Jeremy Shockey | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeremy Shockey

Shockey may not be bad. He averaged 12 ypc last year. I think they need a veteran to go with the young guys.

Sounds good to me, sign Shockey now.......cause right now the Phinz TEs are not very good if Keller is out for the year

Joel Dressen of Denver
Tony Moeaki of KC...final year of rookie deal. KC has Fasano and Kelce.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like Todd Heap and Kevin Boss. Free agents and not draft pick to give up. Hopefully we can pick one of those 2 up.

Bring Shockey in for a workout and see where he is at. Personally I think this is when the lightbulb comes on for Clay.

Ideally you want the young guys to step up . . . but I do think it would be wise for Miami to tryout a few of these veterans to see where they stand. Truth is, the youngsters haven't done enough in preseason to warrant such faith in them so you have to do what is best for your team.

I'd at least see if we could get Shockey in for a workout and see if it looks like he has any gas left in the tank. Otherwise, I'm just gonna hope and pray that Keller turns out to be a hyper extension or something and he only has to miss a few weeks. Egnew shouldn't even have a spot on our roster, kid is a total scrub, which is only reinforced by his performance in preseason.

Can I get a triple AMEN to this? I am usually an optimistic person rooting for some guy to step up and do well, waiting for "the light to come on" as we say. This dude doesn't even have a bulb in the socket... it's definitely time for him to GO.

No thank you to Shockey. He would be terrible for a young QB like Tannehill.

Can I get a triple AMEN to this? I am usually an optimistic person rooting for some guy to step up and do well, waiting for "the light to come on" as we say. This dude doesn't even have a bulb in the socket... it's definitely time for him to GO.
Are you basing this on last year or this year? Everyone says that Egnew has improved significantly. He is 6'5 and has good hands. This is actually a great opportunity if he can seize it.

Free agent list:

Kevin Boss
Todd Heap
Jeremy Shockey
David Thomas
Randy McMichael
Travis Beckum
Cameron Morrah
Will Heller

If that is all that is left, the Dolphins better hope Keller is plastic man, and the injury is not that bad.

Shockey is one tough SOB, he will block and catch, why not bring him in? he will instantly be a threat in this offense.

The Eagles drafted Stanford TE Zach Ertz so Brent Celek could be available. I would make a trade for him amd throw in a late pick if necessary.

Seriously don't think this is a good idea.

I saw him less than a year ago in brickell, and he is skinny as F. I was shocked (no pun intended, though writing this just made me giggle) to see how much weight he'd lost. He looked like a basketball player.

Plus, he was wearing a polo. Not like it was a dress shirt where I could have been mislead. I don't think he's coming back.

FWIW, last year Celek played 880 snaps, caught 57 for 650 yds, 1 TD, 2 passes over 20 in 4 tries, and had 8 drops (all over the middle). He graded out below average in run and pass blocking, as well as a receiver. Can't see trading for him.

I'm thinking we go with what we have.

Back
Top Bottom