Jests have another Prima Dona QB in Geno Smith, lol | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests have another Prima Dona QB in Geno Smith, lol

He also said it wasnt all about the draft. Maybe having dealt with this guy he doesnt want him negotiating his contract. We dont know what went on behind scenes and reality its his choice. He fell people fall all the time in draft. Still wont have one affect at all on his football career. He will either be good or not. I dont think one can make any judgement on his character by this esp since he had the balls to face day two
Maybe I'm forgetting a post, but I can't remember ever reading you defending a Phins player to this extent.

That being said, Geno blows, regardless of where he was drafted. I bet he was praying it would be St. Louis so Austin and Bailey could continue masking just how godawful his passes were.

Maybe I'm forgetting a post, but I can't remember ever reading you defending a Phins player to this extent.

That being said, Geno blows, regardless of where he was drafted. I bet he was praying it would be St. Louis so Austin and Bailey could continue masking just how godawful his passes were.

Well there were plenty of times but I will give u one where a great majority were bashing . When we played Tannehill this year there was a thread about how bad Tannehill sucks started I believe by wvdolphin himself. I just think its silly to act like is a prina donna over nothing in actuality. Hell if there was something to it I would be quite happy but this is much ado about nothing.

Well there were plenty of times but I will give u one where a great majority were bashing . When we played Tannehill this year there was a thread about how bad Tannehill sucks started I believe by wvdolphin himself. I just think its silly to act like is a prina donna over nothing in actuality. Hell if there was something to it I would be quite happy but this is much ado about nothing.

Personally, I couldn't care less how he acts. It's how he plays that I consider, and that's pretty ****ty. The only nice thing about him potentially being a prima donna is that I get to read the hilarious tabloids here after he blows a game. One of the highlights of living in NYC during football season.

Personally, I couldn't care less how he acts. It's how he plays that I consider, and that's pretty ****ty. The only nice thing about him potentially being a prima donna is that I get to read the hilarious tabloids here after he blows a game. One of the highlights of living in NYC during football season.

he wouldnt have been the guy I would have chose but some scouts like him quite a bit. Drafting is not exact science and hell on this board RG3 is considered not very good

He also said it wasnt all about the draft. Maybe having dealt with this guy he doesnt want him negotiating his contract. We dont know what went on behind scenes and reality its his choice. He fell people fall all the time in draft. Still wont have one affect at all on his football career. He will either be good or not. I dont think one can make any judgement on his character by this esp since he had the balls to face day two

hopefully its more to it than that, but it sure seems like he's taking his frustration on his agent or blaming others for his woes if he did fire his agent because of the draft or how he didn't get picked as high as he thought. It can affect his football career, because that mindset and attitude is usually a detriment to qbs, especially the rookie qbs. A lot of the busts had all the physical talent in the world, but they either didn't have the confidence to handle such pressure, they were very immature, or entitled and didn't put the work in necessary become a succesful qb. And they didn't have a thick skin and were mentally weak. If he can't handle the stuff now, hows he going to handle the ups and downs and struggles that happen in a young qbs career especially a rookie qb? A qb needs a strong mindset, because they will be eaten alive in this league with one that leaf and the other busts had and geno is starting to show. We'll see maybe he'll learn to handle things better and handle things better than don't go his way or he'll need to, because games definitely won't and if they don't go his way, will he throw his teammates under the bus or blame them for his lack of success? like he did with his agent for geno not succeeding in getting picked like he hoped.

yeah but if he acts like that and this is a glimpe of his personality and attitude, I guarentee his peformance will not be good or not develop to more, because of his weakmindset.

hopefully its more to it than that, but it sure seems like he's taking his frustration on his agent or blaming others for his woes if he did fire his agent because of the draft or how he didn't get picked as high as he thought. It can affect his football career, because that mindset and attitude is usually a detriment to qbs, especially the rookie qbs. A lot of the busts had all the physical talent in the world, but they either didn't have the confidence to handle such pressure, they were very immature, or entitled and didn't put the work in necessary become a succesful qb. And they didn't have a thick skin and were mentally weak. If he can't handle the stuff now, hows he going to handle the ups and downs and struggles that happen in a young qbs career especially a rookie qb? A qb needs a strong mindset, because they will be eaten alive in this league with one that leaf and the other busts had and geno is starting to show. We'll see maybe he'll learn to handle things better and handle things better than don't go his way or he'll need to, because games definitely won't and if they don't go his way, will he throw his teammates under the bus or blame them for his lack of success? like he did with his agent for geno not succeeding in getting picked like he hoped.

