Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets"

2. If the Phins defense is so great at pressure, why did they allow Tennesee, Houston and Pittsburgh to get out to big leads in their games?

Because there is a problem with the secondary, and I will give you the pressure is not as conssistant as it may be, but there was penty of times where they were in the backfield, and were not able to finish the job.

4. I have no idea who is better and who isn't right now. Sanchez was on a team that had more success so far. This isn't a slight on Henne.

I don't know about that, if the Colts play them the way they should have, the Jets lose, Sanchez maybe has to force balls, and take more dangerous shots for possible INTs (Like it happened in the Playoffs). I am not knocking Sanchez, I think he will be a good QB, but of what I saw of Henne, he could be better, and I am far from alone on that theory.

7. The Dolphins are a really good running team. The Jets though had more success

At the beginning of this season, I might have said yes, but what I saw this team with Ronnie and Ricky this year, was truely amazing, they were moving the ball at will when they had to, and no team looked as much of a sure thing as them running the ball.

Numbers 8 and 10 have no relevance to anything

Maybe, maybe not, because it could give us an indication what to expect next year with the way both teams are being coached.

2. If the Phins defense is so great at pressure, why did they allow Tennesee, Houston and Pittsburgh to get out to big leads in their games?

Because there is a problem with the secondary, and I will give you the pressure is not as conssistant as it may be, but there was penty of times where they were in the backfield, and were not able to finish the job.

4. I have no idea who is better and who isn't right now. Sanchez was on a team that had more success so far. This isn't a slight on Henne.

I don't know about that, if the Colts play them the way they should have, the Jets lose, Sanchez maybe has to force balls, and take more dangerous shots for possible INTs (Like it happened in the Playoffs). I am not knocking Sanchez, I think he will be a good QB, but of what I saw of Henne, he could be better, and I am far from alone on that theory.

7. The Dolphins are a really good running team. The Jets though had more success

At the beginning of this season, I might have said yes, but what I saw this team with Ronnie and Ricky this year, was truely amazing, they were moving the ball at will when they had to, and no team looked as much of a sure thing as them running the ball.

Numbers 8 and 10 have no relevance to anything

Maybe, maybe not, because it could give us an indication what to expect next year with the way both teams are being coached.

Sanchez's INT against Indy came very late in that game when it was over and it was on a tipped ball.

Sanchez still has not shown the ability to bring his team back. For all the raving you are doing about Sanchez in the playoffs, they took the ball out of his hands and put it on the running game and defense. Once Indy got the lead, it was over.

Sanchez made a lot of progress in managing a game this year. Schotty kept it simple at the end and that helped him a lot.

Saying Henne didn't play well under pressure is ridiculous. The defense fell apart the first half of games at the end of the season and they had to rely on a first year starter to bring them back. Something he did several times.

Sanchez still has not shown the ability to bring his team back. For all the raving you are doing about Sanchez in the playoffs, they took the ball out of his hands and put it on the running game and defense. Once Indy got the lead, it was over.

Sanchez made a lot of progress in managing a game this year. Schotty kept it simple at the end and that helped him a lot.

Saying Henne didn't play well under pressure is ridiculous. The defense fell apart the first half of games at the end of the season and they had to rely on a first year starter to bring them back. Something he did several times.

we were down in the 4th qtr at SD, he made 2 amazing throws ioncluding the TD to give us the lead. he proved he could lead a team to the AFC Title Game, that's more than henne has proven.

So the D fell apart early in games but the O didn't? was there a rule that the O wasn't allowed to score and they had to turn it over making things easier for their opponents?

How many comebacks did he have? You guys list traling by 3 to start the 4th qtr as a comeback. he had some nice comebacks that fell short and you don't get a prize for that.

As the games got bigger and real pressure started to mount Henne struggled. Notice how he started poorly then when the games seemed out of reach and pressure was less he then started playing well? That's not a good sign.

