Jason White | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason White

Then why is Leinhart on here. Average arm, average mobility. One of the best RB's in the nation, great receiving core. Has and O-line and a Defense. Now, why are you projecting him #1 on your draft board, but Jason White has not chance of being in the NFL?

NFL MVP said:
you know everybody's always talking about matt leinhart aaron rodgers but i never see anyone ever talkin bout jason white he's most liekly gonna be the heisman winner again and he plays great why dont we draft him?
See Eric Crouch, former Nebraska QB

Section126 said:
Brock Berlin would be a better NFL QB than White....what does that tell Ya?

Jason White = Geno Torretta
what school does Berlin and white play for?

Phinsdude said:
Then why is Leinhart on here. Average arm, average mobility. One of the best RB's in the nation, great receiving core. Has and O-line and a Defense. Now, why are you projecting him #1 on your draft board, but Jason White has not chance of being in the NFL?

Leinhart has better tools. And to say Leinhart has a better OL than White is rediculous(as it is today his recieving corp is better)

The OL for USC as a redshirted freshman, true freshman, sophmore, and a jr college transfer on their line, while OU's line averages 35 starts a player.

Coming into this year Leinhart had no proven WRs, White had a Belitnikoff award canidate.

Only difference is USC has a better defense than OU.

Plus White's best weapon was running, and after two blown knees he no longer has that.

Now IMO the #1 QB is Rodgers(but it is very close), but White would be lucky to be drafted first day let alone 1st round.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
Yeah, but he was drafted in the 7th round of the NFL draft, and he knew his future was a hell of a lot brighter in the NBA.

Reality check. Charlie Ward wasn't picked IN ANY ROUND because he made it clear he wasn't going to the NFL. He was also a likely 2nd round pick in football and would have been coming to the NFL at the time when mobile passers were just starting to become de rigeur.

People who think Jason White won't be NFL qb are just crazy!!!!!!!Have you seen this guy passing?? He is always on the money. And for those who thinks he isn't mobile...Jason was a moblie qb before. He'll make in the NFL...you can take that to the bank

Soft, Injury-Prone, Overrated

I will be surprised if he is drafted AT ALL. Jason White has "camp arm" written all over him. Think in terms of Josh Heupel WITHOUT the stats.

And for all that he is 100 times better than rix. The idea of that lunkhead playing QB in the NFL is ludicrous.

You guys have GOT to get over this obsession with numbers. Height, 40 times, arm strength, blah, blah, are NOT what make good football players.

i think injuries effect him and his draft status... they say he has an average arm, but i think its fine enough for the NFL... i think he could be a good player...

Boomer said:
Reality check. Charlie Ward wasn't picked IN ANY ROUND because he made it clear he wasn't going to the NFL. He was also a likely 2nd round pick in football and would have been coming to the NFL at the time when mobile passers were just starting to become de rigeur.

Charlie Ward is barely 6 foot. There is no way in hell he would have gone in the second round. You must be a FSU fan to over evaluate his talent as relates to NFL sucess.

Uggykurky said:
Charlie Ward is barely 6 foot. There is no way in hell he would have gone in the second round. You must be a FSU fan to over evaluate his talent as relates to NFL sucess.

And Drew Brees and Michael Vick are 6 ft flat. Got something smart to say about that as well?

Ward was looked at, in the early part of 1994, before he made his decision to go to the NBA and after beating Nebraska, as coming off the board in the mid to late 2nd round.

Kiper's top 5 draft eligible prospects

OFFENSE
Quarterback
1. Charlie Frye, Akron (same)
2. Jason Campbell, Auburn (same)
3. Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut (same)
4. Kyle Orton, Purdue (same)
5. Andrew Walter, Arizona State (same)

No Jason White??

I don't want to make it out that Kiper is the only authority on the NFL draft, but he is paid to rank these guys and a lot of his opinion comes from talking to NFL personnel people.......White is just not considered a good pro prospect. COULD he become one? Sure, but let's not start the 'draft Jason White' stuff until we get to at least the 6th rnd next April.

burger13 said:
Kiper's top 5 draft eligible prospects

OFFENSE
Quarterback
1. Charlie Frye, Akron (same)
2. Jason Campbell, Auburn (same)
3. Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut (same)
4. Kyle Orton, Purdue (same)
5. Andrew Walter, Arizona State (same)

No Jason White??

I don't want to make it out that Kiper is the only authority on the NFL draft, but he is paid to rank these guys and a lot of his opinion comes from talking to NFL personnel people.......White is just not considered a good pro prospect. COULD he become one? Sure, but let's not start the 'draft Jason White' stuff until we get to at least the 6th rnd next April.

Could he? At best IMO he would be a smarter version of Fiedler with a little bit more range. If he gets his mobility(he was one of the most mobile QB's in his class) he would have been a first day pick, 4th round at the worst. But because of his injuries, he isn't as effective as he would have been.

For all we know he could be the next Brady, but so could a number of other guys.

musphinzfan said:
I believe White is a good QB....I think he can make it in the NFL....Hes way better then Heupel,Gino,etc.....If he can throw the ball 60 yards he could easily make it in the NFL pending injuries check-ups....A project but worth a 5th rounder IMO.
\

Jim Druckenmiller used to work out with linemen... with about the same amount of weights. He could easily chuck the ball 60yds..or 70.

Why dont we see Mr Druckenmiller lighting up the NFL scoreboards?
Its not just about arm strength, a good NFL QB must also be smart, able read and adjust to defenses, have accuracy, have the ability to go through his progressions at NFL speed.

White has a strong arm and is pretty accurate. I question his abilities beyond that.

Back
Top Bottom