay here? He wait mad long for the Phins to just offer a contract! You think he wanted to go to the Jets? No but hes got to go where hes wanted and where theres work. Hes got kids, and a wife, he has a mouth to feed and a roof over their heads. I would have done the same thing. Screw Parcells

I'm thinking if Jason needed this contract to feed his kids there's a problem. I'm thinking with all the millions he has made over the years, he and his children are set for life. Jason is a dick, I've seen it first hand and saw the type of person he REALLY is. I'm glad he's gone, he's washed up and I'm glad we didn't waste a roster spot on him.

Back
Top Bottom