Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor: I tried everything to stay with Dolphins

Are you serious!? They didnt sign the contract in Nov now did they? They signed in March. Your telling me JT didnt want to stay here? He wait mad long for the Phins to just offer a contract! You think he wanted to go to the Jets? No but hes got to go where hes wanted and where theres work. Hes got kids, and a wife, he has a mouth to feed and a roof over their heads. I would have done the same thing. Screw Parcells

That's a bunch of bull**** and you know it. Using that argument to defend him is pointless. Do you realize how much money this guy has made over the years? He's a multi-millionaire!! All he needs to do is invest it properly and he's set for life!

He's lucky that he doesn't have to worry about living paycheck to paycheck like a lot of families in the US.

Why should he wait till after the draft? I mean Pennington resigned, Ferguson resigned, and is suspened 8 games. Why should he wait?

Because that's what they told him they'd do. You really want to stay in Miami, you wait. If they never call you back or speak with you, is there really no other team that would want to sign him to a role where he'd play 25-30 snaps a game?

Yea, they offered him practically the vet min in NOV and yanked the offer less then 30 days later. WOW, the FO really tried to sign him after he played well above what he was getting payed.

Now, they want him to wait after the draft to see of they can get someone to fill his position while the Jets offer a contract that is more then double what he made last year. Are you really that dense???? What happens to him if he waits till after the draft the the fins tell him to take a hike they got someone to replace him???? The Jets are not going to wait till after the draft, they need to plan for the future as well.
So, he can either get payed more then double what he made last year or probably not get payed @ all.........easy decision.

To blame him for not waiting around for Parcells and company to decide whether or not they want him is not JT's fault. If you can't understand that then you really are lost. :rolleyes2:

You act like you have inside information on what the FO would do. Pure lunacy but hey you're a Bills fan.......

It's accepted

Is anyone else impressed that our FO didn't bend to JT's wishes? He tried to force their hand, after they were very clear their intentions.

Jason turned it into a circus in hopes they would cave and give in HIS way...They stood pat and said after the draft.

JT is being a drama queen like brett favre, and no one will ever convince me that JT wouldn't have a handful of teams to choose from between the draft and the regular season.

Is anyone else impressed that our FO didn't bend to JT's wishes? He tried to force their hand, after they were very clear their intentions.

Jason turned it into a circus in hopes they would cave and give in HIS way...They stood pat and said after the draft.

JT is being a drama queen like brett favre, and no one will ever convince me that JT wouldn't have a handful of teams to choose from between the draft and the regular season.

I'm absolutely happy and impressed they didn't cave.

I'm absolutely happy and impressed they didn't cave.

They know he's a fan favorite...honestly I wish they never brought him back. He was gone, we had moved on...won the AFC East...etc.

Bringing him back only makes it worse that now that's twice the fans have had to deal with the separation.

It's for the best for JT to go, but it's a hard decision to make...it only sucks because he's gone to the Jets.

Dead to me. Case closed.

Are you serious!? They didnt sign the contract in Nov now did they? They signed in March. Your telling me JT didnt want to stay here? He wait mad long for the Phins to just offer a contract! You think he wanted to go to the Jets? No but hes got to go where hes wanted and where theres work. Hes got kids, and a wife, he has a mouth to feed and a roof over their heads. I would have done the same thing. Screw Parcells

I am sorry, but you cannot use the "mouths to feed" argument when we are discussing a professional football player who has made millions year after year for the past decade. If he seriously has a desperate need for money after all this time he needs to learn better money management skills. This was him wanting to maintain that multi-millionaire lifestyle with a fatter paycheck from the Jets than the Dolphins would give him at this point. But this NEVER becomes an argument of having to feed his family, that is just preposterous.

They know he's a fan favorite...honestly I wish they never brought him back. He was gone, we had moved on...won the AFC East...etc.

Bringing him back only makes it worse that now that's twice the fans have had to deal with the separation.

It's for the best for JT to go, but it's a hard decision to make...it only sucks because he's gone to the Jets.

Exactly....if it wasn't the jets, it wouldn't be as much an issue.

Honestly, if this means that Rex Ryan isn't going to go out to Free Agency or the draft to find pass rushing talent than this is probably a good thing. Now, Rex is betting that JT will do the heavy lifting, and after JT's performance the past couple of seasons I am much happier with him rushing Henne than some young star. This could be a blessing in disguise and leave the Jets with another mediocre sack season.

I am sorry, but you cannot use the "mouths to feed" argument when we are discussing a professional football player who has made millions year after year for the past decade. If he seriously has a desperate need for money after all this time he needs to learn better money management skills. This was him wanting to maintain that multi-millionaire lifestyle with a fatter paycheck from the Jets than the Dolphins would give him at this point. But this NEVER becomes an argument of having to feed his family, that is just preposterous.

You never know about his financial situation. Look @ Nicholas Cage, he's made over 100million dollars in his career and yet he's file for bankruptcy due to poor money management (and his manger screwed him).

Ugh, I hate the fact that he is going to play for the Jets. But he is right, Dolphins never made him an offer.

He was handed a offer for 2 more years, handed to him personally by BP. he turned down the offer because he wanted to wait until after the season. the dolphins granted him that wish, so the team wanted to wait until after the draft, jason the whining dancer would'nt give the team the same respect... I hope he's happy in new york cause he can never be embraced by the miami community again...

Back
Top Bottom