I just dont think its proof of any weak mind set, A lot of busts have great mind sets they just are not talented. I hope he is a bust but in reality he is probably an upgrade talent wise to what they have on their roster. He completed over 70 percent of his passes and had a great td to int ratio. He improved every year . I hated him in first but he can make all the throws and doesnt make a ton of mistakes. He is fairly accurate just sometimes throws some passes that make you say hmm. He not a sterotypical run first type of qb. I would much rather the jets didnt draft him than did.

I thought it was fairly obvious that he was visably upset about where he was drafted.

I suspect his Ego was bruised considering

1. He fell out of the 1st rd
2. He wasnt the 1st QB to go and that one did go in the 1st (If I recall correctly?)
3. He has to be feeling like he is being set up to fail by going to the Jets.

It appears as if he is holding his agent responsible for it all.

I just dont think its proof of any weak mind set, A lot of busts have great mind sets they just are not talented. I hope he is a bust but in reality he is probably an upgrade talent wise to what they have on their roster. He completed over 70 percent of his passes and had a great td to int ratio. He improved every year . I hated him in first but he can make all the throws and doesnt make a ton of mistakes. He is fairly accurate just sometimes throws some passes that make you say hmm. He not a sterotypical run first type of qb. I would much rather the jets didnt draft him than did.

no. the mind is a lot of it. wow dude. The reason they are busts is because they had tons of talent, but it never came to fruition because they couldn't handle the mental part of the game, whether schemes, game plan or mental toughness. We already know about ryan leaf and thats a lot because of his laziness and mental weakness. Scouts said he was more talented than peyton manning. Michael vick wasn't a bust, but he didn't blossom to be as great or could as he could be, as he even admits, because he didn't study or put the work in like he should have or felt he didn't need to. Jamarcus Russel didn't work hard on the studying, and he event admit it. A lot your busts couldn't handle the pressure that comes with being the franchise qb and faultered with the pressue, which si why qbs have to be strong minded to handle all that pressure and matury, poise, work ethic, etc. All these things have to do with the mental approach to pair with the physical talent. Peyton manning is one of the hardest workers he had an awful rookie season, it didnt falter him, he just worked harded and is a great qb. Tom Brady carried a chip on his shoulder and his work ethic and mental approach as well as confidence is right up there. What you see in the great qbs is that they had a strong mental approach. Jeesh, montana wasn't great because his physical tools, but because he couldn't be rattled, he had ice in his veins, same for elway too. Marino was a very confident guy too ha. And lets look at the succes of last years rookies, just listen to the maturity and leadership of luck, he takes things in stride and you need that. A determination to get better, but a quick memory for the errors to not dwell on them. Griffin too and especially russel Wilson. Poise is huge, talent is needed with it. But will Geno have that poise with the pressure and things not going his way? i don't know the other busts didn't have it, because of the mental weakness or lack of strenght, which franchise qbs need in this league along with talent. Talent and the mental part go hand in hand. Need both. But usually the busts lacked the mental part, because they had the talent that's why they were such high picks. Guys who are drafted 3 rd or later, if they don;t succeed arent usually seen as busts because they aren't projected to really be franchise qbs, because of the lack of physical talent, wheres the top picks are, but don't succeed because they lack the football iq, work ethic/attitude, or mental make up to handle the ups and downs and huge pressure thats comes with being a qb for a franchise in this league.

I thought it was fairly obvious that he was visably upset about where he was drafted.

I suspect his Ego was bruised considering

1. He fell out of the 1st rd
2. He wasnt the 1st QB to go and that one did go in the 1st (If I recall correctly?)
3. He has to be feeling like he is being set up to fail by going to the Jets.

