Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets" | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets"

just dont believe they are that good, defense was cut apart by chad henne who had two big fourth quarter drives to put games away, sanchez is no way a franchise QB, he is rex grossman and in three years someone will find this post, the Jets are OK they are not great

I love it, the jets are one of the oldest teams in the league, they will have a tougher shcedule next year, they pick in the bottom of the draft, etc. Best of all, in this new era..... we own them.

Sure I'd love to battle them for the division next year... But its the pats we'll have to worry about. If anything has changed about dolphan nation's attitude towards the jets.... its thats were no longer intimidated, and faaar more disgusted by them, IMO.

The Jets get Minnesota, Green Bay and Baltimore at home. We play all three on the road.

just dont believe they are that good, defense was cut apart by chad henne who had two big fourth quarter drives to put games away, sanchez is no way a franchise QB, he is rex grossman and in three years someone will find this post, the Jets are OK they are not great

The fins were one of the few teams to shred the Jets D in '09, and Henne played great that game. There are a few factors in that game that I believe helped the fins do that.

1) There was little to no film on Henne.
2) The Jets weren't prepared for the fins to have that potent of a passing attack.
3) The fins wore the Jets down in that hot humid Miami heat and raped them in the 4th quarter.

I'm not taking anything away from the Fins, I thought you guys really punched us in the mouth that game. All I'm saying is that there were a few things in your favor that won't always be, and that most teams won't have.

Because it happened to the Dolphins it will happen to the Jets. I see where you're coming from.[/quo

No cause you guys got DAMN lucky and all of you know it, you can sit here all day and deny it cause thats what you all are best at. Except for you and a couple others are pretty stand up guys.

The fins were one of the few teams to shred the Jets D in '09, and Henne played great that game. There are a few factors in that game that I believe helped the fins do that.

2) The Jets weren't prepared for the fins to have that potent of a passing attack.
3) The fins wore the Jets down in that hot humid Miami heat and raped them in the 4th quarter.

I'm not taking anything away from the Fins, I thought you guys really punched us in the mouth that game. All I'm saying is that there were a few things in your favor that won't always be, and that most teams won't have.

1) no film on henne: who cares he was basically a rookie and had no experience and on a MNF stage shredded the Jets experieced veteran defense, and if its so great and rex is such a great d-coordinator he shuda adjusted to henne and fixed it

2) how can you be prepared for a potent passing attack, you know the colts are the most potent passing attack in the game and you preparation didnt help there

3) (the worst excuse) Phins played the jets in the freezing cold in NY, if your defense and team is great, the weather should have absolutely no affect on the game

1) no film on henne: who cares he was basically a rookie and had no experience and on a MNF stage shredded the Jets experieced veteran defense, and if its so great and rex is such a great d-coordinator he shuda adjusted to henne and fixed it
Look, I gave him credit and said he played great. I'm sorry if you've never heard of teams adjusting to film on a QB when he's new. It happens all the time. Look at what Sanchez did the first 3 weeks of the season compared to the middle of the season.

Rex is a great defensive coordinator. If you don't recognize that it's homerism at it's finest.

2) how can you be prepared for a potent passing attack, you know the colts are the most potent passing attack in the game and you preparation didnt help there
huh? What do the Colts in the playoffs have to do with the Dolphins early in 2009? I don't even understand what point you're trying to make here.

3) (the worst excuse) Phins played the jets in the freezing cold in NY, if your defense and team is great, the weather should have absolutely no affect on the game
I figured Dolphins fans would know best about the hot humid Miami weather wearing opposing teams down early in the season. I guess I was mistaken.

The cold weather in NY has nothing to do with the Jets wearing down in the heat in Mia. Like I said, you guys punched us in the mouth that game. Part of that was wearing us down.

another factor you forgot was when ginn friggin BLEW BY that CB... whats his name again......

I'm not comparing Henne to Manning so don't get me wrong but when teams play Indy, they know they will pass the hell out of the ball. Despite this, people can't usually stop Manning and the Colts.

Knowing this, you're saying the Jets lost that game b/c they assumed the Dolphins couldn't throw the ball. This makes little to no sense at all.

There was also no film on Sanchez all year so how do you explain defenses picking him off 20 times?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not comparing Henne to Manning so don't get me wrong but when teams play Indy, they know they will pass the hell out of the ball. Despite this, people can't usually stop Manning and the Colts.

Knowing this, you're saying the Jets lost that game b/c they assumed the Dolphins couldn't throw the ball. This makes little to no sense at all.

There was also no film on Sanchez all year so how do you explain defenses picking him off 20 times?

