Jay Ajayi channeling Ricky Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Ajayi channeling Ricky Williams

Ajayi doesn't appear, to me, to be as powerful as Ricky. I would like for Ajayi to be a more punishing runner, but seems to me that he would break down physically, as he did last year with the shoulder issues.

Ricky was waaayyyy faster than Ajayi and people forget that Ricky was an elite receiver, even catching over the shoulder stuff on deep routes. Ajayi is the king of yards after contact, but he isn't in the same league as a sober,healthy and focused Ricky Williams.
Congratulations on completely missing the point

I like Ajayi but he need show me more... but do yall know Ricky rush for 10,007 in his NFL career. Ricky was a HOF type back, if focused, being sober,and healthy. Ricky miss 3 to 4 yr from nfl...
Ronnie brown career 5391 yd
Larry Csonka 8081 yd

Last edited:
Man, I'm looking so forward to it. He is not the newbie anymore, and defenses will focus on him. That's fine with me because he will still get his yards, and if they stack the box, our receivers will feast.
You don't think they were focusing on him after those 200yd games.

Love watching JTrain run hard for Miami. Yard after contact and 4th quarter are his bread and butter. The running game does need to be more consistent though from game to game. We had crazy games with 200+yds and then some with practically nothing (<20yds).

I think Ricky had slightly more top speed but it wasn't elite, more like slightly above average really. His greatness came from his ability to be patient for the hole then accelerate like rocket through it. Jay is a better tackle breaker though. Ricky was great head-on, but he could be brought down consistently from the side going low. Jay has a nasty stiff arm and maybe better balance to avoid that, which is why he likes those zone runs. This ricky stuff is all off of old memories though.

Ajayi doesn't appear, to me, to be as powerful as Ricky. I would like for Ajayi to be a more punishing runner, but seems to me that he would break down physically, as he did last year with the shoulder issues.

Ricky did break down physcially after 2 seasons. It's obviously not his fault we ran him into the ground while wasting two first rounders lol I see Ajayi as the most powerful back in the league as of now. Ricky couldn't take the beating with us and used medicine to alleviate the pain he must've endured. Ricky's just a different character. Even in person, he's shy, reserved and to himself (very weird to meet). Trust me, he's def a different type good or bad. Pretty ironic Ricky called out weed being a savior way before anyone else. Ajayi did have the most yards after contact which is a good indicator on how powerful he is. He's either a complete stud or we underrate our O-line running the ball. 1272 yds, 4.9ypc, and 8tds in 15 games beyond that line is ridiculous.

Agree with the Ricky reminder - Ricky could lay the smack down (even in the probowl lol) and Ajayi is a bit eccentric, or at least outside the norm being a British RB.....not to mention the haircut.

Very easy for me to root for Ajayi, and i've gotten all my non-NFL watching british family on board the J-train too, gives them someone to relate to at least.

Ajayi is no longer under the radar after making the pro bowl in his first year as a starting back. Teams will stack the box and we can't run into that or constantly throw a screen on first down. We need to spread the Chargers defense out, and pass the ball to the WR's or TE in the intermediate range and we need to keep Cutler clean early. If we can do that consistently this year, we'll be playoff caliber easy. If we keep running and passing into a stacked box, it will be frustrating to watch.

Honestly we can win passing the ball or running it. Our offense is stacked with talent. If the oline can do there job and stay healthy the sky is the limit. If only Marino had this much talent when he was behind center.

Back
Top Bottom