Ja’Wuan James’ future uncertain as Dolphins offensive line deals with instability | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja’Wuan James’ future uncertain as Dolphins offensive line deals with instability

This off-season will tell us everything. If they bring in another OL coach or give the new guy a chance. This off-season we could rebuild the line into a totally different style. (Away from ZBS)

Injury update: Head Coach Adam Gase disputed a report suggesting that tackle Ja’Wuan James would miss the rest of the season because of a groin injury, starting off by saying the injury is not to his groin. Gase said he’s still in the process of gathering information and should know more about James’ status later on Friday. Damien Williams continues to miss practice because of illness, but when Gase was asked about Williams, he said the running back would be able to play against Carolina on Monday night even if he might end up not practicing all week.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...te--More/4e053e38-a2cf-485f-9d73-f0e511c3b5b4

Injury update: Head Coach Adam Gase disputed a report suggesting that tackle Ja’Wuan James would miss the rest of the season because of a groin injury, starting off by saying the injury is not to his groin. Gase said he’s still in the process of gathering information and should know more about James’ status later on Friday. Damien Williams continues to miss practice because of illness, but when Gase was asked about Williams, he said the running back would be able to play against Carolina on Monday night even if he might end up not practicing all week.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...te--More/4e053e38-a2cf-485f-9d73-f0e511c3b5b4
Maybe we can be know as the team that never practices. This is so frustrating. I was hoping things would change with Gase and they still might but I'm having my doubts

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not sure I'm still going to be around when we FINALLY get the OL situation corrected.
One day we'll finally get it turned around and have a great o-line, and then they'll all just get hurt. When we suck, we just suck- but every damn time it looks like we'll actually have a good team and there's reason for optimism, and we as a fanbase even so much as get a little bit excited, damn near every important player on the roster gets ****ing hurt. The stadium being built on an Indian buriel ground is no coincidence, I truly believe there's some kind of curse at work. We just aren't allowed to ever have nice things. I'm to the point where I've just accepted the fact that I will never see this franchise win anything meaningful as long as I live. I've come to terms with it.

Anther OL 1st pick in the Draft. This is getting old

Well Baltimore beat us with half of their starters injured and not practicing for the whole week. Not going to blame injuries as an excuse.

James' future would have been in question regardless of his injury. I know I'm in the minority, but I have never been sold on the guy as a starting RT.

James' future would have been in question regardless of his injury. I know I'm in the minority, but I have never been sold on the guy as a starting RT.

James was average or above. Good enough to start for a number of teams, but not for big $

James was average or above. Good enough to start for a number of teams, but not for big $

The guy has never put together a full season of decent play. You can pick out streaks of decent play, but you have to look within a season to find it. Until he plays well game in and game out in the pass and run games, he shouldn't be a starting RT. We need to invest a mid to late round pick on RT...and not one of those hybrid types, get a true RT.

Philbin and Friends built a weak, finesse o-line, and when Philbin was fired every single one of his o-linemen should have been replaced. But, Tannenbaum and Gase decided to make only minor changes. Now, two years later, we're talking about having to rebuild the o-line because Tunsil's play at LT is not very good, Pouncey is done and too expensive, James is injured and in no way does his play match his 1st round draft status, and the Guards are a bunch of nobodies and a 5th round project.

The problem here is twofold:
1. Tannenbaum should have started replacing Philbin's linemen 2 years ago, but he refused. He did make some changes, but no one in the current Front Office / Scouting Department appears to know what they're doing when it comes to finding and evaluating o-line talent. These are the guys that couldn't find ANY Guards better than Thomas and Turner to start the 2016 season!
2. Gase likes the same short pass based style of offense as Philbin, so maybe he actually wanted to keep most of Philbin's weak finesse linemen.

IMO, they need to just rebuild the entire line with a bunch of maulers, and forget about that finesse garbage.

I don't think too many Dolphins fans would disagree that the offensive line is almost a total rebuild. I think James has been the best player on the unit this year, though. If Miami decides to get a more physical player there I have no problem.

My one hope is that the unit can be essentially rebuilt in one offseason. Heck, we've been looking for a complete offensive line since 2008.

Back
Top Bottom