This rivalry should be fire hot come next season. This fat *** hat has done a pretty good job of giving our players extra motivation to beat the Jets with his big mouth. Next year should be no different.

You beat dead teams in SL, Buf, KC and the Jets. That stretch was easier than us getting Indy to pull their starters in week 16.

Rams had been playing tough when they cam into Miami, the Bills at one point led the AFC east, the Chiefs when we played them was one of the hotter teams, and we played them in one of the coldest game that year, the Jets were still playing for something, against thier biggest rival, and did give it their all. The Colts put in a guy that had not seen the field ever, was not ready, and allowed the Jets to take the lead withh ease.

It's laughable to act like the dolphins have a great pass rush.

2008:

Jets ranked #8 with 41 sacks
Dolphins ranked #9 with 40 sacks

2009:

Jets ranked #18 with 33 sacks
Dolphins ranked #3 with 44 sacks

Total last 2 years.....

Jets...........74 sacks
Dolphins.....88 sacks

I'm laughing, are you?

Who did you lose that was better than Kris Jenkins?

We didn't, we lost a player as important to our defense as Jenkins is to yours in Ferguson. When Jenkins and Ferguson were both still playing, Miami was either 1st or 2nd against the run, either way, they were ahead of the Jets against the run. Jenkins is one of the best at his position, but some times it is not who is more talented, but who fit in better.

henne also played poorly to set up those comebacks and most of them looked nice but fell short anyway. Henne also faced no pressure until late in the year when he played his worst football, Sanchez had pressure all year and thrived in the biggest pressure games.

He helped beat your team twice, he helped take a big lead against the Saints, he helped coming back to beat the Patriots, he helped to come back on the Titans and the Texans. If you can't see that, at least see he had a more then 10 point higher Rating.

You lost Brown, a big loss but you still had Ricky. We passed you in the running dep't before Ronnie went down.

Brown is the most important player to our offense, if he had still been there, the Dolphions would have be ahead of your team running the ball.

Our Coach has been on a staff that won a SB so even if we didn't make the playoffs he was invovled in playoff wins.

Hey, so is our defensive & Offensive coordinator....cool we have more experience then your team :up:

we had the ball near midfield in both of those games down 17-10 and 24-14.

IT SCARED NO ONE, at least not near as much as what the Dolphins did in their comebacks.

You blew the Indy game at home.

But we were in it, and it took a scared WR to blow it for us, because in every other offensive category, we owned them.

you blew the NO game

Yes we did, but we looked a hell of a lot better then your team.

You don't get bonus points for getting leads and blowing them, we led Indy in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game on the road.

Your team looked very good in the playoffs, even though I thought your team got a free pass into the playoffs, they did take advantage of it. ON the other hand, home or away, Miami continued to be tied or close to the Colts all game, and took it to a point where 1 play decided it, we have a better Receiver, and we win.

Did you lose that OT game?

Did you lose to Houston?

Did you lose the Pitt game?

My point is not whether we won or lost, my points is, with missing our best Offensive player, our most important defensive player, and most experienced Corner, we still made it close and kept coming back.

You don't see the alarming trend of falling behind and needing to come back?

Yes, it's called fixing the defense, so they can help Miami win some games.

You beat dead teams in SL, Buf, KC and the Jets. That stretch was easier than us getting Indy to pull their starters in week 16.

Rams had been playing tough when they cam into Miami, the Bills at one point led the AFC east, the Chiefs when we played them was one of the hotter teams, and we played them in one of the coldest game that year, the Jets were still playing for something, against thier biggest rival, and did give it their all. The Colts put in a guy that had not seen the field ever, was not ready, and allowed the Jets to take the lead withh ease.

It's laughable to act like the dolphins have a great pass rush.

2008:

Jets ranked #8 with 41 sacks
Dolphins ranked #9 with 40 sacks

2009:

Jets ranked #18 with 33 sacks
Dolphins ranked #3 with 44 sacks

Total last 2 years.....

