OFFENSE
Quarterback
1. Charlie Frye, Akron (same)
2. Jason Campbell, Auburn (same)
3. Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut (same)
4. Kyle Orton, Purdue (same)
5. Andrew Walter, Arizona State (same)

No Jason White??

I don't want to make it out that Kiper is the only authority on the NFL draft, but he is paid to rank these guys and a lot of his opinion comes from talking to NFL personnel people.......White is just not considered a good pro prospect. COULD he become one? Sure, but let's not start the 'draft Jason White' stuff until we get to at least the 6th rnd next April.

Mel is more infatuated with Frye, than John Madden is in love with Brett Favre. I don't get it?? I think White is one late-hit away from being on the permanently disabled list. I think White's success is largely due to defenses being afraid of Adrian Peterson blowing by for 30 yard runs. I would put Smith of Utah and Lefors of Louisville ahead of Walters who is tall but very slow. Orton has also fallen off the radar screens, and may not be drafted until the 3rd round. Jason Campbell threw for over 400 yards and ran for over 50 in his last game...he might be worth a shot. :confused:

Frye is a heck of a player which is why Kiper likes him. Campbell could well end up in the first round. To my mind he is the most intelligent and most improved of all the QB's available in the selection.

after a couple yrs of listening to mel kiper, he knows his qbs!!! and like he has said, white is only avg at best....also i think berlin would make a decent nfl qb...has a hell of an arm

another interesting fact...allen iverson was the best qb in college the same yr as vick came out...people were higher on iverson that vick, b/c he had a better arm and more mobile...wouldnt it be weird to see iverson being a qb?

tomas101 said:
another interesting fact...allen iverson was the best qb in college the same yr as vick came out...people were higher on iverson that vick, b/c he had a better arm and more mobile...wouldnt it be weird to see iverson being a qb?

uhh.....no thats not a fact. Iverson was one of the best Highschool QBs when vick was in highschool. He says his first love is football, he would of been a WR in college. But he was a hell of a highschool QB. But he didnt play college football.

Back
Top Bottom