Jeremy Shockey | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeremy Shockey

FWIW, last year Celek played 880 snaps, caught 57 for 650 yds, 1 TD, 2 passes over 20 in 4 tries, and had 8 drops (all over the middle). He graded out below average in run and pass blocking, as well as a receiver. Can't see trading for him.

I'm thinking we go with what we have.

1. Did you see how bad the Philly line situation was last year ?
2. Celak is a better blocker than Keller was
3. He would be a red area target
4. I would not trade 1 thru 4 pick for him

1. Did you see how bad the Philly line situation was last year ?
2. Celak is a better blocker than Keller was
3. He would be a red area target
4. I would not trade 1 thru 4 pick for him

His grades are on individual play, nothing to do with the team's troubles, and almost any TE is a better blocker than Keller.

We need a seam buster to replace Keller, not a better blocker. I'm hoping that Clay and Egnew combined can fill that need.

His grades are on individual play, nothing to do with the team's troubles, and almost any TE is a better blocker than Keller.

We need a seam buster to replace Keller, not a better blocker. I'm hoping that Clay and Egnew combined can fill that need.

I am on record as seeing what the in house candidates can do over then next ten days. I do think they should add a vet at some point.

Much of Celak's issues had to do with his team. The line sucked. Qb play horrid. Overall, the team was a mess. It affects the guys grade.

I think he is a nice player and good fit.

I am on record as seeing what the in house candidates can do over then next ten days. I do think they should add a vet at some point.

Much of Celak's issues had to do with his team. The line sucked. Qb play horrid. Overall, the team was a mess. It affects the guys grade.

I think he is a nice player and good fit.

He was better before last year, and IF available, likely the best option we will have. We agree on the wait and see approach to see how what we have responds. Have to look up his contract as well.

Celak is due $3.25M this year, and $4M next year, with 2 more years which do not matter. None of that is guaranteed. So, we save $2M from Keller, and he would not cost much.

My personal opinion is to hope for the internal inspiration of the "next man up" as motivation; from whats currently on the roster. However, I still think we add the best seam threat TE we can find. In doing so I thought the Philly change to the fast paced offense of Chip Kelly, coupled with their drafting of Ertz (whom I coveted for the "Phins) would probably make for the most TE talented group to choose from. If it ends up being Celek I'd welcome it just from a stability standpoint but would still look and hope for some magic from Clay, Sims, Miller or (dare I say it...) Egnew... If not Celek, I'd still look at their odd man out or perhaps someone from Green Bay so that the learning curve is perhaps less steep.

What would you guys think of a trade of Starks for Celek and a fourth rd. 2014 pick? ...... A 4th may not sound so appealing to us, as Starks is a Pro Bowler..but we may very well be losing him for nothing after this season..

....ooops my bad ... I just saw there's another thread for pulling a trade for a TE... I have not read it as of yet... but I bet there's some similar sentiment in it.. my apologies for being redundant.

Egnew is trash... Go with clay and sims and see what they can do

Hahaha

Are you guys effen kidding me??? You want Shockey??? Thank god I'm on vacation and drinking my a** off in the warm sun other wise I would think some of you are serious. Lets roll with what we got. Keller can't block either can Egnew, but it looks like he can catch
i love this board at times

I want shockey to try out. and if he can beat out egnew, I wouldn't be surprised. what's wrong with trying a guy out?

WARnING! Consumption of alcohol to the point that you would take Egghead over a JV High School girls Lacrosse player puts you in the danger zone! You may experience liver and kidney failure shortly!

WARnING! Consumption of alcohol to the point that you would take Egghead over a JV High School girls Lacrosse player puts you in the danger zone! You may experience liver and kidney failure shortly!

Word! I hope I do then.

Back
Top Bottom