Jets...........74 sacks
Dolphins.....88 sacks

I'm laughing, are you?

Who did you lose that was better than Kris Jenkins?

We didn't, we lost a player as important to our defense as Jenkins is to yours in Ferguson. When Jenkins and Ferguson were both still playing, Miami was either 1st or 2nd against the run, either way, they were ahead of the Jets against the run. Jenkins is one of the best at his position, but some times it is not who is more talented, but who fit in better.

henne also played poorly to set up those comebacks and most of them looked nice but fell short anyway. Henne also faced no pressure until late in the year when he played his worst football, Sanchez had pressure all year and thrived in the biggest pressure games.

He helped beat your team twice, he helped take a big lead against the Saints, he helped coming back to beat the Patriots, he helped to come back on the Titans and the Texans. If you can't see that, at least see he had a more then 10 point higher Rating.

You lost Brown, a big loss but you still had Ricky. We passed you in the running dep't before Ronnie went down.

Brown is the most important player to our offense, if he had still been there, the Dolphions would have be ahead of your team running the ball.

Our Coach has been on a staff that won a SB so even if we didn't make the playoffs he was invovled in playoff wins.

Hey, so is our defensive & Offensive coordinator....cool we have more experience then your team :up:

we had the ball near midfield in both of those games down 17-10 and 24-14.

IT SCARED NO ONE, at least not near as much as what the Dolphins did in their comebacks.

You blew the Indy game at home.

But we were in it, and it took a scared WR to blow it for us, because in every other offensive category, we owned them.

you blew the NO game

Yes we did, but we looked a hell of a lot better then your team.

You don't get bonus points for getting leads and blowing them, we led Indy in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game on the road.

Your team looked very good in the playoffs, even though I thought your team got a free pass into the playoffs, they did take advantage of it. ON the other hand, home or away, Miami continued to be tied or close to the Colts all game, and took it to a point where 1 play decided it, we have a better Receiver, and we win.

Did you lose that OT game?

Did you lose to Houston?

Did you lose the Pitt game?

My point is not whether we won or lost, my points is, with missing our best Offensive player, our most important defensive player, and most experienced Corner, we still made it close and kept coming back.

You don't see the alarming trend of falling behind and needing to come back?

Yes, it's called fixing the defense, so they can help Miami win some games.

The Rams had been playing tough when they came into Miami? First off they played in SL and second they lost 27-3, 35-16, 47-3 and 34-13 the previous 4 weeks and eneterd the Miami game w/ a 5 game losing streak and lost 4 more in a row after they played Miami.

The Chiefs were one of the hotter teams? I guess losing 9 of 10 make sa team hot(w/ their lone win over the mighty Raiders).

We were a dead team, we had blown the div the week before and needed Bal or NE to lose. NE won earlier and bal was killing their opponent. Just go back and watch the inspirig Brett favre pregame speech if you want to know how dead we were.

Showing you have more sacks than us proves Miami has a great pass rush? How so?

Jason ferguson at his peak in the early 00s wasn't half the player Jenkins is.

Henne played great against us the first time, he was terrible in the 2nd game as our D dominated your O.

He helped get big leads? Did you win those games? you don't get points for getting leads or coming close to winning games.

your OC last was part of a SB winning staff over 20 years ago. Your DC was part of a staff that made a SB in 1989.

I guarantee you NO was scared.

did you win the Indy game?

How did you look better losing to NO? b/c you scored points early and we scored late? if not for a blocked PAT we both lose by the same score.

Why wasn't your O scoring early?

Claiming that Sanchez outperformed Henne is as ridiculous as denying that the division's outcome wouldn't have ended up differently if 8 Fins starters didn't go down at one time or another.

While Washington went down, the Jest still had Jones and Greene; we lost Cobb and then Ronnie, our most important player. Henne had to compensate for 1 tired RB and an injured center and guard, and deep holes that the D put us into... while Sanchez had the luxury of doing his poor man's Trent Dilfer imitation handing off to 2 RBs while being protected by Mangold.

