Jests have another Prima Dona QB in Geno Smith, lol | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests have another Prima Dona QB in Geno Smith, lol

I think he's a good kid, liked him at Baylor when I was stuck living not far from there, and I hope he learns to adjust his game to survive in the NFL. But if he continues to play the way he does and his ****head coach continues to play him when he shouldn't, he won't be long for this league.

Geno Smith, on the other hand, just sucks. And that's not because he's a jest (I think they got a really good CB in Milliner, though trading a proven in Revis because of injuries only to draft a CB with injuries makes little sense to me, but whatever).

milliner never missed a game. Hell Jordan was injured a few times and nobody is making a big deal of that. I really wanted millner because the corners we got are not even close to his ability

well you said they were busts because of lacks of physical talent, some had the talent, but not the mind. but like you said, some had the mind like beck but not the talent. They have to go hand in hand. Successful qbs have both the talent and mental aspect down. Geno Smith can bounce back but if this is a sign to come of his maturity and how he handles adversity, then he will not succeed. We'll see, it's a matter of him learning from his ways and maturing, which well see down the road or if this continues throughout his career, leading to his career demise as far as starting or franchise qb goes.

I guess my point is that nothing really happened at draft to show he had a lack of maturity, Im not saying he is mature but its not like he went on a tirade

Plus we have no idea what has been done behind scenes. He felt he got bad advice or wasnt getting proper rep. I guess nobody has ever changed doctors, lawyers or mechanics or whatever

I never claimed to know whats going on behind the scenes. My reaction is based purely on his outward impression. He had a big smile on his face at the begining of the draft and as he slipped that smile he had turned into a big sour puss. He just got drafted to do something he has been working all his life for and he is giving everyone the impression that he is bitter that he was not picked sooner. Mr Irrelivent looked happier then him. Him firing his agent immeadiately after the draft gives off the apperance that it is an extension of his bad feelings linked to the draft which really has very little to do with his agents representation.

If he is mad about where he was drafted, he should be mad at himself. Where he was drafted was based on his performance and his interviews done by NFL teams. He underwhelmed the people who evaluated and nobody felt he was a sure enough pick to choose him earlier. It speaks to his own immaturity.

milliner never missed a game. Hell Jordan was injured a few times and nobody is making a big deal of that. I really wanted millner because the corners we got are not even close to his ability

So he doesn't have injury concerns simply because he played through them? I suppose Jake Long didn't have injury issues either. I wonder if you'd still defend the pick if it was actually the one the Phins made? I seriously doubt it.

Not gonna get too much into things, but based on rumors I'm hearing about Smith it would not shock me if he did have an over inflated ego, or at least listens to the wrong people

Several NFL executives who spent "extensive time" with Jets rookie Geno Smith before the draft believe Smith faces significant NFL roadblocks because he's "tuned out" and fails to realize he doesn't know everything.

"I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches," said one exec. "... You can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down." Another NFL exec questioned Smith's leadership. "He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader. I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league." Per Yahoo's Jason Cole, Smith spent "much of his time on his cell phone" during pre-draft visits. "All these other players were talking to coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one source said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."

Rotoworld

So he doesn't have injury concerns simply because he played through them? I suppose Jake Long didn't have injury issues either. I wonder if you'd still defend the pick if it was actually the one the Phins made? I seriously doubt it.

I guess u dont really pay attention to my posts because I wanted Millner in the draft. How many times have I just flipped on a player like so many on this board. Now if I say they are bad or good and they show they are not of course. I will say right now Wake is the best player on team, never expected it.

Dont remember me hyping Jordan once and was always wanting Milliner

Not gonna get too much into things, but based on rumors I'm hearing about Smith it would not shock me if he did have an over inflated ego, or at least listens to the wrong people

Im sure a lot of college to pro players have big egos. I did not want Smith but I dont think he will be a bust. On the field he showed he has what it takes.
will that happen at next level who knows qb's are hard to read

This Guy(any Jet for that matter)is complete GARBAGE.It'll be a BEAUTIFUL sight,to see Wake/Jordan abusing him,to the point where he takes himself out of the game!!!

Sorry, but until there are specific names attributed to these allegations, it comes off as self-serving revisionist history.