Again, what does the Colts passing attack have to do with the Fins passing attack? Peyton Manning is a robot and can dissect the best defense in the world if he's on point. Of course teams prepare to stop the pass against them, most fail.

What I'm saying is that the Jets game plan was not focused on the type of passing game that the Dolphins were able to execute in that game. The only film of the Fins w/Henne at QB at that point was a game against the Bills where the Fins ran the ball 45 times. All week the Jets were planning on stopping a run heavy attack and weren't very concerned with the pass. The Jets personnel and plan were tailored to stopping the run. When Miami was able to execute so well in the passing game it put the Jets on there heels and they didn't deal with the balanced attack.

Sanchez started the season off with 3 good games before defenses had a few games on him and started eating him up. Teams adjust to QB's strengths/weaknesses as NFL film becomes available on them.

Neither of these ideas are radical concepts or far fetched at all.

I think the lack of success by the Miami offense in the second meeting shows what a defense more prepared for what Miami was bringing to the table could do.

Claiming that Sanchez outperformed Henne is as ridiculous as denying that the division's outcome wouldn't have ended up differently if 8 Fins starters didn't go down at one time or another.

While Washington went down, the Jest still had Jones and Greene; we lost Cobb and then Ronnie, our most important player. Henne had to compensate for 1 tired RB and an injured center and guard, and deep holes that the D put us into... while Sanchez had the luxury of doing his poor man's Trent Dilfer imitation handing off to 2 RBs while being protected by Mangold.

Henne brought his team back when our opponents knew he'd be airing it out. The litmus test for Sanchez was the 2nd half of the REAL Indy game where by losing Greene, he was walking in Henne's shoes except that he still had Edwards. In that 2nd half, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jest scored 0 (zero)(zilch)(nada) points. In that half Sanchez went 7-13 including gimme completions in 2 prevent defensive formations, 81yds (again at least 2 gimmes), 0 TDs and 1 Int. Welcome to Henne's world.

Wanna take that a step further? In game 16 during the half where the Colts were actually halfway trying, the jest scored 3 points, and Sanchez dinked and dunked completing 7-10 passes for less than 60 yds. Please. The jest won despite him. Don't be misled by the fewer boneheaded passes he threw late in the season and into the playoff.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Sanchez didn't have the luxury of handing off to 2 effective RBs and Edwards to throw to, or had the deep hole Chad's D almost left him in, he'd be making Henne look even more like Brees by comparison.

I have said all along Henne had a better year, what I am claiming is that Henne came in w/ no presure w/ the dolphins season thought to have been lost and then wen he had pressure late in the year he played his worst football while on the other side Sanchez came in w/ a ton of pressure and when the games were at their biggest he played his best.

Now you are using the injury excuse? We lost arguably our most important offensive and defensive players for most of the year. We also only had Edwards for 12 games, Cotch missed time, Lito missed a good chunk of the season, Strickland missed games, Ellis was suspended a game, we were w/o pace for 4 games, ... so spare me the injury excuse.

Leon was vital to our O and to a rookie QB, you still had a good RB in Ricky who could handle the load and why was Ricky tiring? he was sharing the load for half the season, he should have been fresh down the stretch.

That's grea that henne brought teams back when they were playing prevent defnese w/ huge leads- did he lead you to wins? and why wasn't he leading you to points early in games to keep you in games?

At no point did henne ever play in a game like the 2nd half of the AFC Title Game and we didn't have to throw most of that 2nd half and we kept trying to run w/ a banged up thomas Jones setting up poor passing situations.

Keep trying though, i love the excuses :lol:

Nice try but the simple truth is this. Sanchez did not lead the Jets to the AFC Championship. He was along for the ride.

He played excellent football in the playoffs, he was a major reason why we made it that far and why we had a lead at the half.

Sanchez played well enough to win...He only threw the ball 15 times in the Cincy game if my memory serves me right...

Its a feat to do that in itself....

I thought Henne looked better tho, when he had to throw the ball...

Sanchez was pretty bad when he was slinging the ball around...

Except in a few games...

I give the Jets coaches credit for taking some of that away and sticking with the run..

We were forced to throw the ball and to get away from the run beacause we could not stop anyone...

This is where the Jets D came in...

A Qb's best friend is a running game...running games best friend is a D

I have said all along Henne had a better year, what I am claiming is that Henne came in w/ no presure w/ the dolphins season thought to have been lost and then wen he had pressure late in the year he played his worst football while on the other side Sanchez came in w/ a ton of pressure and when the games were at their biggest he played his best.