Henne brought his team back when our opponents knew he'd be airing it out. The litmus test for Sanchez was the 2nd half of the REAL Indy game where by losing Greene, he was walking in Henne's shoes except that he still had Edwards. In that 2nd half, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jest scored 0 (zero)(zilch)(nada) points. In that half Sanchez went 7-13 including gimme completions in 2 prevent defensive formations, 81yds (again at least 2 gimmes), 0 TDs and 1 Int. Welcome to Henne's world.

Wanna take that a step further? In game 16 during the half where the Colts were actually halfway trying, the jest scored 3 points, and Sanchez dinked and dunked completing 7-10 passes for less than 60 yds. Please. The jest won despite him. Don't be misled by the fewer boneheaded passes he threw late in the season and into the playoff.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Sanchez didn't have the luxury of handing off to 2 effective RBs and Edwards to throw to, or had the deep hole Chad's D almost left him in, he'd be making Henne look even more like Brees by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
we were down in the 4th qtr at SD, he made 2 amazing throws ioncluding the TD to give us the lead. he proved he could lead a team to the AFC Title Game, that's more than henne has proven.

So the D fell apart early in games but the O didn't? was there a rule that the O wasn't allowed to score and they had to turn it over making things easier for their opponents?

How many comebacks did he have? You guys list traling by 3 to start the 4th qtr as a comeback. he had some nice comebacks that fell short and you don't get a prize for that.

As the games got bigger and real pressure started to mount Henne struggled. Notice how he started poorly then when the games seemed out of reach and pressure was less he then started playing well? That's not a good sign.
Nice try but the simple truth is this. Sanchez did not lead the Jets to the AFC Championship. He was along for the ride.

Ok. The secondary is a part of the defense as you well know, you can't just dismiss them.

I don't understand what this has to do with anything. What happened is what happened, there's no point in assuming it any other way.

I may be wrong but did the Jets lead the NFL in rushing?

I don't usually think that a team's coach has that big of an impact on how good a team is. But what Ryan did this year so far is more than any of our coaches have in years. This doesn't mean Ryan is a better coach than Sparano IMO, it means he had the better fortune that gave the Jets a PO birth and they almost went to the big show.

I love it, the jets are one of the oldest teams in the league, they will have a tougher shcedule next year, they pick in the bottom of the draft, etc. Best of all, in this new era..... we own them.

Sure I'd love to battle them for the division next year... But its the pats we'll have to worry about. If anything has changed about dolphan nation's attitude towards the jets.... its thats were no longer intimidated, and faaar more disgusted by them, IMO.

I love it, the jets are one of the oldest teams in the league, they will have a tougher shcedule next year, they pick in the bottom of the draft, etc. Best of all, in this new era..... we own them.

Sure I'd love to battle them for the division next year... But its the pats we'll have to worry about. If anything has changed about dolphan nation's attitude towards the jets.... its thats were no longer intimidated, and faaar more disgusted by them, IMO.

Where do you get the idea the Jets are one of the oldest teams in the league? They're right about in the middle of the pack in terms of average age.

The entire AFC East has a very difficult schedule next year. Only 2 games are determined by where you finished the previous year.

If by "new era" you mean the last year and a half, I guess you're right. You guys won two close games this year. It's not like you "owned" us in either game.

ROFLMAO!!! Jealous of what... This time next yr. their gonna be sitting here whining talking about " man we were so good last yr, sanchez was the next brett favre and fat boy was the next shula blah, blah, blah. " Kinda like how we felt this yr.

ROFLMAO!!! Jealous of what... This time next yr. their gonna be sitting here whining talking about " man we were so good last yr, sanchez was the next brett favre and fat boy was the next shula blah, blah, blah. " Kinda like how we felt this yr.

Because it happened to the Dolphins it will happen to the Jets. I see where you're coming from.

Back
Top Bottom