Like the saying goes: "There are 3 sides to most stories-yours, mine and the reality." I suspect that's the case here. But playing devil's advocate, imagine you're the agent who just got fired publiclly which no doubt affects your ability to earn your livelihood. If you know this rendition of the facts to be inaccurate, who could begrudge you from aggressively weighing in with what you know to be the truth?

Regardless, it's unfortunate that the spotlight will be focused on Geno going forward based on his public petulance and Nowicki's scathing report as well as other seemingly unbiased recounts of how he conducted himself through the screening process. He registered an above average Wonderlic of 24, so he's a smart kid but by the same token, if he continues on with the brainfarts, it speaks volumes more about his mentality and maturity than it would say Vince Young. High Profile players don't often freefall as much as he did without a reason as the draft marketplace is notoriously egalitarian: Exhibit One: Brady Quinn

LD.............to help you understand what dlockz has been saying

http://deadspin.com/why-did-geno-sm...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Several NFL executives who spent "extensive time" with Jets rookie Geno Smith before the draft believe Smith faces significant NFL roadblocks because he's "tuned out" and fails to realize he doesn't know everything.

"I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches," said one exec. "... You can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down." Another NFL exec questioned Smith's leadership. "He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader. I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league." Per Yahoo's Jason Cole, Smith spent "much of his time on his cell phone" during pre-draft visits. "All these other players were talking to coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one source said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."

Rotoworld

I fully believe it about him seeming 'tuned out' and spending time in pre draft visits tooling around on his cell phone.

His demeanor and penchant for doing just that during the draft was loud and clear. I would have avoided him, too.

Here is some comments from his former qb coach who also coached Weeden. Not saying Smith is not getting fair criticism but he does paint a different picture of Smith as a football player.
Now I take it with a grain of salt since its his former coach but he is also Weeden's former coach.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/02/geno-smith-scouting-report/2047693/

Former West Virginia quarterbacks coach Jake Spavital, now Johnny Manziel's Texas A&M quarterbacks coach and co-offensive coordinator, says Smith is an obsessed student of the game.

"I was laughing with Geno about it Monday night and I said, 'Welcome to the business,''' Spavital told USA TODAY Sports.

"I've been around Geno for two years. I thought he was one of the hardest-working quarterbacks I've ever been around.

"You have people who are about 'What can football do for me?' Geno is about 'What I can do for football?' If you take the game away from him, I think he dies,'' Spavital added.

"He is a dream come true for a coach.''

Spavital should know. He previously coached Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State and said Smith has the better work ethic and franchise quarterback skill set than last April's 22nd overall draft pick.

"Geno can step in and start in the NFL from day one,'' Spavital said. "And I didn't think that about Brandon Weeden. I thought he was a very good quarterback. But I thought it might take him two years before he started. But Geno can come in right now and start right away.''

Why is that?

"His personality is awesome,'' Spavital said. "He has a side of him when it comes to football I've never seen before — he's so competitive and passionate.''

Here's how uninspiring Smith is to teammates: Former Mountaineers receiver Stedman Bailey, who played with Smith since their junior year together at Miramar High in suburban Miami, will attend the first round of the draft in New York City to be at his quarterback's side when a team is expected to call Smith's name early the night of April 25.

Bailey is so appreciative of how hard Smith pushed him the past six years that he'll accompany Smith — despite the fact that Bailey isn't expected to hear his own name called until at least the second round on the following night.

"I know first hand that Geno is one of the hardest working guys having watched how far he's come over our years together," Bailey said. "He's a leader, a hard-working guy, a film junkie. He has all the qualities you'd want in a franchise quarterback. Any one looking for that, Geno is your man.''

Genos Myth is hot garbage. He can be a student of the game or not..... it just wont matter. The fact is, he isnt any good.

Genos Myth is hot garbage. He can be a student of the game or not..... it just wont matter. The fact is, he isnt any good.

Your opinion, in the end it will be played out on field. Your opinions change like the wind, I really dont know how Smith will be at qb but I definately see nothing that shows he is so called hot garbage.
The kid is a good qb prospect. Now that he is in NFL prospect means nothing. He has to produce at some point.

Back
Top Bottom