It appears as if he is holding his agent responsible for it all.
Plus we have no idea what has been done behind scenes. He felt he got bad advice or wasnt getting proper rep. I guess nobody has ever changed doctors, lawyers or mechanics or whatever

no. the mind is a lot of it. wow dude. The reason they are busts is because they had tons of talent, but it never came to fruition because they couldn't handle the mental part of the game, whether schemes, game plan or mental toughness. We already know about ryan leaf and thats a lot because of his laziness and mental weakness. Scouts said he was more talented than peyton manning. Michael vick wasn't a bust, but he didn't blossom to be as great or could as he could be, as he even admits, because he didn't study or put the work in like he should have or felt he didn't need to. Jamarcus Russel didn't work hard on the studying, and he event admit it. A lot your busts couldn't handle the pressure that comes with being the franchise qb and faultered with the pressue, which si why qbs have to be strong minded to handle all that pressure and matury, poise, work ethic, etc. All these things have to do with the mental approach to pair with the physical talent. Peyton manning is one of the hardest workers he had an awful rookie season, it didnt falter him, he just worked harded and is a great qb. Tom Brady carried a chip on his shoulder and his work ethic and mental approach as well as confidence is right up there. What you see in the great qbs is that they had a strong mental approach. Jeesh, montana wasn't great because his physical tools, but because he couldn't be rattled, he had ice in his veins, same for elway too. Marino was a very confident guy too ha. And lets look at the succes of last years rookies, just listen to the maturity and leadership of luck, he takes things in stride and you need that. A determination to get better, but a quick memory for the errors to not dwell on them. Griffin too and especially russel Wilson. Poise is huge, talent is needed with it. But will Geno have that poise with the pressure and things not going his way? i don't know the other busts didn't have it, because of the mental weakness or lack of strenght, which franchise qbs need in this league along with talent. Talent and the mental part go hand in hand. Need both. But usually the busts lacked the mental part, because they had the talent that's why they were such high picks. Guys who are drafted 3 rd or later, if they don;t succeed arent usually seen as busts because they aren't projected to really be franchise qbs, because of the lack of physical talent, wheres the top picks are, but don't succeed because they lack the football iq, work ethic/attitude, or mental make up to handle the ups and downs and huge pressure thats comes with being a qb for a franchise in this league.
Never said mind doesnt have anything to do with it but you can be the ultimate student of the game and just not have it. By all accounts John Beck was abig student of game and hard worker , he just didnt have it talent wise. There is no evidence that Smith is lacking mentally at this time well no more than an average rookie qb.

he wouldnt have been the guy I would have chose but some scouts like him quite a bit. Drafting is not exact science and hell on this board RG3 is considered not very good
He's good when his knee is bending the right direction, which will continue to become rarer and rarer each year.

He's good when his knee is bending the right direction, which will continue to become rarer and rarer each year.

maybe but if he stays healthy he is a force to be reckoned with. I personally think some people want other players to fail to feel better about their player.
I just want to beat the other team but I recognize a good player on another team when I see it.

maybe but if he stays healthy he is a force to be reckoned with. I personally think some people want other players to fail to feel better about their player.
I just want to beat the other team but I recognize a good player on another team when I see it.

I think he's a good kid, liked him at Baylor when I was stuck living not far from there, and I hope he learns to adjust his game to survive in the NFL. But if he continues to play the way he does and his ****head coach continues to play him when he shouldn't, he won't be long for this league.

Geno Smith, on the other hand, just sucks. And that's not because he's a jest (I think they got a really good CB in Milliner, though trading a proven in Revis because of injuries only to draft a CB with injuries makes little sense to me, but whatever).

Never said mind doesnt have anything to do with it but you can be the ultimate student of the game and just not have it. By all accounts John Beck was abig student of game and hard worker , he just didnt have it talent wise. There is no evidence that Smith is lacking mentally at this time well no more than an average rookie qb.

well you said they were busts because of lacks of physical talent, some had the talent, but not the mind. but like you said, some had the mind like beck but not the talent. They have to go hand in hand. Successful qbs have both the talent and mental aspect down. Geno Smith can bounce back but if this is a sign to come of his maturity and how he handles adversity, then he will not succeed. We'll see, it's a matter of him learning from his ways and maturing, which well see down the road or if this continues throughout his career, leading to his career demise as far as starting or franchise qb goes.

Back
Top Bottom