Now you are using the injury excuse? We lost arguably our most important offensive and defensive players for most of the year. We also only had Edwards for 12 games, Cotch missed time, Lito missed a good chunk of the season, Strickland missed games, Ellis was suspended a game, we were w/o pace for 4 games, ... so spare me the injury excuse.

Leon was vital to our O and to a rookie QB, you still had a good RB in Ricky who could handle the load and why was Ricky tiring? he was sharing the load for half the season, he should have been fresh down the stretch.

That's grea that henne brought teams back when they were playing prevent defnese w/ huge leads- did he lead you to wins? and why wasn't he leading you to points early in games to keep you in games?

At no point did henne ever play in a game like the 2nd half of the AFC Title Game and we didn't have to throw most of that 2nd half and we kept trying to run w/ a banged up thomas Jones setting up poor passing situations.

Keep trying though, i love the excuses :lol:

He played excellent football in the playoffs, he was a major reason why we made it that far and why we had a lead at the half.

No pressure on Henne? An 0-3 hole and a defensive hole he had to dig out of almost every game? Expectation to repeat as Divisonal Champion? Pressure on Sanchez?? Everyone, including yourself expected him and his team to win 7 games going in as a rookie. If anything there was less pressure and expectation on him. So don't be ridiculous. You lost Jenkins and Washington, we lost Ferguson, Cobb and Ronnie. Your OLine was intact, to spring Jones and Greene....we lost Smiley and Grove and had a tired, older Ricky and an ST player carrying the rock. You had Keller, we lost Martin.

Bottom line: Sanchez looked like a piece of crap against Indy in 6 quarters when they were actually trying.. and even worse against NO.. 2 SB caliber teams. Henne looked fine against NO. You complain about our 11-5 team skating into the POs last season and bring up the Ravens dissection of us..but try to defend your sleep walking victory and then PO victory over Cinci, a worse team with a worse record who essentially was a dead team walking for the last 1/3rd of the season. I can only imagine how Mr 300yds Henne could have picked them apart. Sanchez gets no props for that thank you.

But keep spinning, I love the OCD-rooted defenses of the indefensibles. :lol:

Sanchez played well enough to win...He only threw the ball 15 times in the Cincy game if my memory serves me right...

Its a feat to do that in itself....

I thought Henne looked better tho, when he had to throw the ball...

Sanchez was pretty bad when he was slinging the ball around...

Except in a few games...

I give the Jets coaches credit for taking some of that away and sticking with the run..

We were forced to throw the ball and to get away from the run beacause we could not stop anyone...

This is where the Jets D came in...

A Qb's best friend is a running game...running games best friend is a D

He also completed 12 of them and if not for 2 drops would have gone 14 for 15.

No pressure on Henne? An 0-3 hole and a defensive hole he had to dig out of almost every game? Expectation to repeat as Divisonal Champion? Pressure on Sanchez?? Everyone, including yourself expected him and his team to win 7 games going in as a rookie. If anything there was less pressure and expectation on him. So don't be ridiculous. You lost Jenkins and Washington, we lost Ferguson, Cobb and Ronnie. Your OLine was intact, to spring Jones and Greene....we lost Smiley and Grove and had a tired, older Ricky and an ST player carrying the rock. You had Keller, we lost Martin.

Bottom line: Sanchez looked like a piece of crap against Indy in 6 quarters when they were actually trying.. and even worse against NO.. 2 SB caliber teams. Henne looked fine against NO. You complain about our 11-5 team skating into the POs last season and bring up the Ravens dissection of us..but try to defend your sleep walking victory and then PO victory over Cinci, a worse team with a worse record who essentially was a dead team walking for the last 1/3rd of the season. I can only imagine how Mr 300yds Henne could have picked them apart. Sanchez gets no props for that thank you.

But keep spinning, I love the OCD-rooted defenses of the indefensibles. :lol:

0-3 most people thought the season was over, that takes pressure off. When they were playing for a postseason berth late in the year they had real pressure and he didn't perform. It's like playing a game, when you get down big the game is basically over and the pressure comes off then he starts performing.

It doesn't matter how many games Sanchez was expected to win, he was starting day 1 for a team that had playoff aspirations. That's pressure.

Jenkins and leon were our arguably our most important O and D players plus we lost plenty of other guys during the year. Stop w/ the injury excuse.

Sanchez looked like crap in the 1st half of the title game? do you watch football?

I don't complain about your 2008 team making the playoffs, I just point out that you had an easy road to get in so if you think we were given something then you must think you guys were as well. you guys earned it last year, we earned it this year but we also did something in postseason this year unlike Miami '08.

You can make all the excuses you want, my team was 30 mins from the Super Bowl, your team was blown out at home in the '08 WC game.

Back
Top Bottom